Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

CheezyColt

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been one disappointment for sure.  All the people being jerks and attacking people.  Injuries and illnesses are part of the game.  I'd rather deal with a Covid breakout than several new ACL injuries like many other teams.  But why so much animosity against other users?  Seem gratuitous and unnecessary.  We all know who you are.  

Methinks you doth protest too much.  

This may have been mentioned already, but the Titans are down to their 3rd string LT, lost their best linebacker Jayon Brown and their best edge player Clowney to IR and might still be without Adoree Jackson.  It will be a war of attrition.  May the best wounded animal win.

5 minutes ago, bigt said:

This may have been mentioned already, but the Titans are down to their 3rd string LT, lost their best linebacker Jayon Brown and their best edge player Clowney to IR and might still be without Adoree Jackson.  It will be a war of attrition.  May the best wounded animal win.

Yeah, we're down some starters too, but I think they have really played well with a myriad of issues. Now is our chance to do the same.  Sure Buckner is a stud for us, but I'd be more concerned in losing Blackmon since we'd be down to a third teamer ourselves.  Certainly will be a test to see which coaching staff is better prepared to adjust and succeed.  

PS: It will also show us just how much of a great move getting Buckner was, if we fall apart without him.  Go Colts!

2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Yeah, we're down some starters too, but I think they have really played well with a myriad of issues. Now is our chance to do the same.  Sure Buckner is a stud for us, but I'd be more concerned in losing Blackmon since we'd be down to a third teamer ourselves.  Certainly will be a test to see which coaching staff is better prepared to adjust and succeed.  

The funny thing about this is, I'd be less upset if Buckner, Rock, and Blackmon hypothetically all had a one-week injury that kept them out. This corona thing is just an annoying new way of losing players, and I'm not used to it yet on the Colts. Really the first time it's hit us. 

1 hour ago, bigt said:

I am not worried about their defense.  I think the Colts can and will make plays vs them as they just aren’t good to start with.  I am concerned about the dline wearing down without two of their three run stoppers and losing a key peace of what pass rush the Colts had.  

The Titans are a great play action team and one of the ways the Colts were able to slow that down in the first matchup was getting pressure with the front four and containing the run enough with the front four they didn’t have to blitz or sell out to stop the run.  I watched the Ravens play them this weekend and the Ravens didn’t have that luxury and the Titans killed them with the play action.  

There were some lapses in judgement in the posting here.  I've removed them

Also, the thread took a turn into becoming about covid.  Thanks to those who shared their experiences, I'm glad you recovered.  However, I've removed the covid discussion too because we already have a thread for that.  It's off topic in this thread

10 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Im more worried about Blackmon being out than Buckner. This defense has been good against the run without Buckner for a while now. Yeah things won't be as great, but Grover Stewart is still here and he's better than ever... He's going to have to step up on that line. 

But if Blackmon is out, im not liking that at all... Blackmon has a name in the league after the Packers game and I dont like him not being there among mistakes Tannehill will most definitely make. 

The offense really needs to get going and going fast, and take pressure off the defense. Lets hope they are gelling and that offensive line is healed up along with Rivers. Thanksgiving couldn't be at a better time with that extra day off. 

I like Blackmon but Buckner is a wrecker, the rookie ain’t at Bucks level yet. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth... 

Regarding Rivers’ injury, if it’s indeed “turf toe” — and it’s not clear that’s what it is — but if it is, that’s one of the worst injuries a player can get.

Players say it’s among the most painful injuries you can get.   They often describe it as like “walking on broken glass” with sharp, shooting pain.   “Turf toe” doesn’t sound bad, but it is.  

So let’s hope PR’s injury is some other type of toe injury and not turf toe. 

Didn’t he get stepped on?

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not having them would suck, but not the end of the world given the QB we're facing. He's not a deep thrower. TJ would likely come in a play slot/NB, bumping Moore to CB2. Moore struggled when he did that when Rock was out earlier, but against Tannehill not that worried. Odum/Wilson will be fine spelling for Blackmon if needed vs Tannehill. I'd love to have him for his big hits vs TN, but wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm most concerned with the DL if Autry is out along with Buchner, but even that wouldn't be the end of the world. If our O shows up, we'll be fine.

I doubt we will suffer in coverage if JB is out, but he will be missed supporting the run game.

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Buckner was exposed it was From a family member. Not sure Houston would of been kept out as a close contact if this was the case. So it seems it’s a positive test. Tuesday was the latest they would postpone too.

i hope we don’t lose but if rock and Blackmon have it we are in deep trouble. That is too much.

Reich mentioned today players having family’s tested before visiting tomorrow. I hope they are all smart. I just hate this when we are finally on a role.

Ive seen you post  pretty much this same post here 6-8 times in this thread.

How do you know that maybe Buckner had close contact with family, then came to facility took test and was around Houston waiting for results?

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

How do you know that maybe Buckner had close contact with family, then came to facility took test and was around Houston waiting for results?

Buckner would not be in the facility if he was awaiting a test because of a close contact.

We beat the Titans last game because of the pressure we got on Tannehill. Without Autry and Buckner we won’t get that. We best him up good. No pressure means AJ Brown and Henry will go off. I did notice though Brown missed practice yesterday with a injury. 

This game could come down to whether Autry is back and whether Blackmon and Rock have covid. Missing the dline is probably the one area we don’t want missing on Sunday.

Just saw the ravens have more positive cases so their game could be in jeopardy Sunday. There is a possibility if Blackmon and rock have covid this game could get moved if they postpone the ravens. Also a possibility that games start getting cancelled and they add the 8th playoff team. 

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Buckner would not be in the facility if he was awaiting a test because of a close contact.

We beat the Titans last game because of the pressure we got on Tannehill. Without Autry and Buckner we won’t get that. We best him up good. No pressure means AJ Brown and Henry will go off. I did notice though Brown missed practice yesterday with a injury. 

This game could come down to whether Autry is back and whether Blackmon and Rock have covid. Missing the dline is probably the one area we don’t want missing on Sunday.

Just saw the ravens have more positive cases so their game could be in jeopardy Sunday. There is a possibility if Blackmon and rock have covid this game could get moved if they postpone the ravens. Also a possibility that games start getting cancelled and they add the 8th playoff team. 

Dear God....

I would estimate your glass to be nowhere near half empty.  Feels like 1/4 empty at best.

If worst case scenario is all these guys are out, it does not come close to meaning they are showing up for a gun fight with a knife.  They still have some bullets in their gun too.

13 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This news sucks but everyone just try to stay calm and let’s just see how this all plays out.  Geeze...I’m sounding like Princeton Tiger now.  Lol. We have beaten the Titans with Henry several times pre-Buckner.  So it’s not inconceivable that the Colts find a way.  If Buckner can’t go, it will be a lot tougher this time around but next man up! Ballard built this team deep for situations like this.  

the problem is its not just buckner look at that injury list ....    with autry out too thats two of the best defensive lineman out .  rivers is hurt and limping while blackmon and and rock are out too.  half of the wrs are banged up also

9 hours ago, bigt said:

Both teams will be missing key pieces, but I would argue Buckner is a MUCH bigger loss since he is so much better of a player than Jayon Brown and Adoree Jackson. 

Not to mention Buckner impacts the entire defense is such a way that it elevates everyone else. 

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

I like Blackmon but Buckner is a wrecker, the rookie ain’t at Bucks level yet. 

In general I would agree. Its a big loss. But vs the titans this week in particular, I think blackmon can really help. 

Titans can run. Buckner isn't what makes this rush defense work. 

Therefore I think losing blackmon will hurt more Sunday. Hopefully both play. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Or every day at practice seeing as they play next to each other...

5 hours ago, Nickster said:I like Blackmon but Buckner is a wrecker, the rookie ain’t at Bucks level yet. 

I don’t think anyone is saying Blackmon is as good of a player to Buckner but the Colts were already thin at safety with Blackmon where as they have other good players on the dline.  I can see the case for why due to that losing Blackmon COULD sting as much as Buckner.  I wouldn’t mistake that for saying Blackmon is on Buckner’s level as a player though.

35 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We won the game against the Pack, but got beat up in the process. DBuck will truly be missed, Ryan and Q both walked off that field in Overtime hurting. Need the Turkey Gods to bless us with some health. 

Ryan and Q hurting?  What, they sprained their wrists/fingers with all those holds at the end? Lol

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think anyone is saying Blackmon is as good of a player to Buckner but the Colts were already thin at safety with Blackmon where as they have other good players on the dline.  I can see the case for why due to that losing Blackmon COULD sting as much as Buckner.  I wouldn’t mistake that for saying Blackmon is on Buckner’s level as a player though.

Oh I’m not.  

I’m saying I hope we don’t get to see what this front 7 would look like without Buckner.  That’s all I’m saying. We’ve got NO ONE and haven’t had since Steve Emtman able to do what Buckner does.

The secondary will have a lot more pressure on it without Buckner push and presence.  He’s the lynchpin of the Defense.  Only guy we can’t really replace.

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am more concerned  for Rock and Blackmon to not have covid. Seems it’s playing out with them like it did with Autry. They might be showing symptoms just waiting on a positive test. Missing Buckner is one thing but adding the other two would be bad. 

Think you need a chill pill and a stiff shot of scotch! Life will go on regardless of the outcome of this game

I will be willing to bet the league makes teams stay in some kind of bubble for the playoffs. Home teams will be put in hotels and away teams will have to stay at hotels until they leave for a game. Teams will want more control over what the players are doing. Let’s hope players can get vaccinated before they start OTA next season.

5 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Think you need a chill pill and a stiff shot of scotch! Life will go on regardless of the outcome of this game

DUH. But there is nothing wrong with being disappointed. We were finally gelling at the right time. Anyone that don’t think this is a big loss or isn’t worried about possibly missing two guys in the secondary is fooling themselves. These early afc losses could very well bite us in the butt.

15 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Relax, we split with these guys last season with Jacoby at QB.... and DeForest Buckner still in a 49ers uniform.

We can beat these guys if we play clean in all 3 phases.... and I think we WILL beat them. :thmup:

Colts     27

Titans   16

We are at home too, I know not many fans but we have only loss 1 home game all year. I still think we win as long Rivers is 100%. I have faith in guys like Leonard and Houston picking their game up.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Guys on our OL looked beat up. Kelly and Big Q specifically, seemed like they were struggling between snaps/after the game. Honestly, they’ve both seemed like that to me for the past couple weeks.

As long as we execute in key situations and don't turn it over we will win but if we don't it could be a long day.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

DUH. But there is nothing wrong with being disappointed. We were finally gelling at the right time. Anyone that don’t think this is a big loss or isn’t worried about possibly missing two guys in the secondary is fooling themselves. These early afc losses could very well bite us in the butt.

Heh, agree that it is a big loss but it is life in  2020. Total crap year  but life goes on. You seem to be obsessed with this whole situation. You are generally upbeat and optimistic. Just  spoofing you a little. Don't take me seriously!

Archived