Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If true sounds like Ballard has made a reasonable offer.  Now we see who blinks first or if someone else offers more.  

Im hoping Ballard doesn’t give up two 2nd rounders for Wentz. I still think that’s too much considering we’re taking on his contract. Plus personally I’d rather get a Fields or Wilson in the draft by using that draft capital to move up. 

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Im hoping Ballard doesn’t give up two 2nd rounders for Wentz. I still think that’s too much considering we’re taking on his contract. Plus personally I’d rather get a Fields or Wilson in the draft by using that draft capital to move up. 

Fields and Wilson are definitely unattainable from 21

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

It certainly doesn't look like Ballard thinks two 2nd's is too much.  That's what he thinks is a fair offer.  

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You don't think the Colts mulled this over before trying to trade for Stafford or Wentz?  I do.  Nothings changed.  I think this is out there to get the Eagles off their butt.  Two can play the game. 

If the Brain Trust didn’t look into them before the trade talks the don’t belong in the NFL

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This why I don’t follow or listen to them

One of my biggest pet peeves is people doing this. This is basically the telephone game. Yesterday he had to delete a post because he said Reich was pounding the table for Wentz. When in reality it was reported Reich thought they could build around him. There was no reason to put his commentary on it. Just post the quote.

53 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

I think the Colts are going to take a step back next year with almost any QB they get. I think they are 8-8 give or take a win or loss. 

With this running game and defense, they could trot Jacoby back out there and get 9 wins. 

20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Hope so! And it wouldn’t be a massive trade up. Wilson or Fields could possibly be had at pick 7. 

If going from 22 to 7 isn’t a massive trade up, I don’t know what would be....especially when a slew of teams is looking for a QB.

Remember what we got from the NYets for them to just go from 6 to 3?

I think it’s possible we’re hearing about this as fodder for leverage with the Eagles.  I’m not saying Ballard would never trade up in the draft.  But it’s certainly not been his norm.  He seems to like profiting off others wanting to trade up.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people doing this. This is basically the telephone game. Yesterday he had to delete a post because he said Reich was pounding the table for Wentz. When in reality it was reported Reich thought they could build around him. There was no reason to put his commentary on it. Just post the quote.

I relate the way some of these podcasts are run to using the Guy down at the local gas station as your only source for local HS or College Athletic Information

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

If going from 22 to 7 isn’t a massive trade up, I don’t know what would be....especially when a slew of teams is looking for a QB.

Remember what we got from the NYets for them to just go from 6 to 3?

I think it’s possible we’re hearing about this as fodder for leverage with the Eagles.  I’m not saying Ballard would never trade up in the draft.  But it’s certainly not been his norm.  He seems to like profiting off others wanting to trade up.

I was wondering the same thing

We would have to do a coordinated trade to get that far up. First player second draft picks. Fields is most likely going to the jets or falcons so both  him and Wilson will probably be gone and won’t even have a place to trade up too. 

Just saw a Chicago guy say looks like bears and colts could move on from Wentz. That is going to make him available soon because eagles are not going to get what they want.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would have to do a coordinated trade to get that far up. First player second draft picks. Fields is most likely going to the jets or falcons so both  him and Wilson will probably be gone and won’t even have a place to trade up too. 

Just saw a Chicago guy say looks like bears and colts could move on from Wentz. That is going to make him available soon because eagles are not going to get what they want.

It's cause the Eagles want too much. 

Nobody is gonna give them what they want 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

HR will regret that

Just now, danlhart87 said:

It's cause the Eagles want too much. 

Nobody is gonna give them what they want 

exactly GIF

56 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

No free agent will want to come here without knowing the QB situation. Unless Ballard overpays. Which he won't.

Not buying. By this point Ballard has earned enough respect around the league that players know they are going to have a real shot to compete here regardless. No free agent is looking at the Colts as a team who can’t make the playoffs for the next several years, and I the better they do figuring that QB spot out the more likely they are to compete at a much higher level. 

Indy is one of the more attractive destinations for free agents right now even with the uncertainty at QB. 

9 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Not buying. By this point Ballard has earned enough respect around the league that players know they are going to have a real shot to compete here regardless. No free agent is looking at the Colts as a team who can’t make the playoffs for the next several years, and I the better they do figuring that QB spot out the more likely they are to compete at a much higher level. 

Indy is one of the more attractive destinations for free agents right now even with the uncertainty at QB. 

I disagree. The future in the NFL is going to become more NBA like. Do you think a marquee wide receiver would choose Indy over Tampa? I don't think so.

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Come on. Lets do this. (hopefully I can say the same on Draft day. 

I agree.  This is my favorite option.

By landing a rookie QB on a rookie contract, the Colts can address other positions of need by way of the additional cap space that will be freed up.

So, while I understand the concerns of losing draft capital, if they believe in the guy they’re trading up for, the value you are ultimately afforded substantially outweighs the short-term loss of draft capital.  

7 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I disagree. The future in the NFL is going to become more NBA like. Do you think a marquee wide receiver would choose Indy over Tampa? I don't think so.

The NFL will never be like the NBA.  The hard cap in the NFL prevents it.   

Archived