Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would laugh if the Foshinator is right on this haha 

I just don't understand Allbright's reasoning fot responding. Makes no sense, he literally is the only one that has anything to lose. Yet he jist continually seems to be taking shots at Fosh, So much so that Fosh changed his handle to troll him.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, w87r said:

I just don't understand Allbright's reasoning fot responding. Makes no sense, he literally is the only one that has anything to lose. Yet he jist continually seems to be taking shots at Fosh, So much so that Fosh changed his handle to troll him.

I seen that lol. Not sure if the Denver stuff is 100% true but I could see Denver being interested, they need a QB unless they think Lock is absolutely the man.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, Rally5 said:

That's not how it went down though.  Taylor was the starter and the plan was for Herbert to sit a year and learn until Taylor got his lung punctured by some witch doctor.  Then everyting changed...

1. Coach sets pre-season expectations that the vet will be the starter.

2. Rook plays well in camp, very good at the end of camp, has no preseason.

3. Vet plays bad in regular season

3. Vet get hurts

4. Rook plays better than vet...

That's how it went down.

You have to fully "believe" that the HC "fully" bought into Taylor's ability to lead the team. I don't fully buy it. It's simply coach speak which we all expected him to say given the situation. You never say "well, we're going to start Taylor, but he's got a limited ceiling, and we'll take it game by game, or revisit at a certain time".... even if it's true.

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

1. Coach sets pre-season expectations that the vet will be the starter.

2. Rook plays well in camp, very good at the end of camp, has no preseason.

3. Vet plays bad in regular season

3. Vet get hurts

4. Rook plays better than vet...

That's how it went down.

You have to fully "believe" that the HC "fully" bought into Taylor's ability to lead the team. I don't fully buy it. It's simply coach speak which we all expected him to say given the situation. You never say "well, we're going to start Taylor, but he's got a limited ceiling, and we'll take it game by game, or revisit at a certain time".... even if it's true.

East Street, thank you for creating this thread. It has been successful in generating a lot of discussion. 

It is getting heavy with a lot of Twitter posts. 

I created a new thread and I moved your last comment over.

Everyone, let's move the conversation there.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

East Street, thank you for creating this thread. It has been successful in generating a lot of discussion. 

It is getting heavy with a lot of Twitter posts. 

I created a new thread and I moved your last comment over.

Everyone, let's move the conversation there.

Cool. FYI, If this week slows down for me, I had planned on doing a part2 anyway with a new part-2 poll (especially if Wentz goes somewhere else and is off the board). Could you merge when I do that, or would that mess up the new poll?

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Cool. FYI, If this week slows down for me, I had planned on doing a part2 anyway with a new part-2 poll (especially if Wentz goes somewhere else and is off the board). Could you merge when I do that, or would that mess up the new poll?

Yes. Or I will lock the new one. Part 2 looks like it was created by you because I moved your last comment over there. :)

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Yes. Or I will lock the new one. Part 2 looks like it was created by you because I moved your last comment over there. :)

Awesome. Maybe I'll just create a bit later today if I have a longer window to focus. At least that would minimize the stuff lost.

• NFLfan locked this topic

Could this be true? 

"No. 2: Russell Wilson

The Seahawks are unhappy with Russell Wilson and Russell Wilson is unhappy with the Seahawks. Seattle has apparently gotten some calls from other teams, but for now they are adamant that Wilson is not available. Even at 32 years old, he'll continue to get a ton of interest."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/gallery/panthers-quarterback-options-trade-rankings/

If Russell is available, he would be #1 for me. What do you think @w87r, @stitches, @EastStreet

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Could this be true? 

The Seahawks are unhappy with Russell Wilson and Russell Wilson is unhappy with the Seahawks. Seattle has apparently gotten some calls from other teams, but for now they are adamant that Wilson is not available. Even at 32 years old, he'll continue to get a ton of interest."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/gallery/panthers-quarterback-options-trade-rankings/

If Russell is available, he would be #1 for me. What do you think @w87r, @stitches, @EastStreet

I'm a bit leery... I don't know what to do with this info. I feel like this is a trap. Like ... if Seahawks are willing to even entertain trading him, they must know something we don't. Wilson BTW didn't look like himself for the second half of the season. I wonder if getting old will hit him more than most QBs simply because he's reliant so much on his quickness and improvisational ability.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm a bit leery... I don't know what to do with this info. I feel like this is a trap. Like ... if Seahawks are willing to even entertain trading him, they must know something we don't. Wilson BTW didn't look like himself for the second half of the season. I wonder if getting old will hit him more than most QBs simply because he's reliant so much on his quickness and improvisational ability.

I feel the same way

• NFLfan pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Could this be true? 

Nothing at all would surprise me this year lol. 

I do think the situation in Seattle is trending down, but I just can't see a realistic scenario of them parting ways with him. 

Personally, I like him, but I wouldn't want to break the bank on him either. I'm just really torn on the whole topic right now. I'm going to add a Q in the new poll on what strategy most are in favor of (in general, drafting early, trading up, FA project, trade project, etc), if I can figure out some clean categories.

FYI - my day opened up so just started working on the new one.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nothing at all would surprise me this year lol. 

I do think the situation in Seattle is trending down, but I just can't see a realistic scenario of them parting ways with him. 

Personally, I like him, but I wouldn't want to break the bank on him either. I'm just really torn on the whole topic right now. I'm going to add a Q in the new poll on what strategy most are in favor of (in general, drafting early, trading up, FA project, trade project, etc), if I can figure out some clean categories.

FYI - my day opened up so just started working on the new one.

Great info

List of QB's that are rumored to be available in a trade of Free agency, I will give my opinions on whether or not it is a yes or no for me: Whether we can get any these guys is irrelevant like the Watson's or Carr's for example. This is just a list what is out there:

1. Wentz - no for me

2. Darnold - no for me

3. Trubisky - no for me

4. Foles -no for me

5. Dalton - no for me

6. Minshew - no for me

7. Mariota - no for me

8. Fitzpatrick - maybe for me = bridge for Eason 

9. Start Eason and say screw it - maybe for me

10. Carr - yes for me

11. Watson - yes for me

12. Ryan - yes for me

13. If Mac Jones is available at #21 - maybe for me

14. Trade our #1 and #3 pick this year to move up several spots to select someone in this years draft like maybe a Wilson or Lance - yes for me. Lawrence and Fields will go in the top 5 IMO but Wilson and Lance won't IMO.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

List of QB's that are rumored to be available in a trade of Free agency, I will give my opinions on whether or not it is a yes or no for me: Whether we can get any these guys is irrelevant like the Watson's or Carr's for example. This is just a list what is out there:

1. Wentz - no for me

2. Darnold - no for me

3. Trubisky - no for me

4. Foles -no for me

5. Dalton - no for me

6. Minshew - no for me

7. Mariota - no for me

8. Fitzpatrick - maybe for me = bridge for Eason 

9. Start Eason and say screw it - maybe for me

10. Carr - yes for me

11. Watson - yes for me

12. Ryan - yes for me

13. If Mac Jones is available at #21 - maybe for me

14. Trade our #1 and #3 pick this year to move up several spots to select someone in this years draft like maybe a Wilson or Lance - yes for me. Lawrence and Fields will go in the top 5 IMO but Wilson and Lance won't IMO.

Most of the recent mocks have Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson going in the top 4 and the other 2 going before 14 so IMO  they are not attainable 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody knows that, that is thing. The Jets may stick with Darnold and the Falcons may stick with Ryan, it is all a guess.

Falcons can still draft and keep Ryan. That actually would be the smart thing to do.  

The one to watch is the jets. If they do keep Darnold then that is someone that could be looking to trade down. But then you have the panthers or SF who have better trade spots.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Falcons can still draft and keep Ryan. That actually would be the smart thing to do.  

The one to watch is the jets. If they do keep Darnold then that is someone that could be looking to trade down. But then you have the panthers or SF who have better trade spots.

The Bears could also be a player if they don’t get Wentz

Archived