Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

35 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lets revisit this tweet from nearly a week prior to Jaws statement.

Everyone wants to believe Jaws right? Well maybe this was the offer he was referring to? Players out future 3rd/4th in place?

So which is it? Jaws probably knows the goods, or Fosh is blowing smoke.

:facepalm: can't beleive Im in here defending Fosh.....:lol:

Well you did dig up a couple of interesting basketball predictions Fosh made that materialized for the most part and he did predict the Colts offer of two 2nd's before Jaws confirmed it.  So is he blowing smoke?  If so he is getting pretty good at it. Like everything else in social media it pays to be skeptical until the truth materializes.  I find his takes interesting just like the Colts podcast guys.  Both of their reporting is based on what they learn from whoever their sources are.  Based on some of the history you have shown us it's pretty hard to dismiss everything Fosh reports entirely.  That's the way I see it anyway.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't drink.

As far as the rest of the gibberish you posted, you can keep all that. I am far from the only person that feels this way about Wentz. If we bring him in, I will support him, but as your gibberish has stated, I clearly do not want that. Some do, some don't, been part of the 115+ pages of the thread. Nothing over the top about it. Just opinions.

Most things I have said in this thread are in jest. Enjoying the busy offseason time, that is usually slow going.

You posted this:

Keep going.

Next up you’ll deny we have even spoken to Philly.

Then, you’ll deny Philly has a quarterback named Carson Wentz. 

Then, you’ll deny we have a  named Chris Ballard or a head coach named Frank Reich. 

Then, you’ll deny there’s a team called the Indianapolis Colts or a website named Colts.com. 

I guess this exchange isn’t even happening?!?

To a poster that was simply questioning if the offer reported we made, was actually what it is.

Way over the top, by any standards. We can chalk your response that I'm quoting now as that as well. Not to mention a day late, you have had plenty of post since mine. Why are you just now responding. Where is my response in the other thread where "you wanted to see how I responded"? 

burning bridges GIF

I’m just now responding because I just now read your post. 

Of course my post was over the top.  I was trying to point out how ridiculous you’ve become on the issue.  

I don’t drink either, but that doesn’t mean the joke isn’t applicable.   Stating you don’t like Carson Wentz is now wall paper on this website.   It’s graffiti.   It’s everywhere.   Like I said, the worst kept secret.  

Once you started arguing that you believe the Wentz is a cancer you list me.  Once you started arguing that you’re not convinced we’ve even made an offer, you lost me.  None of those arguments have much credibility. 

This is the kind of conduct that moderators used to say...   “you’ve made your point.” 

Isn’t there any other topic that interests you? It’s hard to tell. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m just now responding because I just now read your post. 

Of course my post was over the top.  I was trying to point out how ridiculous you’ve become on the issue.  

I don’t drink either, but that doesn’t mean the joke isn’t applicable.   Stating you don’t like Carson Wentz is now wall paper on this website.   It’s graffiti.   It’s everywhere.   Like I said, the worst kept secret.  

This is the kind of conduct that moderators used to say...   “you’ve made your point.” 

Isn’t there any other topic that interests you? It’s hard to tell. 

I think everyone has "made their point" on Wentz and probably just about every QB option at this point.

Until the situation is resolved, I imagine you're(everyone) going to keep hearing it(not just my perspective).

What other topics would you like to discuss?

Start a thread I will visit it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That looks like where we are.  Two second rd picks pick your team.  

Yep.  We know he would want to come to the colts. To me if that offer from Denver was talked about I don’t know how that really upgrades the team. I will say if it’s true I would take a flier and try and get Lock to compete with Eason.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I want whatever QB Frank wants.    Whoever that may be

He helped supposedly "statue in the pocket...zero mobility....noodle armed" Rivers to the second highest completion percentage in Colts history. Ya......I trust him and Ballard. If they say X will work well for the team, I'm down. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Because it helps them facilitate the trade for Wentz who they really want and it won't cost them a 1st.  

I hope that there's "no such thing as a dumb question", so here goes a trilogy;:

1. Why would the Broncos "really want" Wentz if the Eagles don't want him?

2. Why would the Colts "really want" Wentz if the Eagles don't want him?

3. Shouldn't the Broncos and Colts be trying to trade for Jalen Hurts?

(or do you think Hurts is not the guy to take us all the way to the Lombardi tossing after game party at Disney World?)

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Just going to drop this here for the continued fraud talk.

Fosh beat Woj to the punch. Final deal slightly different but that isn't a big deal. Kuzma/Ingram 1 additional pick

This is basketball, but Fosh seems to know someone somewhere that is feeding him some Intel.

Most these other "reputable" guys get things wrong often too. 

Nah.

There were rumors and discussions about the Lakers trading for AD for a year before it happened, and they were all pretty much the same. In the weeks before the deal was done, a lot of people said it was basically done, just pending final details. Seriously, that package was discussed for months before anything happened, including on local LA radio, and the final deal was close, but still different. The main sticking point was whether the Lakers would trade Kuzma, and whether they'd give up a third first rounder. Being wrong on the main sticking points doesn't earn you credit. 

There were rumors about Chris Paul to Phoenix for a solid week before it happened. He offered no details, just said what everybody else was already saying.

Maybe this dude has "sources," but having sources is not the only prerequisite to responsible reporting. A responsible person would acknowledge the wrong predictions, instead of deleting them. A responsible reporter doesn't share info without proper confirmation, which is why Woj and Schefter and others who do this for a living don't generally have to delete their posts. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. A broken clock is right twice a day. Etc. That's his MO. Shoot shots, eventually hit one, then delete the record of all the misses. That's not credible.

Let's see if he winds up being right about something in the Wentz saga. But that won't erase all the other predictions he's made. He'll have to erase those himself.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nah.

There were rumors and discussions about the Lakers trading for AD for a year before it happened, and they were all pretty much the same. In the weeks before the deal was done, a lot of people said it was basically done, just pending final details. Seriously, that package was discussed for months before anything happened, including on local LA radio, and the final deal was close, but still different. The main sticking point was whether the Lakers would trade Kuzma, and whether they'd give up a third first rounder. Being wrong on the main sticking points doesn't earn you credit. 

There were rumors about Chris Paul to Phoenix for a solid week before it happened. He offered no details, just said what everybody else was already saying.

Maybe this dude has "sources," but having sources is not the only prerequisite to responsible reporting. A responsible person would acknowledge the wrong predictions, instead of deleting them. A responsible reporter doesn't share info without proper confirmation, which is why Woj and Schefter and others who do this for a living don't generally have to delete their posts. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. A broken clock is right twice a day. Etc. That's his MO. Shoot shots, eventually hit one, then delete the record of all the misses. That's not credible.

Let's see if he winds up being right about something in the Wentz saga. But that won't erase all the other predictions he's made. He'll have to erase those himself.

Cool, valid arguments.

What about the Colts (2) 2nd rounders + rumor like 5 days before Jaws talked about them?

As I've stated, I don't take anything any of these guys say without a grain of salt.

Just fodder to chew on while discussing options.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Cool

What about the Colts (2) 2nd rounders + rumor like 5 days before Jaws talked about them?

As I've stated, I don't take anything any of these guys say without a grain of salt.

Just fodder to chew on while discussing options.

Again, maybe he has sources. He's still not credible.

And let's be real and acknowledge that his rumor is different from what Jaws said. They both said two second round picks, but Fosh throwing in two young players on rookie contracts and a veteran starter really changes the value of that offer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

And let's be real and acknowledge that his rumor is different from what Jaws said. They both said two second round picks, but Fosh throwing in two young players on rookie contracts and a veteran starter really changes the value of that offer.

It took 5 minutes to do what I do to realize that he is not “trustworthy”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think any of them are very credible, really.

Back to Jaws, his words were "(2) 2nds and a 3rd/or 4th or something like that"

"Something like that" takes the rest of it out of play could mean anything.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't think any of them are very credible, really.

Back to Jaws, his words were "(2) 2nds and a 3rd/or 4th or something like that"

"Something like that" takes the rest of it out of play could mean anything.

Feels like you're playing both sides here. 

'Maybe Fosh is credible, he's saying the same thing Jaws said.'

'I don't think Jaws is actually credible.'

I mean, yeah, maybe nobody knows anything and they're all full of it. But at least we know Jaws, and he's plugged into the Eagles front office, and he doesn't have a history of misrepresenting himself on social media. He could still be mistaken, or lying, or maybe the facts changed after he received some inside info. But Fosh is just some guy on Twitter with a sketchy track record. 

I think it's fair to acknowledge that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I mean, yeah, maybe nobody knows anything and they're all full of it. But at least we know Jaws, and he's plugged into the Eagles front office, and he doesn't have a history of misrepresenting himself on social media. He could still be mistaken, or lying, or maybe the facts changed after he received some inside info. But Fosh is just some guy on Twitter with a sketchy track record. 

The WPVI reporter Jaws talked to is also echoing the info Jaws gave

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Perhaps that is the way to go but the Colts won't be contenders for the next three years if that is what they do.

I don't see a rookie winning the SB but it shouldn't take 3 years. Heck, i think with the current staff and roster as it is, a rookie could come in and get the Colts back to the wildcard.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think so, Im pretty on the record for saying I don't think any of these rumors are credible and just enjoying the conversation it has brought. When a deal is announced, that is when it's credible.

My point is everyone is hopping on Fosh as not credible(which I agree), but they are saying Jaws is more credible(which I still agree), yet Jaws said pretty close to the same thing Fosh said, 5 days earlier. Something has to give.

Maybe you're playing both sides here?

You can acknowledge that how ever you wish though. 

For the record, any rumor on twitter isn't very credible to me. Which I've said numerous times. 

If you care to we can continue this conversation in message or here for whole forum to see. I will let you decide.

EDIT: and I never said Jaws wasn't credible, so I don't even know where that came from.

I simply stated that his words of "or something like that" is open to interpretation on compensation. Not that I didn't believe what he said.

Not sure what to believe here but two first round picks for Wentz is desperation.  I have a hard time believing that Ballard is willing to do that.  In fact I don't believe it actually.  Edit: seems like I have a reading problem but two second round picks is still very steep for Wentz.

There is a point I think where, if the market drives you to it, that you are forced to realize the draft is the only place where you can get the value for what you're looking for.  If the Colts are considering two first round picks for Wentz (and if the other options like Darnold are priced to stupidity levels as well) that means they have arrived at that point.

Use those picks on your roster instead.  That would be my preference if the cost is where the rumors suggest and that's for any of these "dice roll" QBs.  IF you fund a move of a failed QB 3 or 4 years later all you're doing is paying that other team to take another shot at the position while you are stuck with their castoffs.  You aren't gonna win a thing doing that in this league.  Going and getting one of those guys has to be the right price.

16 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I don't see a rookie winning the SB but it shouldn't take 3 years. Heck, i think with the current staff and roster as it is, a rookie could come in and get the Colts back to the wildcard.

I think the Colts are going to take a step back next year with almost any QB they get. I think they are 8-8 give or take a win or loss. 

I’m telling you, this one is the big one. The longer we go without a deal the closer it will be to the draft before anything gets done. Once front offices turn their attention to free agency and especially scouting everything else is going to be paused. Getting players properly scouted in time for the draft this year is going to be a real undertaking, and everyone is going to be putting full attention on that. Trade talks will only start up again in about the week or so leading up to the draft.  

I really do think this whole situation drags out this long, and this thing isn’t even half grown yet. 

It’s probably going to change focus entirely from Wentz to free agency in a couple weeks. And then potential draft choices and trades for a rookie... 

This is the big one. haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

I’m telling you, this one is the big one. The longer we go without a deal the closer it will be to the draft before anything gets done. Once front offices turn their attention to free agency and especially scouting everything else is going to be paused. Getting players properly scouted in time for the draft this year is going to be a real undertaking, and everyone is going to be putting full attention on that. Trade talks will only start up again in about the week or so leading up to the draft.  

I really do think this whole situation drags out this long, and this thing isn’t even half grown yet. 

It’s probably going to change focus entirely from Wentz to free agency in a couple weeks. And then potential draft choices and trades for a rookie... 

King Louis Xiv Stare GIF by Ovation TV

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

No free agent will want to come here without knowing the QB situation. Unless Ballard overpays. Which he won't.

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind. Let’s say Vin is right snd those players were discussed for Denver. What he doesn’t say is what Denver’s response was. They might of laughed at the eagles. Same when he mentioned Okereke being available for trade. Just because these players were discussed doesn’t mean they were agreed upon.

1 hour ago, waterdog said:

I hope that there's "no such thing as a dumb question", so here goes a trilogy;:

1. Why would the Broncos "really want" Wentz if the Eagles don't want him?

2. Why would the Colts "really want" Wentz if the Eagles don't want him?

3. Shouldn't the Broncos and Colts be trying to trade for Jalen Hurts?

(or do you think Hurts is not the guy to take us all the way to the Lombardi tossing after game party at Disney World?)

To me the Eagles situation is a real mess made from their own doing.  They are trying to resolve it best they can.  Trading Wentz is one of their options.  Keeping him is still an option.  The Colts want him because Reich wants him because he thinks he can fix his problems and return him to MVP form again.  Frank thinks he is the answer at QB for the Colts.  Chicago and Denver appear to think Wentz could be the answer for them as well.  These teams and their coaches want to win now.  They are not rebuilding. They all feel their rosters are ready to win now with the right veteran QB.  Hurts is a basically a rookie with a lot to learn.  No way I see him as a primary target for these teams.  The Eagles might even draft another QB at 6 who knows?  Different teams different circumstances.  Who knows how it is going to play out.  Time will tell.  

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan pinned this topic
  • Shive unpinned this topic