Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

CheezyColt

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It doesn't but we have a 2 game lead because of the tiebreaker. At that point we would have a 75% chance of winning the South = no guarantee but great odds.

I understand that many will call it a "2 game lead " if we win but I don't view it that way. It's a 1 game lead with the tie breaker. If we win Sunday and Tenn makes up 2 games in the following 5 games , they win the division.  

58 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The holds against GB kind of make sense now with all the injuries to the oline. Also makes sense why we elevated a center before the GB game although Kelly wasn’t on the injury report. If Nelson and Kelly had some nagging injuries it all makes sense now.

Yeah, our WR’s got a little hold-y too. Pascal tackled a dude and Pittman also got one at one point? Or at least he has in games past.

Part of me wonders if the next crew will make it a point to focus on our OL/holding. Hopefully it goes both ways though.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Who cares about other teams

Colts just need to take care of themselves 

its hard to win 3 games in a row against playoff caliber teams .   its okay to have a  plan b .  colts are banged up and with a ravens loss colts are still in the playoffs even if they lose the division .  ill take a wildcard spot  over missing the playoffs any day .

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its hard to win 3 games in a row against playoff caliber teams .   its okay to have a  plan b .  colts are banged up and with a ravens loss colts are still in the playoffs even if they lose the division .  ill take a wildcard spot  over missing the playoffs any day .

Focus on the South first

You acting like Colts lost already 

46 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, our WR’s got a little hold-y too. Pascal tackled a dude and Pittman also got one at one point? Or at least he has in games past.

Part of me wonders if the next crew will make it a point to focus on our OL/holding. Hopefully it goes both ways though.

Pittman had an awful hold on “that drive”.  It’s clearly an area of his game he needs to get better at.  

21 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Dolphins and raiders would have the same record if we lose and they both win. Surely they would have the tie breaker if TN is our 4th afc loss. If we split with TN I imagine the tiebreaker would not be kind for us if that is needed for the division. This game is really huge. Bigger then anyone wants to think. Our wildcard chances are not great with a loss. We screwed our selves with the afc losses.

Dolphins and raiders only have 3 losses in the afc. They are playing the falcons and jets. We are out of a playoff spot if we lose and they both win I am pretty sure. That is how big this game is. We have the chance to control our own destiny with a win Sunday. No win and we are relying on others. I haven’t checked the ravens loses yet. 

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dolphins and raiders only have 3 losses in the afc. They are playing the falcons and jets. We are out of a playoff spot if we lose and they both win I am pretty sure. That is how big this game is. We have the chance to control our own destiny with a win Sunday. No win and we are relying on others. I haven’t checked the ravens loses yet. 

They both have 4 losses a piece. If we win it’s fine. If not, we are still in a good place. It’s not doomsday 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

They both have 4 losses a piece. If we win it’s fine. If not, we are still in a good place. It’s not doomsday 

Tiebreakers kill us. We lose tiebreakers.  This game and that Raiders game are going to be the biggest games of the year. Yes TN still has to play a couple tough games but we screwed ourselves with tiebreakers losing to teams like the jags. The remaining schedule of some of these teams is easy. I mean you should go look at some of their schedules.

12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

14 players may be out or the TN game?!:censored2:

I think most of those are just resting  minor injuries. They all finished the game. Most likely will practice tomorrow. Good news is Blackmon and Rock look alright. 

Looks like AJ Brown missed practice today with a knee. Adore Jackson still is not practicing.

If Buckner can't play, that is disappointing but if so, hopefully it for only 1 game.

He is a key reason our defense is highly ranked.  If is hybrid DT, tall, long and rangy and still stout enough stop the run and provides good inside pass rush.  A unsung play a couple game ago was a tackle he made on an sweep but got the RB by the sideline after a 9 yard gain.  Most DT's would have the range to make that kind of play and would got for a 15 yard or more gain instead.

If don't if he tested positive or exposed, but if he doesn't play, I think Stallworth would be the next man up and moved into the starting DT, next to Grover Stewart.  Rob Windsor may find himself on the active roster and get an opportunity for more plays.  I saw him play 2 plays against the Packers, made 1 tackle after about a 9 yard gain.  He may get `10 plus plays this game.  Just to do his job and play with high energy like he did at Penn St.  Hopefully he proves to be another rookie find.

On our OL holding. Pittman's hold was not worse than Q. Nelson or Glowinski,  was not an better either, was hard to argue about the hold on the replay.  My problem is they were not calling it both ways, seems like Turay or Muhammad was held on key pass plays.  

Nelson hold is bothersome, my wife who likes the Colts because I like the Colts, said the should bench his * after his 3rd hold.  I told her his he is the best OG in the NFL.  She said it doesn't look like it.  He has a few other games with a holding penalty, but only one for that particularly game.  I still think he is the best, probably keep the praises and accolades in perspective and stay focus like his rookie year to return to dominance without holding penalties. 

As Coach Reich has said, the most important game is the next game, don't about games down to road, focus and efforts and concentration on the Titans game this Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  We all have something to be thankful for 

2 minutes ago, Caffrey said:

If Buckner can't play, that is disappointing but if so, hopefully it for only 1 game.

He is a key reason our defense is highly ranked.  If is hybrid DT, tall, long and rangy and still stout enough stop the run and provides good inside pass rush.  A unsung play a couple game ago was a tackle he made on an sweep but got the RB by the sideline after a 9 yard gain.  Most DT's would have the range to make that kind of play and would got for a 15 yard or more gain instead.

If don't if he tested positive or exposed, but if he doesn't play, I think Stallworth would be the next man up and moved into the starting DT, next to Grover Stewart.  Rob Windsor may find himself on the active roster and get an opportunity for more plays.  I saw him play 2 plays against the Packers, made 1 tackle after about a 9 yard gain.  He may get `10 plus plays this game.  Just to do his job and play with high energy like he did at Penn St.  Hopefully he proves to be another rookie find.

On our OL holding. Pittman's hold was not worse than Q. Nelson or Glowinski,  was not an better either, was hard to argue about the hold on the replay.  My problem is they were not calling it both ways, seems like Turay or Muhammad was held on key pass plays.  

Nelson hold is bothersome, my wife who likes the Colts because I like the Colts, said the should bench his * after his 3rd hold.  I told her his he is the best OG in the NFL.  She said it doesn't look like it.  He has a few other games with a holding penalty, but only one for that particularly game.  I still think he is the best, probably keep the praises and accolades in perspective and stay focus like his rookie year to return to dominance without holding penalties. 

As Coach Reich has said, the most important game is the next game, don't about games down to road, focus and efforts and concentration on the Titans game this Sunday.

Colts just need to focus on their next opponent 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is great news. There is no practice today but if there was Blackman and Rock would be full practice. That hopefully is very good news. Let’s hopr some of the oline injuries are just minor.

Houston as well.  We know Rivers is playing and Nelson and Kelly should as well in this important game.  I would expect to be at near full strength unless Covid rears it's ugly head again. 

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tiebreakers kill us. We lose tiebreakers.  This game and that Raiders game are going to be the biggest games of the year. Yes TN still has to play a couple tough games but we screwed ourselves with tiebreakers losing to teams like the jags. The remaining schedule of some of these teams is easy. I mean you should go look at some of their schedules.

That loss to the Jags may come back to bite us big time

6 hours ago, Caffrey said:

I doubt Nelson makes 1st or 2nd team all pro. He would b lucky to make 4th team all pro if there was such a thing lol.

21 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I doubt Nelson makes 1st or 2nd team all pro. He would b lucky to make 4th team all pro if there was such a thing lol.

IDK man. 

Currently, Nelson is the #2 ranked OG in pass block win rate (97%), and #1 ranked in run block win rate (78%). He's #1 in overall win rate (both passing and running). 

While he hasn't looked as dominating, he "winning" at higher rate than any other OG in the league. His PFF has fallen off, but the win rate is still clearly the best.

None of our other OL were in the top 10 of their positions.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I bet you are 1000% wrong.

Nelson is the biggest name in the league at G, and it's not even close.  A "bad" Nelson (that gets called for ticky-tack holds that happen on every single NFL play) is still better than 90% of the guards in the NFL.

Your hot-take posts are getting very tiresome.  :scorebad:

12 hours ago, dw49 said:

I understand that many will call it a "2 game lead " if we win but I don't view it that way. It's a 1 game lead with the tie breaker. If we win Sunday and Tenn makes up 2 games in the following 5 games , they win the division.  

Correct. And we need to win that game because if we lose, it is highly unlikely we win the last 5, but I think it is likely they win at least 3 since they play Hou. Jax and a floundering Det.  And they may even be favored against Cle.  That leaves GB for them to upset to sweep into the playoffs and could make it very tough for us to get in at all with our tie breaker status.  This is the more important than any further game this season.  Win and our path to the playoffs is so much more wide open.  But we will still likely need to win at least 3 games to get in unless TN craters somehow.  Those tiebreakers are really going to challenge us in wildcard scenarios. 

I could see Hou winning one against us, they usually do and they are on a major upswing.  Their offense is no joke and they do not depend at all on the run so our run defense is less effective obviously.  Pitt and the Raiders are also no joke and both games are away.  This is a critical one if we hope to win the division. If we lose, finishing 9-7 is realistically still in play and I don't see TN losing 3 out of 5.  In fact, I don't see them losing more than 2 of 5.  If we win they'll likely have to win 4 of 5 or sweep to catch us for the division.  I called the Raiders game as being key to make the playoffs and go 10-6 before the season started. With a loss, the desperate WC tie breaker situation, that is especially true.  It's possible for a 10-6 team to miss the playoffs even with the extra team.  Cleveland will almost surely get 10 wins with their easy finish.  Baltimore is also likely.  (Their divisional matchups are really favorable this time around).  Then again maybe we'll sweep the season and get the #1 seed.  Pitt still has to play 5 current playoff teams in their final 6 and KC has to play 3.  

Just speculation as always, but that is the fun of a football message board.  Go Colts!

18 hours ago, w87r said:

A positive note as of now.

Buckner hasn't been ruled out as of yet. A little hope for his potential eligibility.

i dont think you go on that list for close contact you just have to go away from the team for 5 days .   from what i heard you have to test positive for covid and buckner def has covid.

18 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Focus on the South first

You acting like Colts lost already 

no i am not its a 50 -50 chance .    its great to have a back up , i like watching to see other teams who are fighting for the wildcard lose . nothing wrong with that .  after ravens lose lamar for two weeks they are going to 6-5 and most likely out of playoffs .   dolphins wont last , so browns and colts will get it if the titans win .  either way colts should get a spot .

41 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i dont think you go on that list for close contact you just have to go away from the team for 5 days .   from what i heard you have to test positive for covid and buckner def has covid.

Well you do go on the list for high risk close contact as well, however it does seem to be that Buckner has it.

Archived