Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its amazing to watch the absolute spiraling when there's no actual determination on whether he'll play or not and if any of the guys held out for "illness" are also in any danger of missing time.

Go away Covid... nobody likes you.

52 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not really an ouch statement.

I just have more respect for people that admit when wrong, than when they boast when they are right.

I didnt take it as a negative. The ouch comment was more in fun. I always admit when i am wrong. Give me an example

On 11/26/2020 at 10:28 PM, EastStreet said:

IDK man. 

Currently, Nelson is the #2 ranked OG in pass block win rate (97%), and #1 ranked in run block win rate (78%). He's #1 in overall win rate (both passing and running). 

While he hasn't looked as dominating, he "winning" at higher rate than any other OG in the league. His PFF has fallen off, but the win rate is still clearly the best.

None of our other OL were in the top 10 of their positions.

Yeah i might have over blown that one lol. I guess I kind of get tired of the Nelson love. Sure, he is a great player. However,  he is a guard and how much impact does he have on this teams performance compared to the money he is going to be asking for?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah i might have over blown that one lol. I guess I kind of get tired of the Nelson love. Sure, he is a great player. However,  he is a guard and how much impact does he have on this teams performance compared to the money he is going to be asking for?

I think he has a huge impact. As much as any LT will have. And I also think he basically subsidizes the performance of LT a bit too. Team's simply don't attack us as much on that side with Q there, and AC benefits. He'll also make plugging in a rook LT easier, or even a mediocre vet. I could even see them trying out Smith at LT. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think he has a huge impact. As much as any LT will have. And I also think he basically subsidizes the performance of LT a bit too. Team's simply don't attack us as much on that side with Q there, and AC benefits. He'll also make plugging in a rook LT easier, or even a mediocre vet. I could even see them trying out Smith at LT. 

I stand corrected

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So that being said. We shouldnt have to draft a LT high in the draft to replace Castanzo?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I didnt take it as a negative. The ouch comment was more in fun. I always admit when i am wrong. Give me an example

An example of what?

It is a general statement, but based on your post of we will see at the end of year?

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So that being said. We shouldnt have to draft a LT high in the draft to replace Castanzo?

I really don't know TBH. We don't have to draft a LT at all this year as AC is still under contract. I've said for a while now that they can draft a T in the 2nd-4th this coming draft, and try to develop, vs waiting till 2022 draft and having less room for error. 

I still wish we would have taken a flyer on Prince Tega Wanogho in the 6th last year. He's sitting on the Eagles PS right now. Personally I'd go sign him to the 53 on a low dollar contract like we did to Carter. 

• Like 1
On 11/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, w87r said:

Just make sure and come back and admit when/if you're wrong.

Might earn you a little more respect around here.

Not defending anyone. This is just a double standard IMO. If a negative person is wrong about a negative opinion, then people want him to admit when he/she's wrong. However, if a positive person is wrong about being positive (even in a situation like this where they say we'll win just to be positive even if they are faking it), then they never have to admit they're wrong because it's "better to be positive and wrong than negative and right" since that's what good fans do. Just a double standard on here that's food for thought.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not defending anyone. This is just a double standard IMO. If a negative person is wrong about a negative opinion, then people want him to admit when he/she's wrong. However, if a positive person is wrong about being positive (even in a situation like this where they say we'll win just to be positive even if they are faking it), then they never have to admit they're wrong because it's "better to be positive and wrong than negative and right" since that's what good fans do. Just a double standard on here that's food for thought.

It doesn't make a difference either way.

I hate when people boast they're right(positive or negative). I respect people who admit their wrong(positive or negative).

What I quoted talking about it was a stance that Nelson wont be 1st or 2nd team All Pro, and would be lucky to be 4th team if there was such a thing.

Bottom line is there are to many people that are "I told you soers". Positive or negative.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, w87r said:

It doesn't make a difference either way.

I hate when people boast they're right(positive or negative). I respect people who admit their wrong(positive or negative).

What I quoted talking about it was a stance that Nelson wont be 1st or 2nd team All Pro, and would be lucky to be 4th team if there was such a thing.

Bottom line is there are to many people that are "I told you soers". Positive or negative.

Completely agree with this. However, most of the "I told you soers" are from people who generally have a contrarian opinion, get ganged up on, feel defensive, and if they are proven right later, they want to tell everyone because he/she got ganged up on because it wasn't the "popular or majority opinion." This is true for positive and negative opinions and it's really tiresome. People need to understand that this is an opinion forum (and a lot of predicting), not the Indianapolis Star or whatever where you are writing factual articles all the time.

• Like 1