Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

CheezyColt

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Buckner can be replaced a game. That wouldn’t be a issue if Autry wasn’t already on the list. Then add rock and Blackmon if they are put on the list it’s going to make it difficult. 

Just thinking of something. With rivers injury I expect him to play but wonder if they could dress Eason in case Jacoby has to go in and play.

I see no reason why Rivers won't play all game except maybe JB coming in on 3rd and shorts, etc.. I seriously doubt we see Eason all year. Rivers would have to a miss a game for that.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see no reason why Rivers won't play all game except maybe JB coming in on 3rd and shorts, etc.. I seriously doubt we see Eason all year. Rivers would have to a miss a game for that.

Haven't really followed the news, so not sure how serious the toe is, but he didn't practice today.

I'm honestly more worried about missing Rivers than Buchner. We have run stopping DLs to sub in, which is the biggest threat from TN. Losing Buchner is never a good thing, but I'd rather lose him vs TN than vs a passing team. Losing Rivers would be really hard to overcome though.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Haven't really followed the news, so not sure how serious the toe is, but he didn't practice today.

I'm honestly more worried about missing Rivers than Buchner. We have run stopping DLs to sub in, which is the biggest threat from TN. Losing Buchner is never a good thing, but I'd rather lose him vs TN than vs a passing team. Losing Rivers would be really hard to overcome though.

I was going to post that regarding - I would rather have Buckner out than Rivers. We need Rivers for this game no matter what. I really haven't heard much but Rivers hasn't missed a game his entire career so he will play is my belief. Only way he wouldn't is if the toe was broken, JMO. If that was the case we would know by now.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was going to post that regarding - I would rather have Buckner out than Rivers. We need Rivers for this game no matter what. I really haven't heard much but Rivers hasn't missed a game his entire career so he will play is my belief. Only way he wouldn't is if the toe was broken, JMO. If that was the case we would know by now.

Eason starts and throws 6tds  lol

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He said today he could practiced. I think he will be just fine. All of these actual injuries seem to be cautionary because they all finished the game. 

Buckner alone isn’t a huge deal if Autry can play. Plus let’s hope rock and Blackmon don’t have covid. The concern comes from the possibility of Buckner, Autry, Blackmon, and Rock missing the game. All of them would be bad.

This news sucks but everyone just try to stay calm and let’s just see how this all plays out.  Geeze...I’m sounding like Princeton Tiger now.  Lol. We have beaten the Titans with Henry several times pre-Buckner.  So it’s not inconceivable that the Colts find a way.  If Buckner can’t go, it will be a lot tougher this time around but next man up! Ballard built this team deep for situations like this.  

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He said today he could practiced. I think he will be just fine. All of these actual injuries seem to be cautionary because they all finished the game. 

Buckner alone isn’t a huge deal if Autry can play. Plus let’s hope rock and Blackmon don’t have covid. The concern comes from the possibility of Buckner, Autry, Blackmon, and Rock missing the game. All of them would be bad.

Next man up.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This news sucks but everyone just try to stay calm and let’s just see how this all plays out.  Geeze...I’m sounding like Princeton Tiger now.  Lol. We have beaten the Titans with Henry several times pre-Buckner.  So it’s not inconceivable that the Colts find a way.  If Buckner can’t go, it will be a lot tougher this time around but next man up! Ballard built this team deep for situations like this. Next man up.

The issue isn’t Buckner. It’s if Autry cant come back yet to replace him. Then add Blackmon and rock possibly having covid it’s bad.

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This news sucks but everyone just try to stay calm and let’s just see how this all plays out.  Geeze...I’m sounding like Princeton Tiger now.  Lol. We have beaten the Titans with Henry several times pre-Buckner.  So it’s not inconceivable that the Colts find a way.  If Buckner can’t go, it will be a lot tougher this time around but next man up! Ballard built this team deep for situations like this.  

Thank You I think

The issue isn’t Buckner. It’s if Autry cant come back yet to replace him. Then add Blackmon and rock possibly having covid it’s bad.

We don’t  know if Blackmon and Rock have or were exposed to COVID. Until the Colts put them on the COVID/reserve list like Buckner its just speculation. 

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Thank You I think

Definitely a compliment. Lol

For what it’s worth... 

Regarding Rivers’ injury, if it’s indeed “turf toe” — and it’s not clear that’s what it is — but if it is, that’s one of the worst injuries a player can get.

Players say it’s among the most painful injuries you can get.   They often describe it as like “walking on broken glass” with sharp, shooting pain.   “Turf toe” doesn’t sound bad, but it is.  

So let’s hope PR’s injury is some other type of toe injury and not turf toe. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We don’t  know if Blackmon and Rock have or were exposed to COVID. Until the Colts put them on the COVID/reserve list like Buckner its just speculation. 

Definitely a compliment. Lol

It would say not injury related like it says with Houston if it was exposure. This is exactly what happened with Autry before he got put on the list. They most likely have symptoms and are just waiting for it to show up on a test like Autry. I hope though it’s not covid related but it seems it is.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I don't see Rivers wanting to screw up his streak. The offense is really starting to come together, so would hate to disrupt that. And this game is bigger than just a W for us. It puts up up 1+tie-breaker. We literally only punted once vs TN two weeks ago, and I don't want lose offensive momentum. 

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I kinda expected a lot of DNPs today, but it was a bit more than expected lol. I'm somewhat confident in Rivers playing, but he's my biggest worry. We need O as much or more than D this weekend. 

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am more concerned  for Rock and Blackmon to not have covid. Seems it’s playing out with them like it did with Autry. They might be showing symptoms just waiting on a positive test. Missing Buckner is one thing but adding the other two would be bad. 

We will  be ok.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am more concerned  for Rock and Blackmon to not have covid. Seems it’s playing out with them like it did with Autry. They might be showing symptoms just waiting on a positive test. Missing Buckner is one thing but adding the other two would be bad. 

Not having them would suck, but not the end of the world given the QB we're facing. He's not a deep thrower. TJ would likely come in a play slot/NB, bumping Moore to CB2. Moore struggled when he did that when Rock was out earlier, but against Tannehill not that worried. Odum/Wilson will be fine spelling for Blackmon if needed vs Tannehill. I'd love to have him for his big hits vs TN, but wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm most concerned with the DL if Autry is out along with Buchner, but even that wouldn't be the end of the world. If our O shows up, we'll be fine.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Where  they going to postpone it too? There isn’t anywhere until the end of the season. They won’t do that yet with just one game.

The good news is Stalworth and big grove have been great run stoppers. It’s time for Lewis to shine. Plus titans oline isn’t the one of the best so that should help. The biggest concern is the fourth quarter and not having the depth to keep Henry in check.

A Wednesday or Thursday game next week 

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is impossible. You can’t do that then play on Sunday again. It won’t matter if they are actually positive anyway.

Then play on Monday and do a double-header. If that happens, Buckner can be cleared if he tests negative as it will be 5 days.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Not if he actually tested positive.

We don't know if he tested positive. That's an assumption right now. If he did, then obviously he's out. If not though, he can be cleared in 5 days. Moving the game to Monday would then let him play. They moved the Ravens/Steelers game to Sunday to help the Ravens, they can move the Colts game to Monday to help us. It would only increase ratings and revenue for the NFL as our other game with the Titans was a good one on Thursday night two weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We don't know if he tested positive. That's an assumption right now. If he did, then obviously he's out. If not though, he can be cleared in 5 days. Moving the game to Monday would then let him play. They moved the Ravens/Steelers game to Sunday to help the Ravens, they can move the Colts game to Monday to help us. It would only increase ratings and revenue for the NFL as our other game with the Titans was a good one on Thursday night two weeks ago.

I was hoping they'd flex our game. Would be perfectly fine with a move to Monday too. 

We don't know when he had contact, or what the situation is. I'm sure we'll hear tomorrow or at worst Friday.

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Then play on Monday and do a double-header. If that happens, Buckner can be cleared if he tests negative as it will be 5 days.

They won’t move it because of one guy. But if we suddenly have 6-12 pop up, different story

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ravens have five players test positive. They only delayed it to make sure no one else tests positive.  Houston most likely isn’t held out as a close conduct if Buckner was a close contact with a relative. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I was hoping they'd flex our game. Would be perfectly fine with a move to Monday too. 

We don't know when he had contact, or what the situation is. I'm sure we'll hear tomorrow or at worst Friday.

We won’t hear anything. We were never told of what the Autry situation is. If Blackmon and rock test positive then we could be in for game day change.  They can add games to the end of the season but I hope they have a open mind that’s a game wouldn’t need played at the end unless it effected seeding.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The league can do as it wants. Case in point, they literally just moved the Steelers Ravens game..

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-steelers-game-moved-from-thursday-to-sunday

They aren’t going to put their players in danger making them play 2 games within 3 or 4 days. The ravens Steelers games is a different.  Now if we have a rash of positive tests it might be postponed until Monday but that will be it.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They aren’t going to put their players in danger making them play 2 games within 3 or 4 days. The ravens Steelers games is a different.  Now if we have a rash of positive tests it might be postponed until Monday but that will be it.

Pretty sure they did just that earlier in the year.

After the Stafford false positive I don’t think they go on the list until it’s confirmed.

Or if they are exposed...

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We won’t hear anything. We were never told of what the Autry situation is. If Blackmon and rock test positive then we could be in for game day change.  They can add games to the end of the season but I hope they have a open mind that’s a game wouldn’t need played at the end unless it effected seeding.

We were told Friday that Autry wouldn't play, so we kind of new the story.

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pretty sure they did just that earlier in the year.

Or if they are exposed...

If Buckner was exposed it was From a family member. Not sure Houston would of been kept out as a close contact if this was the case. So it seems it’s a positive test. Tuesday was the latest they would postpone too.

i hope we don’t lose but if rock and Blackmon have it we are in deep trouble. That is too much.

Reich mentioned today players having family’s tested before visiting tomorrow. I hope they are all smart. I just hate this when we are finally on a role.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Oh that’s what you meant. I was talking about knowing if this was a actual positive case or a close contact. Since Autry was out with a illness before going on the list he probably won’t play Sunday either.

Autry will play so long as he's asymptomatic from what I read. We can assume he was a positive based on the rules and what we've heard of his possible return. He missed Thursday's practice, so assume they new Wednesday, which started the clock. So if he's asymptomatic already, Saturday would be the 10th day from Wednesday. Sunday the 10th from Thursday.

Buchner, depending on when the contact was (assuming he's not a positive), could still play. If he was a positive, they'd have already been able to rule him out (10 day min/ 24 hours after symptoms subside), which they might have, and just not communicated.

Archived