Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How long should River leash be? (merge)

Nesjan3

How long should Rivers leash be?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How long should Rivers leash be before Jacoby goes in?

• He is done Jacoby should start next week.
    • One more bad outing
    • Multiple more bad outings
    • He is the starter till the end
    • Other

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish he wasn’t here at all. 4 TDs in 5 games is awfulllll. He might be more immobile than Brady at this point in their career. 

He can’t even throw the ball 30 yards with zip on it! I truly don’t understand why he was brought here.

His mistakes have costed us two games thus far 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I wish he wasn’t here at all. 4 TDs in 5 games is awfulllll. He might be more immobile than Brady at this point in their career. 

He can’t even throw the ball 30 yards with zip on it! I truly don’t understand why he was brought here.

His mistakes have costed us two games thus far 

The other option is Jacoby. 

Phillip Rivers gets this season.   Unless he gets hurt.    Otherwise.....

The biggest problems we have are elsewhere...    an under-achieving O-line and now a lack of weapons.   We lost to a good team, there’s no shame here. 

But it’s a long season...   a little patience and confidence would help around here....  

Just now, coming on strong said:

i dont get the people who picked until the season is over .  So if rivers the next 10 games throws 4 or 5 picks a game averages 150 passing yards 1 touchdown and a 30 QBR  and loses 11 games in a row .  You wouldnt wanna put eason in for the last game ?

if that happened Jacoby would start

1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

They’ve got to start him all year but I’m glad people are coming around. I said before the the year he was cooked and got reamed. I’ll gladly accept apologies from everyone who personally attacked me.

you were right , i never thought rivers was good though . i just thought our wide receivers were not as bad . i still dont think they are i think rivers just is horrible

He is the best option we have and unfortunately the best option during the off-season. I wasn’t comfortable with trading up for Tua or Herbert bc the price would of been too high and Love was an absolute no.  

Really no choice but to roll with Rivers to the end. Decent chance we will make the playoffs but just missing them is also very realistic.  It’s a QB driven league and we have an average guy leading the huddle. If the ground game can get going and the defense continues to get better we can make the playoffs and win a game or two.  These young guys need to step up and help carry the team. I’ve been saying for months this team is average but has potential.  Going to have games like this 

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

He is the best option we have and unfortunately the best option during the off-season. I wasn’t comfortable with trading up for Tua or Herbert bc the price would of been too high and Love was an absolute no.  

Really no choice but to roll with Rivers to the end. Decent chance we will make the playoffs but just missing them is also very realistic.  It’s a QB driven league and we have an average guy leading the huddle. If the ground game can get going and the defense continues to get better we can make the playoffs and win a game or two.  These young guys need to step up and help carry the team. I’ve been saying for months this team is average but has potential.  Going to have games like this 

Oh you don’t think Brady or Cam Newton were better options?

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Eason couldn't do  worse  than rivers

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

how does that make sense jacoby is off the team next year.  eason is the future , if the colts are out of the playoffs why play someone who is not gonna be here instead of giving reps to the future QB . 

There's literally no reason to rush Eason into starting

Archived