Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

CheezyColt

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cam newton only missed one game with  covid it depends on if they have symptoms .    i know now they have a good treatment for the symptoms the treatment trump had .   It uses stem cells takes away the symptoms and people are recovering in a week .  most people cant afford it and end up suffering but the nfl pays top dollar for medical treatment on their players.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ian Rappaport is reporting he is actually positive. If he has no symptoms the earliest he can return is the day before the Texans. Looks like we will be without him two games. We are going to have to get some people to step up. We really need him for the Texans too.

If Buckner misses 2 games, we are in danger of losing two divisional games in a row. If that happens, we may not make the playoffs. Horrible timing for this to happen. :( 

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If Buckner misses 2 games, we are in danger of losing two divisional games in a row. If that happens, we may not make the playoffs. Horrible timing for this to happen. :( 

titans and texans both have more injuries then the colts .  i feel like colts can still win both .  autry will 100 percent be back for the texans and can play inside with lewis .    autry could be back this week if cleared .

I am going to assume Autry won’t be back because he clearly has symptoms since he was listed with a illness before going on the covid list. He was only put on the list a little over a week ago. Depends on when he showed symptoms I suppose. We aren’t going to get the usual pressure on Tannehill we usually do without those two guys. Somebody is going to have to step up in the middle. It could get ugly. Then to miss Buckner for Houston could be bad. Watson is playing great.

22 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Relax, we split with these guys last season with Jacoby at QB.... and DeForest Buckner still in a 49ers uniform.

We can beat these guys if we play clean in all 3 phases.... and I think we WILL beat them. :thmup:

Colts     27

Titans   16

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The good news is the titans oline is a little beat up so missing those two might end up being a wash.

I'm gonna bump my earlier post for a reminder that we BEAT Tennessee last year without Buckner and with Brissett under center.

Even our loss to them later in the year was tainted by that stinkin' blocked FG score.

Of course we will miss Buckner.... but we've proven we could beat them before he or Philip ever donned a Colts jersey.

6 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I'm gonna bump my earlier post for a reminder that we BEAT Tennessee last year without Buckner and with Brissett under center.

Even our loss to them later in the year was tainted by that stinkin' blocked FG score.

Of course we will miss Buckner.... but we've proven we could beat them before he or Philip ever donned a Colts jersey.

The bigger loss is most likely going to be that Autry isn’t back to fill in.  Losing both of them could be huge. We need a big lead early so Henry is not running all over us in the fourth. We need long sustained drives to keep the defense off the field. 

What concerns me is Eberflus has a habit of going very vanilla when there is injuries. Let’s hope the offense plays lights out and those oline injuries aren’t significant.

23 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

This

6 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Correct. And we need to win that game because if we lose, it is highly unlikely we win the last 5, but I think it is likely they win at least 3 since they play Hou. Jax and a floundering Det.  And they may even be favored against Cle.  That leaves GB for them to upset to sweep into the playoffs and could make it very tough for us to get in at all with our tie breaker status.  This is the more important than any further game this season.  Win and our path to the playoffs is so much more wide open.  But we will still likely need to win at least 3 games to get in unless TN craters somehow.  Those tiebreakers are really going to challenge us in wildcard scenarios. 

I could see Hou winning one against us, they usually do and they are on a major upswing.  Their offense is no joke and they do not depend at all on the run so our run defense is less effective obviously.  Pitt and the Raiders are also no joke and both games are away.  This is a critical one if we hope to win the division. If we lose, finishing 9-7 is realistically still in play and I don't see TN losing 3 out of 5.  In fact, I don't see them losing more than 2 of 5.  If we win they'll likely have to win 4 of 5 or sweep to catch us for the division.  I called the Raiders game as being key to make the playoffs and go 10-6 before the season started. With a loss, the desperate WC tie breaker situation, that is especially true.  It's possible for a 10-6 team to miss the playoffs even with the extra team.  Cleveland will almost surely get 10 wins with their easy finish.  Baltimore is also likely.  (Their divisional matchups are really favorable this time around).  Then again maybe we'll sweep the season and get the #1 seed.  Pitt still has to play 5 current playoff teams in their final 6 and KC has to play 3.  

Just speculation as always, but that is the fun of a football message board.  Go Colts!

Agree that this game is almost a must win. Problem is a loss gives us 4 conference losses and the rest of our games are all in conference. A division loss to Tenn would pretty much guarantee we lose any subsequent tie breaker . Agree that the LV game is also huge. If we win that won , it would at least give us that tie breaker , ... But maybe not as there would be like 3-4 teams in a tie for 2 playoff spots. So IMO possible we could end up tied with LV and still lose the tie breaker even with a win against them. Thing is we swept the NFC , so all the losses will be in conference which sucks in the tie break scenarios .

34 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I feel the need to reiterate this. We've beat TN without Buckner and while he's an amazing force on the inside, we've got some solid depth at DL that can step in. I think Grover and Stallworth can shut down the inside run game pretty well and rotating Lewis (potentially Autry) inside will help bolster the interior pressure

I'm also assuming with TN starting a 3rd string T, they'll need to consistently give him help, which should give the rest of the DL one-on-one mmatches.

At this point, we should be wishing Buckner and his family well, then just believing in our DL depth.

41 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Agree that this game is almost a must win. Problem is a loss gives us 4 conference losses and the rest of our games are all in conference. A division loss to Tenn would pretty much guarantee we lose any subsequent tie breaker . Agree that the LV game is also huge. If we win that won , it would at least give us that tie breaker , ... But maybe not as there would be like 3-4 teams in a tie for 2 playoff spots. So IMO possible we could end up tied with LV and still lose the tie breaker even with a win against them. Thing is we swept the NFC , so all the losses will be in conference which sucks in the tie break scenarios .

For me it’s win the division or no playoffs. It’s that simple. Yes TN still has to play green bay but it is not good at all if we lose to them Sunday.  

The Browns are having a issue with covid so we will see if that hurts them. Raiders are playing Atlanta. I could see the raiders losing but they really are a very good team so I doubt it. Some of these teams have s very easy schedule to finish.

29 minutes ago, Shive said:

I feel the need to reiterate this. We've beat TN without Buckner and while he's an amazing force on the inside, we've got some solid depth at DL that can step in. I think Grover and Stallworth can shut down the inside run game pretty well and rotating Lewis (potentially Autry) inside will help bolster the interior pressure

I'm also assuming with TN starting a 3rd string T, they'll need to consistently give him help, which should give the rest of the DL one-on-one mmatches.

At this point, we should be wishing Buckner and his family well, then just believing in our DL depth.

We still had Autry.

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Yeah about that....their team from last year was totally different from this year....their o-line has been playing better this year than last year but we will see

Archived