Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 17 Jaguars @Colts, Jan. 3, 2021, 4:25 EST

NFLfan
Message added by Nadine,

Please be mindful of your fellow posters.  Don't use the game day thread to vent or call out fellow posters as either homers or haters.  It's obnoxious and ruins the thread. Plenty of time for new threads after the game for expressing your point of view.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by American Family Insurance

Happy New Year, everyone! :fireworks:

We have reached the end of the regular season but not the end of football for your Indianapolis Colts. The 10-5 Colts will make the postseason if they win and get one of the other playoff contenders to lose. The Colts also have a chance to win the division if the Titans lose. 

The Colts will play the Jaguars who come to Indy with a 1-14 record and have clinched the #1 spot in this year's draft. The Jags have nothing to play for except pride. Their only win was against the Colts in Jacksonville. However, they face a more determined Colts team this time who intend to make playoffs and go far. 

Who won't be playing for the Colts:

Rock Ya Sin

Khari Willis

Will Holden

Anthony Castonzo (IR)

Who is out for the Jags:

(WR) DJ Chark

(RB) James Robinson 

(WR) Collin Johnson

Good luck and enjoy the game! :colts:

Lets Go Football GIF by American Family Insurance

How to Watch and Listen to Colts Games

Game Preview from Indy Star

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thanks again for opening the thread, NFLfan.  Happy New Year, everyone!  Hoping we start the new year off with an entry into the playoffs.  We should win without too much difficulty today, but the Jags always play us tough.  27 - 10 Colts.

Never understood flexing us to the late games when the TV coverage looks exactly the same as it would had we been in the 1PM slot?  It's not like any more people are going to be able to see the game so no need for the added drama.  Oh well.  Whatever...

GO Colts!  All day.  Every day.  :coltshelmet:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Thanks again for opening the thread, NFLfan.  Happy New Year, everyone!  Hoping we start the new year off with an entry into the playoffs.  We should win without too much difficulty today, but the Jags always play us tough.  27 - 10 Colts.

Never understood flexing us to the late games when the TV coverage looks exactly the same as it would had we been in the 1PM slot?  It's not like any more people are going to be able to see the game so no need for the added drama.  Oh well.  Whatever...

GO Colts!  All day.  Every day.  :coltshelmet:

You're welcome. How does a Jersey guy become a Colts fan before the 1969 Super Bowl against a NY/NJ team?  haha   (Were the Jets playing in NJ at the time?)

I was a student in college when I chose the Vikings. My own hometown team (the Giants) had just won the Super Bowl in 1990. There were fans of the Bills, Jets, and Giants all over but I chose an out-of-town team.  :)

52 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're welcome. How does a Jersey guy become a Colts fan before the 1969 Super Bowl against a NY/NJ team?  haha   (Were the Jets playing in NJ at the time?)

I was a student in college when I chose the Vikings. My own hometown team (the Giants) had just won the Super Bowl in 1990. There were fans of the Bills, Jets, and Giants all over but I chose an out-of-town team.  :)

Haha...it was actually somewhat similar for me in that everyone else (my brother, best friend, etc) all had favorite teams and I didn't.  It was just before the '69 Super Bowl and the Colts were heavily favored to win (and I wanted a winner), so I chose the Colts as my favorite team.  We all know how that worked out, lol.  Pure embarassment for 9 year old me, haha.

No, the Jets were still at Shea at the time.  To this day I still loathe Joe Willie...still have no idea how he made it to the HOF.  I still think it was solely because of the win over the Colts to make the AFL legit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Haha...it was actually somewhat similar for me in that everyone else (my brother, best friend, etc) all had favorite teams and I didn't.  It was just before the '69 Super Bowl and the Colts were heavily favored to win (and I wanted a winner), so I chose the Colts as my favorite team.  We all know how that worked out, lol.  Pure embarassment for 9 year old me, haha.

No, the Jets were still at Shea at the time.  To this day I still loathe Joe Willie...still have no idea how he made it to the HOF.  I still think it was solely because of the win over the Colts to make the AFL legit.

Good stuff. I love to hear about how people became fans of certain teams. I was not born yet when Super Bowl 3 took place. But for years I heard about it on WFAN sports radio in NY.

Good for you that you did not change allegiances. :thmup:

• Like 1

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

Pitt can come back from being down 17.  At least I think I remember them doing that once.  Lol

I don't see it happening without Ben.   But it is only the 2nd quarter.  

Bummer to see all the teams we need to lose, winning.

• Like 1