Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 17 Jaguars @Colts, Jan. 3, 2021, 4:25 EST

NFLfan
Message added by Nadine,

Please be mindful of your fellow posters.  Don't use the game day thread to vent or call out fellow posters as either homers or haters.  It's obnoxious and ruins the thread. Plenty of time for new threads after the game for expressing your point of view.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by American Family Insurance

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I am changing my mind. Rivers probably should not come back. We are missing AC.

The biggest problem with Rivers is that we get zero and I mean zero on broken plays. 

When you put him behind backups at key o-line positions, its a disaster

• Like 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes, but the goal is the Superbowl and u will never win with him. Time for Ballard to put on his big boy pants and either draft the future or make a play on the off season. I would even go with Eason next year if that is our only option

I agree, when I say right now I mean the rest of this season, not the future. I want Stafford next year, personally

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Too young. Nowadays, 71 is like being 51. Way too young.
    • I think he just needs to stay healthy. If he can do that and not regress fans will love him. 
    • He's a top 10 RT in the league when healthy, so why would you want him to move back to guard?
    • Untouchables have to be Haliburton, Turner, Siakam, Nembhard, and McConnell. Nesmith and Toppin, even maybe Mathurin in a deal with those guys could bring another all-star here. All 3 are young and good.
    • There's a lot of questions on what this team will look like next year. A lot of people are returning, but some could be used in trades if we go after, say, Paul George)   Returning Depth Chart:(under contract) PG: Haliburton, McConnell  SG: Nembhard, Mathurin, Sheppard  SF: Nesmith, Brown PF: Walker C: Turner, Jackson     Free Agents: Pascal Siakam(most likely to stay, but cost a lot $40m+) ** Doug McDermott(would like back at 2yr $10m range) James Johnson(vet min) Jalen Smith (player) - might elect to see if he can get more than $5.4m on open market  Obi Toppin (restricted)- could be expensive to retain/ potential S+T possibilities  Oscar Tshiebwe (restricted)(vet min) Quenton Jackson (restricted)(vet min) Isaiah Wong (restricted)(vet min)         So here is where the problem lays. Indy is small market, I think there is almost no chance we will go into the tax. So here is how that is looking.   1st Apron Tax Cap Space:(including $5.4m PO for Smith) $64m   **Siakam - Siakam should start around $42.6 million and could be 5yrs, $247.1m or 4yrs, $190.8 million.(This was based off of $142m, think they are looking at $141m now so could lower a bit. Not much.   So Pascal will probably most likely cost around $42.6m next season     That brings our 1st Apron Space to: $21.4m   Toppin (RFA tender $8-$10m)(more than likely will receive an offer bigger than that) Tshiebwe, Wong + Jackson - $5.6m   Down to $5.8-$7.8m in 1st Apron Space: (2 open roster spots)   McDermott? - $5m? Johnson? - $2m?     Going to be interesting, and is fast approaching.     Trade Pieces: Siakam (S+T, if can't agree on contract?) Toppin(S+T) Smith (if he picks up PO) Nesmith We also have (3) 2nd round picks and future 1st.
  • Members

• Smonroe

Smonroe 6,284

• IndyEV

IndyEV 97

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,501

Moderators
    • BProland85

BProland85 2,821

• Pelt

Pelt 1,224