Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep your head up

danlhart87

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bolts2Colts said:

I agree with OP that we should stay positive. 

Ravens are ranked 3rd best team in league by Football Outsiders.  

We could have won that game. Ball didn’t bounce our way but I like our chances next time we meet them.

Why? Next time we meet them Marlon Humphrey will be off the Covid list, Stanley will probably be back at LT, and we're likely to get beat worse. They were missing players at key positions and others didn't practice for them because of exposure to Covid. If we couldn't beat them today, we aren't beating them, this was our chance, and the offense and Reich pooped the bed.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich is fine as a head coach. He just needs to turn the playcalling over to someone else. Remember all the offensive minds they hired after the season last year. To many cooks in the kitchen. He just forgets about everyone’s strengths. Then benched Taylor after one mistake.

I agree - as important as the ability to run the ball gives us a much more balanced and therefore dangerous offense, and Taylor should've been given a chance to redeem himself, just like Doyle was in the win against Cincinnati.

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Don’t think you see him unless we are out of playoff contention,and even then I don’t see it 

I know that wasn’t my point. We need to see him before the draft.  

Ballard will be doing a interview tomorrow and that should be interesting.

We need to start building this offense. Just keep drafting WR until we figure it out. Get a future left tackle and figure out who the QB of the future is. The defense is in pretty good shape. We should bring Houston back for a couple more years until we figure that spot out.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TY Missing the game hurt also. He hasn’t been putting up huge numbers but it took a weapon off the field. Bright spot that Harris kid has some speed.

No, this is so wrong. TY missing the game didn't hurt anything. He is a JAG at this point. I would rather have Fountain, Harris, Patmon, or Johnson on the field than Hilton that puts up two catches a game. I wanted to trade Hilton at the trade deadline, and I'm still sticking to that. Hilton wouldn't of done anything for this team. Great with Luck when he was younger, now he's 30 with Rivers at QB. No use to this team anymore IMO.

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No, this is so wrong. TY missing the game didn't hurt anything. He is a JAG at this point. I would rather have Fountain, Harris, Patmon, or Johnson on the field than Hilton that puts up two catches a game. I wanted to trade Hilton at the trade deadline, and I'm still sticking to that. Hilton wouldn't of done anything for this team. Great with Luck when he was younger, now he's 30 with Rivers at QB. No use to this team anymore IMO.

Sorry I disagree. It still took a weapon off the field that requires attention. It might of helped some others get open.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sorry I disagree. It still took a weapon off the field that requires attention. It might of helped some others get open.

It's ok if we disagree, I'll tell you another reason why Hilton didn't matter. All you have to do is single cover him and he's covered, he doesn't require a double-team to stop him. Maybe he used to before, he doesn't anymore. As I said, he's just a JAG now. His play and production doesn't justify taking away time and snaps from younger receivers that need them that have a future with us. It just doesn't.

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Why? Next time we meet them Marlon Humphrey will be off the Covid list, Stanley will probably be back at LT, and we're likely to get beat worse. They were missing players at key positions and others didn't practice for them because of exposure to Covid. If we couldn't beat them today, we aren't beating them, this was our chance, and the offense and Reich pooped the bed.

We didn’t have TY and a bunch of other receivers were banged up or out. Marcus Johnson and Mo Alie Cox had knee injuries according to injury report. Pittman just coming back. 

According to Rivers, Taylor was banged up after Detroit game. 

We’ve seen that missing practice due to COVID doesn’t necessarily affect a team much, see Titans as an example. 

Without those two turnovers I think we win. 

I still hate Luck for what he did. Just imagine what he would be doing with this defense.  Reich didn’t need to be a offensive guru with Luck. He could just let him go. Luck could extend plays and be a playmaker. That’s why he made everyone around him better. 

Anyone know what happens to that last playoff spot if the raiders win. We lost so many spots today.

8 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

We didn’t have TY and a bunch of other receivers were banged up or out. Marcus Johnson and Mo Alie Cox had knee injuries according to injury report. Pittman just coming back. 

According to Rivers, Taylor was banged up after Detroit game. 

We’ve seen that missing practice due to COVID doesn’t necessarily affect a team much, see Titans as an example

Without those two turnovers I think we win. 

TY is worthless to the team anymore. Johnson and Cox played and did their normal thing, maybe it affected them a little, but they played. Pittman had the best game of his career today. Taylor did fine besides the fumble, I'm aware of his ankle injury, but the fumble got him benched. The bolded I'll give you. 

So what you're saying is, if we didn't commit two turnovers, we beat the Ravens without Humphrey and Stanley? Yeah, we aren't anywhere close to their league. I picked the Colts to win this 27-21. I overestimated how good they were.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I still hate Luck for what he did. Just imagine what he would be doing with this defense.  Reich didn’t need to be a offensive guru with Luck. He could just let him go. Luck could extend plays and be a playmaker. That’s why he made everyone around him better. 

Anyone know what happens to that last playoff spot if the raiders win. We lost so many spots today.

Agreed. I will always hate Luck for that. He simultaneously ruined the Colts future for Irsay, Ballard, Reich, all his teammates, and every Colts fan in the world when he classlessly quit on the organization 2 weeks before the season started. Complete piece of garbage to me in every way possible. As far as the playoffs go, I'm not worried yet with 7 spots. If we lose next week, we should worry. I'm just taking it one game at a time right now. I just have low expectations with our bonehead coach.

54 minutes ago, runthepost said:

The offense that had Boldin, Smith and Rice? The same offense that scored 24, 38, 28, 34 in the playoffs and dropped 55 points during the regular season

52 minutes ago, Nickster said:

They had ray rice and anquan Bolton one year and Jamal Lewis and stokely the other.  And qualitty TEs.  

I pointed out they won two Super Bowls with bad QBs.  Playmakers can't do anything if they don't have an effective QB.  Which weaker offenses have won Super Bowls since then? Even the Pats had aging clutch playmakers though they only scored 13 against the Rams.  

Now if you guys are saying our WRs and RBs and TEs are all garbage players, then who would be to blame for that?

Baltimore won those specific years because of their stellar D first and foremost.   Like them we do have playmakers on our team, they just all play on Defense.  

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. I will always hate Luck for that. He simultaneously ruined the Colts future for Irsay, Ballard, Reich, all his teammates, and every Colts fan in the world when he classlessly quit on the organization 2 weeks before the season started. Complete piece of garbage to me in every way possible. As far as the playoffs go, I'm not worried yet with 7 spots. If we lose next week, we should worry. I'm just taking it one game at a time right now. I just have low expectations with our bonehead coach.

Unless there was much more going on he should of played and made the decision in the spring before the draft. Or told them after the season in 2018. There is no way he wasn’t thinking about it after that season. 

We are so dang close. We need to figure out the QB and get some better WR. Then get a future left tackle. Getting these things will fix most other things. When you get the offense right the defense has a lot less pressure. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Unless there was much more going on he should of played and made the decision in the spring before the draft. Or told them after the season in 2018. There is no way he wasn’t thinking about it after that season. 

We are so dang close. We need to figure out the QB and get some better WR. Then get a future left tackle. Getting these things will fix most other things. When you get the offense right the defense has a lot less pressure. 

I agree. At best, it was bad timing by Luck and he wasn't thinking like a professional. At worst, he didn't care, and figured, "I'm Andrew Luck, I can get away with it."

We need a QB more than anything next year, Eason may be the answer, but we can't put all our chips on him. If someone like Zach Wilson from BYU falls to us, we should take him and have a QB competition between him and Eason for the starters job. That's why I wanted Darnold a month ago as well, I figured we could get him without trading the farm to move up and get a franchise QB. I'm lower on him now lol. I'd like to trade down if possible to acquire more picks to fill needs, but I also want more quality players as well. With QB, LT, CB, EDGE, and WR all as needs, this will be an interesting draft to see how things shake out.

Luckily, Ballard does have a high hit rate in the draft, so he has my trust in that department. Remember too, FA will help fill our needs also.

7 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I pointed out they won two Super Bowls with bad QBs.  Playmakers can't do anything if they don't have an effective QB.  Which weaker offenses have won Super Bowls since then? Even the Pats had aging clutch playmakers though they only scored 13 against the Rams.  

Now if you guys are saying our WRs and RBs and TEs are all garbage players, then who would be to blame for that?

Baltimore won those specific years because of their stellar D first and foremost.   Like them we do have playmakers on our team, they just all play on Defense.  

Every skill player on this offense is average or below. Rivers is average he has good games then he has games like this. Aaron Rodgers has more touchdowns than TY Hilton has receptions which is terrible for someone with his pay.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

His timing was inconvenient at best, but he was the one in pain after numerous injuries, and I won't judge him for putting his physical well being above that of the team - at least he was honest with them and walked away vice continuing to take money, while not truly committed to their success, only his health.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree. At best, it was bad timing by Luck and he wasn't thinking like a professional. At worst, he didn't care, and figured, "I'm Andrew Luck, I can get away with it."

We need a QB more than anything next year, Eason may be the answer, but we can't put all our chips on him. If someone like Zach Wilson from BYU falls to us, we should take him and have a QB competition between him and Eason for the starters job. That's why I wanted Darnold a month ago as well, I figured we could get him without trading the farm to move up and get a franchise QB. I'm lower on him now lol. I'd like to trade down if possible to acquire more picks to fill needs, but I also want more quality players as well. With QB, LT, CB, EDGE, and WR all as needs, this will be an interesting draft to see how things shake out.

Luckily, Ballard does have a high hit rate in the draft, so he has my trust in that department. Remember too, FA will help fill our needs also.

We can get Darnold for a 4th round pick in the offseason if we want him. Then hopefully we move our 3rd and get an established receiver like Gallup. 

2 hours ago, Mick12Maher said:

Definitely more on Reich. Can’t adjust. Can’t put players into position besides his 10+ scripted plays to come out. Should’ve made a move at the deadline if they wanted to contend this year. Pretty clear Ballard is fine being mediocre this year and will hopefully make some moves this offseason. 

Who cannot consistently open a hole on 3 and 1?  This Oline is trash in the run game. I actually beleive Reich is losing confidence in the Oline

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballards win loss record is below 500 so I wouldnt say he hits in the draft 

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Hope Eason is the answer 

Whether it's Eason, Darnold, a drafted QB, a FA QB or someone else at random, I just want a QB who is our future guy that can lead us to a QB. It doesn't have to be anyone in particular. Just hit on your guy, and use him correctly. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Luck is the reason why 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Whether it's Eason, Darnold, a drafted QB, a FA QB or someone else at random, I just want a QB who is our future guy that can lead us to a QB. It doesn't have to be anyone in particular. Just hit on your guy, and use him correctly. 

What about Dak?

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe the Ravens were in a funk in the 1st half due to everything that happened the past week. They woke up in the 2nd half and showed how much of a gap there is between them and the Colts.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That is like saying Grigson was a great GM because he was 18 games over .500 in his first 3 years lmao . Andrew Luck was the reason why. What do you think Ballard's record would be had he had a healthy Andrew Luck all his years? Man oh man!

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh boy. You do know most of that is due to losing Luck right? I don't even have to get into his draft classes and explain the hits. He's bad in a few areas such as WR and EDGE, but losing Luck would make any GM go from having a winning record to a losing record. As bad as Grigson was, he had a winning record because of Luck. We never got to enjoy the fruits of Ballards drafts because Luck was out in 2017 (Ballards first year), and he's been gone in 2019 and 2020 (Ballards 3rd and 4th year). No GM would have a winning record. Because of Luck, we have a great team with no QB. The year we did have him under Ballard we were 10-6. Luck ruined this team when he retired.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who cannot consistently open a hole on 3 and 1?  This Oline is trash in the run game. I actually beleive Reich is losing confidence in the Oline

I agree with you on that. Tough to give pass game any respect with rivers tho. Haven’t had anyone respect the run game and I know we have been lacking but easy to stack the box against rivers 

I believe the Ravens were in a funk in the 1st half due to everything that happened the past week. They woke up in the 2nd half and showed how much of a gap there is between them and the Colts.

I dont think there is that much of a gap. We just need to figure this offense out for the future. They wore our defense down because the offense could not score.

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Luck is the reason why 

What about Dak?

What about drafting one? I felt they should have went after their guy this year. They picked at #13 and could have traded up. Now they will have mediocre years with Rivers taking them put of contention to get a franchise qb.  Gives Ballard an exscuse to reset in 2 years and start all over

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is like saying Grigson was a great GM because he was 18 games over .500 in his first 3 years lmao . Andrew Luck was the reason why. What do you think Ballard's record would be had he had a healthy Andrew Luck all his years? Man oh man!

Thats doesn't matter. Ballards job is to build a winning team. All I hear people say is what do u think we would b if we have Luck. We dont have Luck. He has to build a team and look for a qb. That is his job.

12 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

His timing was inconvenient at best, but he was the one in pain after numerous injuries, and I won't judge him for putting his physical well being above that of the team - at least he was honest with them and walked away vice continuing to take money, while not truly committed to their success, only his health.

Then he should of done it in the spring after the season or at least given us one more year. 

Oakland beat the chargers. Dolphins are tied up with the cardinals. The afc is to good this year. 

Colfs 5-3

raiders 5-3

Browns 5-3

dolohins could be 5-3 after their game is over.

With our tough schedule and Reich not understanding how to use his players it’s not looking good. Only two of those teams will make it.

Thats doesn't matter. Ballards job is to build a winning team. All I hear people say is what do u think we would b if we have Luck. We dont have Luck. He has to build a team and look for a qb. That is his job.

That's true, it has become his job now. He tried to patch us up for a year with Rivers while trading our first rounder for Buckner. It has had mixed results. Next year, we have to draft a QB, no excuses. It's a good QB class, and there should be plenty in the first round.

Archived