Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm...... if not in win now mode then why trade 13th overall pick for a DT? 

Because they needed a DT and they traded for one of the best in the league that will probably play here for the next decade.  It’s not like they traded for a 34 year old and only has a one or two year window.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe it was you who misunderstood ? 

We all have different opinions on what we interpret on what we hear said. 

All we really heard was the normal GM/coach speak. Ballard is very good at saying a lot of words without really saying a lot. We both know that. 

CC... 

Youre the only person here who has stated this position.   No one else thinks this.   Plus, no media outlet has agreed with your view. 

We were just in the playoffs and nearly won.  We will sign a competent LT.   Ballard believes he can trade for a veteran QB the team can win with.  The team will improve.   I appreciate that no team wants to over promise and under deliver,  but we also don’t want to talk down expectations either.  We will try to sell season tickets.  No GM in Ballard’s position is telling the fan base we’re just not that good. 

You can hold your ground on your position, but again, you’re completely alone on that.  There’s nothing that supports your position.  

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ballard has just said this was not a win now team and were not super bowl ready. 

If there is one thing I have learned in my over 50 years of following the NFL, there are no 100% certainties. 

We need to finish what he said. He also said they have until the season starts to finish filling the holes.  

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because they needed a DT and they traded for one of the best in the league that will probably play here for the next decade.  It’s not like they traded for a 34 year old and only has a one or two year window.

So.....Buckner is in his prime probably these 3 years. So when is win now mode? When he is 28? I think Ballard over valued his team and is back pedaling a little

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So.....Buckner is in his prime probably these 3 years. So when is win now mode? When he is 28? I think Ballard over valued his team and is back pedaling a little

I think you are trying to twist things to support the same old tired narrative you try to push.

40 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who are you arguing with?   Of course Ballard wants to win now.   That’s why Ballard and Irsay say they want a VETERAN QB NOW!   

The only thing Ballard has said is that our window of opportunity is NOT closing.  He says the opposite is true.  That it either hasn’t opened yet, it has just started to open a little.   

So what’s the problem here? 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who are you arguing with?   Of course Ballard wants to win now.   That’s why Ballard and Irsay say they want a VETERAN QB NOW!   

The only thing Ballard has said is that our window if opportunity is closing.  He says the opposite is true.  That it either hasn’t opened yet, it has just started to open a little.   

So what’s the problem here? 

On this forum, there are always more problems lol

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They may have to go up and get someone but every team that lands a QB in the off-season is one less team that will draft a QB increasing the Colts odds to get one.  

It won’t be popular but the break glass in case of emergency option would probably be to re-sign Jacoby.

that would be a good thing

They may have to go up and get someone but every team that lands a QB in the off-season is one less team that will draft a QB increasing the Colts odds to get one.  

It won’t be popular but the break glass in case of emergency option would probably be to re-sign Jacoby.

Yup...    I think you’ve nailed it.  

Ballard and Reich will try to acquire a Veteran.  But if all attempts fail, the simplest most straight forward solution may be to re-sign Jacoby and see what happens for a year. 

The 2021 Colts should be much better than the 2019 Colts.   And JB should be better as well.          :thmup:

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard and Reich will try to acquire a Veteran.  But if all attempts fail, the simplest most straight forward solution may be to re-sign Jacoby and see what happens for a year. 

The 2021 Colts should be much better than the 2019 Colts.   And JB should be better as well.          :thmup:

Plus Jacoby was just never the same after he got hurt.  Now was that because of the injury or because teams got enough tape on him to figure out how to play him?  That we don’t know.  What we do know is he knows the system and has experience.  Clearly he’s not the first option but I think he’s a better option than sending Eason out there who has zero NFL game action at this point.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Plus Jacoby was just never the same after he got hurt.  Now was that because of the injury or because teams got enough tape on him to figure out how to play him?  That we don’t know.  What we do know is he knows the system and has experience.  Clearly he’s not the first option but I think he’s a better option than sending Eason out there who has zero NFL game action at this point.  

Yup.   I’m not a betting man, but if I was I’d bet that JB would have a better season in ‘21 than he did in ‘19.  

It’s always amazed me at the number of people who either downplay JB’s injury or have completely forgotten.   He may not have been great,  but he totally fell off after the injury.   Almost night and day.   He should be decent.  He should be improved.

Do I want someone better?   Of course I do, who doesn’t?   I’m just saying if we can’t make that happen, then I can live with JB for a season.   (At a MUCH MORE team friendly number).  

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup.   I’m not a betting man, but if I was I’d bet that JB would have a better season in ‘21 than he did in ‘19.  

It’s always amazed me at the number of people who either downplay JB’s injury or have completely forgotten.   He may not have been great,  but he totally fell off after the injury.   Almost night and day.   He should be decent.  He should be improved.

Do I want someone better?   Of course I do, who doesn’t?   I’m just saying if we can’t make that happen, then I can live with JB for a season.   (At a MUCH MORE team friendly number).  

Yeah I still expect them to bring someone else in.  However I just like Jacoby the person and I will pull for him as a result of that.  Still if they are going to go with a boarder line backup I expect them to go with Jacoby than bring someone like Fitz in.  I could even see a scenario where they draft a QB and sign Jacoby to be the bridge guy.  

Still I’d rather have someone else because I don’t think the Colts are winning a Super Bowl with Jacoby but I think he’s a pretty good alternative if the price for the franchise QBs is just too high.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I still expect them to bring someone else in.  However I just like Jacoby the person and I will pull for him as a result of that.  Still if they are going to go with a boarder line backup I expect them to go with Jacoby than bring someone like Fitz in.  I could even see a scenario where they draft a QB and sign Jacoby to be the bridge guy.  

Still I’d rather have someone else because I don’t think the Colts are winning a Super Bowl with Jacoby but I think he’s a pretty good alternative if the price for the franchise QBs is just too high.

You're reading my mind like the cheap novel that it is!    We should probably not agree too often as it would likely hurt your excellent reputation!    :thmup:

Bringing back JB would be a good alternative to not addressing QB I guess. But it’s a very depressing thought. 

13 hours ago, Superman said:

Yeah, at this point the Eagles are doing what they should do. It's only been a couple weeks, they apparently have a couple teams interested, maybe more, it's fine that they wait it out for now. But at some point in the next week or two I think they have to pull the trigger, or risk having their plan blow up in their faces.

And I don't think they'll get a first from anyone unless they're giving up something significant, in addition to Wentz.

If they want to maximize on Wentz, they definitely need to do it soon, I agree.

The price "seems" to be set, (2) 2nds plus.(reports)

at any moment, 1 of these other could jump ship for a different QB option.

Doubt it drops much, but the longer they wait it increases the chances of that happening.

Does Ertz(insert Any player), improve that offer, from (2) 2nds +, to a 1st +? Ertz doesn't move the needle much for me. I think Doyle would most likely be going back in trade to equal out Ertz cap hit a little.

I think potentially, but I think I would want at least a mid to late draft pick back.?

Maybe:

2023 4th

Doyle

For

Wentz

Ertz

2021 3rd

?

I've been looking at a little different than before, with potential of Ertz, and potentially Wentz(throw in Burton too)

It almost feels like if Reich could have had a grand scheme(dream scenario) coming here, that this move would have to be mission complete(come true).? Have the QB and the TEe's you had on the way to SB title and give it a run again.

Also have Hines in the Darren Sproles mode

Makes me wonder if Agholor is in play too? I know I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree re: Jacoby.  But I wouldn’t be taking him (or his availability) for granted....as if we should just expect him to wait around as our last resort while we pursue other avenues.  Like Boof in Teen Wolf.

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Gronk was retired.  Played for 9 million on the last year of his contract.   He wanted to play with Brady and only Brady.     Far from a marquee player looking for a big contract. 

Brown was the league pariah that no one wanted.   He signed a 1 year deal with the bucs for 1.5ish.  Far from a marquee player

Fournettes option was declined by the JAGS.   Signed a 1 year contract for 2.5 million.   Far from a marquee player 

Far from the super teams built in the NBA 

Anyone and everyone 

Thanks for making my point

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Personally I think Ryan is better than Jacoby, and its enough to make a difference.  He does make more mistakes, but he makes more plays too.  

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Personally I think Ryan is better than Jacoby, and its enough to make a difference.  He does make more mistakes, but he makes more plays too.  

If Wentz deal doesn't happen, Ryan would be my next call if it were me. Obviously it isn't but, I think Ryan might be my number #1 option as of now, definitely a better option tham JB, outside of having to give up compensation for him and JB just being FA.

Ready for this Wentz deal to happen, either way. If we still need to.find QB after this deal, I would rather move on soon.

10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I think you just love complaining 

great job yes GIF by PBS KIDS

1 hour ago, w87r said:

If they want to maximize on Wentz, they definitely need to do it soon, I agree.

The price "seems" to be set, (2) 2nds plus.(reports)

at any moment, 1 of these other could jump ship for a different QB option.

Doubt it drops much, but the longer they wait it increases the chances of that happening.

Does Ertz(insert Any player), improve that offer, from (2) 2nds +, to a 1st +? Ertz doesn't move the needle much for me. I think Doyle would most likely be going back in trade to equal out Ertz cap hit a little.

I think potentially, but I think I would want at least a mid to late draft pick back.?

Maybe:

2023 4th

Doyle

For

Wentz

Ertz

2021 3rd

?

I've been looking at a little different than before, with potential of Ertz, and potentially Wentz(throw in Burton too)

It almost feels like if Reich could have had a grand scheme(dream scenario) coming here, that this move would have to be mission complete(come true).? Have the QB and the TEe's you had on the way to SB title and give it a run again.

Also have Hines in the Darren Sproles mode

Makes me wonder if Agholor is in play too? I know I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

Ew

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

great job yes GIF by PBS KIDS

Ew

Yeah, Im just putting it out there. 

Everyone knows where I stand on it.

I do think the thought of Reich's grand master plan, is intriguing though.

If he could have had a best case scenario(his) when he came over from Philly. I would think bringing his young MVP caliber QB(at the time) and Pro Bowl TE(at the time), to the Colts with him. That probably would of been it(his best case scenario).

It seems to be certainly a possibility at the moment. Like I said also, Burton is here(maybe; FA), Hines(Sproles role) and even could see Nelson Agholor possibility sign?

A story I will look forward to watch play out, if it happens.

*still not preferred option, but as I've stated will root for the best if it does.

Archived