Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep your head up

danlhart87

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s pretty obvious Reich and Rivers both are not getting the job done. Tough to be optimistic after watching today’s game against a team that is dealing with significant injuries. This is one that should’ve went our way but we refuse to beat legit teams. 

Game was very winnable, questionable calls all game. Ravens with no Marlon no Stanley and half the defense didn’t even practice this week but they come to Lucas Oil and get the win that’s frustrating.... Defense played strong until they got too tired because the offense was pathetic. But short week and must win on thursday!

Just now, Mick12Maher said:

It’s pretty obvious Reich and Rivers both are not getting the job done. Tough to be optimistic after watching today’s game against a team that is dealing with significant injuries. This is one that should’ve went our way but we refuse to beat legit teams. 

This is more on Ballard.  He assembled this team through drafting and free agency. He picked this style of D and the D coach. This O line is not getting it done. The offence is playing left handed becuase the Oline has not forced its will on anyone. Reich can only do so much. That Taylor turn over was huge.  No one on this board ever puts any responsibility on Ballard

3 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

Doyle went out and no one was catching anything deep when needed. Rivers played well enough but the entire team was flat in the 2nd half. This narrative of Reich and Rivers not cutting it is getting old. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

This is more on Ballard.  He assembled this team through drafting and free agency. He picked this style of D and the D coach. This O line is not getting it done. The offence is playing left handed becuase the Oline has not forced its will on anyone. Reich can only do so much. That Taylor turn over was huge.  No one on this board ever puts any responsibility on Ballard

Definitely more on Reich. Can’t adjust. Can’t put players into position besides his 10+ scripted plays to come out. Should’ve made a move at the deadline if they wanted to contend this year. Pretty clear Ballard is fine being mediocre this year and will hopefully make some moves this offseason. 

2nd half was rough. Bad calls usually even out but that didn't happen for us today. The no call on the Doyle shot and that INT/fumble nonsense. The other turnovers sealed it. I never felt like we were completely outclassed by the Ravens.

That being said, this offense is tough to watch. I did think #12 looked really good in that Campbell role though... so there's that...

Just now, Bert Johns said:

Rivers looked horrible today throwing off his back for off the mark. Can't win  like that

Nope I was disappointed with him today.  I will say looked the young WRs were running wrong routes a lot today which is to be expected with so many guys who were on PS and Pittman being a rookie.  Really only Pascal has been here all year.  

I’ve said it all year, the Colts are an average team.  They will win some games but have games or halves that leave you scratching your head.  They are a fringe playoff team that really has no chance to win a championship.  Yeah yeah, any given Sunday.  I still enjoy watching this team but until a franchise QB is on the roster this team will remain average or get worse as the core ages. 

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Doyle went out and no one was catching anything deep when needed. Rivers played well enough but the entire team was flat in the 2nd half. This narrative of Reich and Rivers not cutting it is getting old. 

Did you watch the same rivers as I? He did not play close to well enough whether that’s the receivers being off page with him or not. Throwing ducks out there. 

Just now, coltfaninnewyork said:

I’m more mystified by our failure to run ball all year ,ultimately that will be our downfall 

Well, sadly teams know they can stack the box and take away the running game.  Force Rivers to chuck it around all game, pressure him, ect.  The offense is extremely limited. 

The problem was and is JT. First his fumble, that’s on him, but after that, Reich held him out all game. That is one Reich. That switched the play calling and combined with the bogus int call, no way that was a catch, refs screwed us. There also should have been an ejection for Peters coming off the bench and onto the field, that didn’t happen. 

Just now, AwesomeAustin said:

I’ve said it all year, the Colts are an average team.  They will win some games but have games or halves that leave you scratching your head.  They are a fringe playoff team that really has no chance to win a championship.  Yeah yeah, any given Sunday.  I still enjoy watching this team but until a franchise QB is on the roster this team will remain average or get worse as the core ages. 

I trust Ballard to continue drafting guys to keep us young especially on the defensive end. The biggest peice of this is finding that franchise QB. 

Just now, csmopar said:

The problem was and is JT. First his fumble, that’s on him, but after that, Reich held him out all game. That is one Reich. That switched the play calling and combined with the bogus int call, no way that was a catch, refs screwed us. There also should have been an ejection for Peters coming off the bench and onto the field, that didn’t happen. 

Refs were bad but more importantly so were the Colts in the second half.  

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

2nd half was rough. Bad calls usually even out but that didn't happen for us today. The no call on the Doyle shot and that INT/fumble nonsense. The other turnovers sealed it. I never felt like we were completely outclassed by the Ravens.

That being said, this offense is tough to watch. I did think #12 looked really good in that Campbell role though... so there's that...

Pittman did look the best I’ve seen him yet this year. 

as for the D, we held yet another very explicit offense to 17 points. That’s not terrible. That’s pretty good infact. 

Taylor fumble was tough. Good strip by Ravens. The 2 plays that killed me were the pick that Rivers threw right after we stripped ball from Raven RB. That was a questionable call by Refs but it was just an awful throw by Rivers. The 2nd terrible play was the 4th and 1 call by Colts. Rivers tried to throw and nearly got sacked on a terrible play.  My sense of Rivers is that he is past his prime. I did not realize how terrible his arm strength is. I thought Michaels, Pittman, Pascal and AMC played well.  Colts pretty much sat Taylor after fumble. 

I didn't expect much out of this game so I'm not incredibly disappointed. If anything it reinforces what we already know - the offense is incredibly inconsistent and the playcalling has been suspect most of the season. Right now it's the offense that's not pulling its weight and the defense has actually continued to play well even against the better teams we've seen. 

I’m not a big Brissett fan.  I don’t think he’s our long term answer at QB.  But I do think we’d be a better team the rest of the way this season with him under center.

Rivers wasn’t the only guy to play poorly today.  So it’s not like the loss is all on him.  But I have almost no confidence in him.

My thinking are the Colts are a pretty good team. I like what they are building on defense, and the speed ,sideline to sideline ,is impressive. Like the Flacco led Ravens , the Colts look very similar with a great defense and average offense. It’s hard to take that next step with a stop gap like Rivers. That’s not to say that the Colts can’t make the playoffs or make some noise, but they are going to have to hope lightning strikes three times, the other two being Manning and Luck , in the future. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pittman did look the best I’ve seen him yet this year. 

as for the D, we held yet another very explicit offense to 17 points. That’s not terrible. That’s pretty good infact. 

How DARE you identify bright spots!!!!

Archived