Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep your head up

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's loss is awful but the Ravens are a very tough playoff caliber team.   Lets try our best to move forward and get ready to play the Titans!    

This is more on Ballard.  He assembled this team through drafting and free agency. He picked this style of D and the D coach. This O line is not getting it done. The offence is playing left handed bec

I believe in the defense. I think they are legit. Especially the run defense.

The offense moving forward is the handicap. The WR position is weak and will be inconsistent all

season. The running game is vanilla and predictable. 

If you’re going to get inconsistent QB play, you could have just got that from Brissett or your rookie. No I’m not calling for a change and I know it’s not going to happen. 

22 minutes ago, stitches said:

I didn't expect much out of this game so I'm not incredibly disappointed. If anything it reinforces what we already know - the offense is incredibly inconsistent and the playcalling has been suspect most of the season. Right now it's the offense that's not pulling its weight and the defense has actually continued to play well even against the better teams we've seen. 

Pretty much what I've been saying.  This defense has proven at this point they are pretty good.  Should be no more debate.  In the second half they were on the field for most of it due to the inability of the offense.  Now imagine if they had just a little more support.  They could be smothering.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

It’s pretty obvious Reich and Rivers both are not getting the job done. Tough to be optimistic after watching today’s game against a team that is dealing with significant injuries. This is one that should’ve went our way but we refuse to beat legit teams. 

we have a first round talent sitting on the bench in eason . kid has a rocket arm and can make every single throw .  after watching rivers lob balls into the air all game with no real arm strength , i really wanna see eason play .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I’m more mystified by our failure to run ball all year ,ultimately that will be our downfall 

The short passing game can be a substitute for the run game, a lot of good teams have shown that. The problem is, we don't have anyone that can threaten teams down the field, so the intermediate routes get squeezed because everyone sits on everything within 20 yards. It took some serious effort with Rivers getting out of the pocket a few times to find guys for long completions.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Today's loss is awful but the Ravens are a very tough playoff caliber team.

Lets try our best to move forward and get ready to play the Titans!

Not going to lie.  I feel very disappointed after this loss although I know Baltimore is a good team.  I’m still not that impressed by Lamar. I feel like the Colts played deflated in the second half.  That bogus interception clear fumble recovery bull crap call changed the game and sapped all the momentum away from the Colts.  Good teams have to find a way to shake it off.  Offense did little in the second half.  I am upset that Frank Reich never went up tempo on offense.  I’m very disappointed because I felt the Colts matched up well with the Ravens and this game was winnable for us.  We let the Ravens off the hook today.  Now we must fight to keep from falling to 5-4 and 2 games behind the Titans in less than a week. 

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Reich and Rivers have been up and down this whole season. Our O line has been fantastic pass blocking, around average maybe below average run blocking. Running backs (taylor) have been horrendous. 

do you notice even with a clean pocket rivers thinks a sack is coming and falls back and wings the ball into the air .

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

These kind of days make me appreciate what we had in Peyton and Luck.  Time to find the next franchise guy.  I like the defense though.

Peyton had Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison.  Rivers has a bunch of no-names right now. 

• Like 1
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think we had one crosser in the first half then none. Where was Hines. 

I said the same thing to my son.  Did he even play?  It seems to me he would have been a perfect weapon for an aggressive blitz-heavy defense.  But I guess I'm dumb.

43 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Today's loss is awful but the Ravens are a very tough playoff caliber team.

Lets try our best to move forward and get ready to play the Titans!

I’m with you. Even though we lost today, the Colts showed they are more than just an average team

They need to clean up some things and put this game behind them. They’re 5-3 and could still take first place Thursday. 

• Like 1

Rivers is really trying his best.  God bless him.  But he is just limited and the Colts can only get but so far with him at QB. This game lets us know how we stack up with the top tier AFC teams.  Ballard must look to upgrade this position during the off-season. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pittman did look the best I’ve seen him yet this year. 

as for the D, we held yet another very explicit offense to 17 points. That’s not terrible. That’s pretty good infact. 

Agree on Pittman for sure.  Hopefully he keeps building on that.  

I actually won’t even put this on Rivers. I think it’s all the play calling. How do you just forget about what Hines did in Detroit. Where were the crossers. There is no misdirection in the run game. Then the defense just got worn out in the second half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the most frustrating thing for me is, when Reich came here, he was supposed to be this offensive minded guru, the brains behind the great philly offense to the superbowl. But outside of a handful of odd gadget plays, (most being on the goal line), I've never seen such a timid, vanilla offense in my life.

I'm fully aware we have a playmaker issue on the offense, don't get me wrong. But the play calling has been abysmal. We constantly run up the gut in 8 and 9 man boxes. Find me an Oline that can block that, and RB's who can average over 4.5 yards doing that. The other team knows whats coming and he doesn't change it. 

Then we finally find a few things that are working (Pittman catching everything thrown in his reach, Cox being uncoverable over the middle, or getting Harris and Hines the ball in open field), he stops doing it! They had no answer for Pittman and Cox over the middle, and I think Pittman was only targeted 5 times.

Last year we thought the play calling was vanilla, and we were so run heavy was Reich knowing Brissett didn't cut it. But now we have a QB, who loves to throw the ball, particularly deep, and we still won't draw anything up outside of one or 2 deep passes off of play action a game. So whats the excuse now?

• Like 2

Football changes week to week, Chiefs almost lost to the Panthers, Panthers missed a FG at the end. Bills beat Seahawks. This can be a strange game. The way I look at it is, we are still 5-3 and still have 4 real winnable games on the schedule = Texans twice, Raiders, and Jags + we play Tennessee twice which is huge. A lot of season left. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Football changes week to week, Chiefs almost lost to the Panthers, Panthers missed a FG at the end. Bills beat Seahawks. This can be a strange game. The way I look at it is, we are still 5-3 and still have 4 real winnable games on the schedule = Texans twice, Raiders, and Jags + we play Tennessee twice which is huge. A lot of season left. 

Yeah, we are seeing that this year all over.  I'm watching this Cowboys-Pitt game and the Cowboys are putting it on them, even though the Steelers will likely win.  You just never know.  All these teams have pros.  

I think what is so frustrating about this game today is the Colts, despite being offensively challenged, outgained the Ravens buy quite a bit, yet lost by 14.  That is preventable.  That's what makes this one sting.

• Like 2

I listen to the game so that i can spend my time in a productive manner while still being able to partake of these games.  

Reich told the media that the JT fumble wouldn't keep him out of the game. 

And then he barely used him..... 

What? 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

One other thing is that drive down and we run the ball with no urgency. WTH was that.

We need to dress Eason and let him play a few plays every game. Maybe he could add something to the offense.

I doubt Eason plays all year unless there is an injury at QB, JB is the backup. 

Don’t worry cuz we might get Campbell back soon and we’ve seen what a playmaker her can be for this offense. Oh wait.....

Well TY shouldn’t miss too much time with the groin and we know what he was

doing pre-injury. Oh wait....

But that electric running game. Oh wait...

Plenty reason for optimism with this offense moving forward 

The Colts are not going to win anything, or build for the future, with Phillip Rivers as Qb.  I love the guy as a person but his arm is so weak, and his mobility is so non existent, that it is a huge hindrance to the offense.   I lost track today of how many times he either threw a wounded duck due to a lack of arm strength or an errant pass because he was on the run and didn't have enough speed to escape a tackle. 

I just do not see the rationale in starting a qb who you either:

Don't have a chance to win a SB with, and with Rivers they realistically do not.

or...

You are not using to build something for the future.

Today's rookie Qbs do not need the time on the bench that qbs used to need 20 to 30 years ago.  Look at Herbert, Burrow, Tua today, even the Dallas Qb, their young 4th stringer, has been a shot in the arm for the Dallas offense and is playing great today.

And before I say this, let me say that Brissett is not the present nor the future so to me is isn't even in play here.

IMO you give Eason the 2nd string reps in practice this week, and if Rivers doesn't do anything Thursday?  You put him in.  If Rivers just plays 'ok' and you lose Thursday?  You give Eason the staring reps the following week in practice and see if he can inject some life into the offense.  Rivers just cannot do much for you anymore.  There is no life, no spark, no chance for any big plays or making plays off of a broken play.

So put in Eason, see how he does, and it either gives you some life and if not?  You know what you have going into next year and can make plans for a new qb accordingly.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Don’t worry cuz we might get Campbell back soon and we’ve seen what a playmaker her can be for this offense. Oh wait.....

Well TY shouldn’t miss too much time with the groin and we know what he was

doing pre-injury. Oh wait....

But that electric running game. Oh wait...

Plenty reason for optimism with this offense moving forward 

I would of thrown that 2nd round pick for Gallup :Cry:

14 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I listen to the game so that i can spend my time in a productive manner while still being able to partake of these games.  

Reich told the media that the JT fumble wouldn't keep him out of the game. 

And then he barely used him..... 

What? 

I think Frank is a  nice guy.

A quality head coach, motivator, and play caller imo....he is not.

I will leave it at that.

• Like 2
Just now, runthepost said:

I would of thrown that 2nd round pick for Gallup :Cry:

Ballard has done and an excellent job with the defense and special teams. However, offensively at the skilled positions. He def has work to do. WR and TE, are screaming for help

• Like 1

I try to give Reich the benefit of the doubt but he continues to struggle with his play calling, predictability and failure to make half time adjustments.  Harbaugh out coached him today.  The good coaches will continue to do so.  He is turning out to be JAC.  Nothing special.  He will probably win enough games to keep his job.  Rivers could win us a SB if he had a good coach.  He's missing that WR playmaker but even without it he could win with better coaching and game planning.  You don't dominate the 1st half and then suddenly do a complete 180.  Harbaugh made adjustments that worked.  Reich didn't.  In the second half you don't kick the FG to make it an 8 pt game.  Instead you run up the middle against the best run defense in the league.  Seriously. 

• Thanks 1

Reich called most of the second half like he had a shot QB out there.

Not that I haven’t questioned Rivers arm, I think it’s suspect at times, but the amount of screens were annoying. The amount of 2nd and long runs to put Rivers in a bad spot, even more annoying. 

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I try to give Reich the benefit of the doubt but he continues to struggle with his play calling, predictability and failure to make half time adjustments.  Harbaugh out coached him today.  The good coaches will continue to do so.  He is turning out to be JAC.  Nothing special.  He will probably win enough games to keep his job.  Rivers could win us a SB if he had a good coach.  He's missing that WR playmaker but even without it he could win with better coaching and game planning.  You don't dominate the 1st half and then suddenly do a complete 180.  Harbaugh made adjustments that worked.  Reich didn't.  In the second half you don't kick the FG to make it an 8 pt game.  Instead you run up the middle against the best run defense in the league.  Seriously. 

Harbaugh would outcoach Reich 99 times out of 100. The 1 time out of 100 is when Lamar would get injured during the game. That didn't happen today.

6 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

We just played them. They won a super bowl with a useless QB.  TWICE!

The offense that had Boldin, Smith and Rice? The same offense that scored 24, 38, 28, 34 in the playoffs and dropped 55 points during the regular season

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt Eason plays all year unless there is an injury at QB, JB is the backup. 

I know I just don’t agree with it. We need to see what he can do and that means letting him play a couple plays a game.

• Haha 1