Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

CheezyColt

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s not forget Autry might still be invaluable Sunday. This is awful with Henry. What a horrible time to have this happen. Why couldn’t it of happened against a non AFC and divisional game. Who plays without Buckner or Autry. Lewis? This is not going to be pretty. We are going to get run all over.  We are going to be so worn out by the end of the game. Tech said the injury report would be long. Bet there are a bunch of close contacts who didn’t practice too. Let’s pray it’s just a close contact and he doesn’t have it. Not having Buckner for two weeks would be awful. Such bad timing. I hate covid. Offense is going to have to put up some points.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Let’s not forget Autry might still be invaluable Sunday. This is awful with Henry. What a horrible time to have this happen. Why couldn’t it of happened against a non AFC and divisional game. Who plays without Buckner or Autry. Lewis? This is not going to be pretty. We are going to get run all over.  We are going to be so worn out by the end of the game. Tech said the injury report would be long. Bet there are a bunch of close contacts who didn’t practice too. Let’s pray it’s just a close contact and he doesn’t have it. Not having Buckner for two weeks would be awful. Such bad timing. I hate covid. Offense is going to have to put up some points.

More pressure on the Offense to execute especially in the red zone. Titans D is worse then the Packers.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think god really hates the colts lol. No Autry or Buckner lol. We are going to get run over. The only good thing is TN is injure but that won’t make a difference with Henry. If Autry can’t go Lewis is 3 tech lol.

Colts should resign Sheldon Day.

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We’ll be fine! Titans defense gives up 25 points. We have depth so it’s time for others to step up. If we control the clock Sunday the Colts should win. 

Titans had issues on special teams last time we played that gave us 14 points and a missed field goal. We cannot count on that being a factor again, especially if we are down two or three of our studs on defense. 

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

This isn't completely bad. The article says he was in close contact, not that he had it. He can still play if he tests negative before the game

What article?

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Titans had issues on special teams last time we played that gave us 14 points and a missed field goal. We cannot count on that being a factor again, especially if we are down two or three of our studs on defense. 

Their punter is back also. 

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I was going off the tweet, but I might have mis-read it. Still, we don't know if Buckner will miss the game. We'll have to wait til he's tested again.

No if he tested positive he with no symptoms its ten days. If he has symptoms it’s 14 days which means two games.  What we done know if it was just s high risk contact. If it was it might be possible to be back Sunday depending on when the contact was.  This could be the game that takes us out of the playoffs if we lose. Offense is going to have to keep Henry off the field and score some pts. We also have a lot of bumps and bruises on that report. The only good thing is TN is down their best linebacker and are on to their third LT.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I was going off the tweet, but I might have mis-read it. Still, we don't know if Buckner will miss the game. We'll have to wait til he's tested again.

We dont know if he is high risk contact or not.

Even if he didn't test positive but is a high risk contact he has to miss 5 days.

We are 4 days out. 

Have to hope he isn't a high risk contact(most likely is). If so he will not be playing regardless of what his test say.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Even if he didn't test positive but is a high risk contact he has to miss 5 days.

We are 4 days out. 

Have to hope he isn't a high risk contact(most likely is). If so he will not be playing regardless of what his test say.

We don’t know when that contact was. It could of been Monday. So it’s a slim chance but still possible if it was just a contact. It really sucks this comes against a afc divisional opponent. Would of much rather this happened against a nfc team. If we are down rock, Blackmon, Autry, and Buckner we will get blown off the field.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

We are 4 days out. 

Technically if they count today it will be a total of 5 days if he doesn't test positive 

To quote Ralphy in the great A Christmas Story " Oh FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!"

I wonder, does the NFL now look to move this game?  They have seemed to do it for other teams.  This is a big one.  No, a HUGE one.  If Autry, Buckner, and Blackmon all miss...........oy vey.

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Technically if they count today it will be a total of 5 days if he doesn't test positive 

One could hope.

Guess time will tell.

Would be a huge blow to be without him.

This has me all mad at the NFL at the moment.

They didn't lay down the hammer on the Titans early in the season when the completely jacked up the schedule and had workouts after told not to.

Got extra time for players to make it back, noa in the biggest game of the year(AFCS) they might benefit more......:flaming:

Just now, AZColt11 said:

To quote Ralphy in the great A Christmas Story " Oh FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!"

I wonder, does the NFL now look to move this game?  They have seemed to do it for other teams.  This is a big one.  No, a HUGE one.  If Autry, Buckner, and Blackmon all miss...........oy vey.

If they are actually positive they would only be able to move it to the end of the season. There is no where to move it to.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Since he was the only one I'm leaning that he was ruled a high risk close contact and they put him on the list before 1PM to make sure he makes the five days.  Hopefully we will have some clarity later tonight.  I would hope some reporter would be able to find out the details. 

I think the rule might read like this... you take the day the player was exposed to the person that has or had Covid. He can return to the team if he has all negative test 5 days from the "contact day." So basically it means the earliest a player can return is the 6th day from when he was exposed. Now if the rule means you must have 5 negative tests , then Buckner is out for Sunday. 

The memo states that a club must place any player designated as a "high risk" close contact on the reserve/COVID-19 list upon such designation. Such player will remain on that list until at least five days have passed since the date on which the player was last in contact with the infected individual. The player will be permitted to resume club activities on the sixth day after such last exposure if all his PCR tests, including the fifth testing day, are negative.

Archived