Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How long should River leash be? (merge)

Nesjan3

How long should Rivers leash be?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How long should Rivers leash be before Jacoby goes in?

• He is done Jacoby should start next week.
    • One more bad outing
    • Multiple more bad outings
    • He is the starter till the end
    • Other

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

go watch rivers post press video .  tell me this man is a leader , he blames every one but himself . then gets a attitude with the media saying that is the answer you will get like a little kid.    he is not a leader , he picks fights with the other team all the time even when his play is bad .   his attitude is why i did not wanna sign him .  we need a leader i would take brady over him.  go watch brady after a loss then go watch rivers new post video that just came out .

Now you are trashing his post press conference?

We lost it sucks but as I said before 

Everything will be ok

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Rivers made one good throw, he isn’t washed! It was cold in Antarctica today, so global warming isn’t real. Lay off the personal insults. If you think I don’t watch football or I’m ignorant to the game because I don’t agree with you and the minority, that says more about you than me.

Personal insults? Twitter seems to be your only back up. And you're constantly offering up hot takes, like your latest "Eason will never start" lol. That's not me insulting you, that's you making a hot take.

In short you just hot taked  "Rivers never goes long without a wide open receiver". You said that. I provided a very recent example where you were wrong. Don't get bent out of shape because someone proves your wrong. 

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

So he's the reason we were backed up against our end zone, resulting in the safety? I don't think so! And if whomever he was throwing to had cut out like he expected instead of ibn, it really wouldn't have mattered that we were way back there because even if that pass wasn't caught, it wouldn't have been a grounding penalty.

An experienced QB like him wpuld of done the right thing like throw it out of bounds. Maybe even throw it low to a check down. It should of been a run play (on the coaching staff), but I t wasn't and he should of handled it accordingly.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes but the defense gave up 23.  They don’t do that and Rivers 9 points don’t matter.  That’s his point there is blame to go around and while Rivers 100% deserves his share he’s not solely to blame.  

With that said the point that he hasn’t put the team on his back and carried them to a win is also very true.

Agreed, although the defense made a valiant effort today and gave our offense multiple extra chances to catch up.

Just now, KB said:

An experienced QB like him wpuld of done the right thing like throw it out of bounds. Maybe even throw it low to a check down. It should of been a run play (on the coaching staff), but I t wasn't and he should of handled it accordingly.

In fairness he did throw it out of bounds.  It was obvious he was throwing it away that was part of the problem with that play.  I agree with Archaletta (man that feels dirty) if he doesn’t throw it away he’s getting sacked there anyways he didn’t have time to go through his progressions to find a check down.  That play was set up by a bad decision to field a punt inside the 10, frank calling a pass there, bad protection, and Rivers chucking it away.  There were a lot of reasons for that play.  

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Agreed, although the defense made a valiant effort today and gave our offense multiple extra chances to catch up.

They did but also failed to get off the field at the end of the game.  The defense played great for most of the second half which is far more than I can say for the offense but also failed in crunch time.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes but the defense gave up 23.  They don’t do that and Rivers 9 points don’t matter.  That’s his point there is blame to go around and while Rivers 100% deserves his share he’s not solely to blame.  

With that said the point that he hasn’t put the team on his back and carried them to a win is also very true.  Honestly I think the Colts would have the same record right now if they had just stuck with Jacoby.

Maybe not 100% but he deserves the bulk. The defense kept hope in the game. Aside from the one special teams play that are what gave me hope when all was lost. Rivers was the one that kept giving them momentum and made most fans lose hope on the game with the picks and safety. The defence gave up points but Rivers sure didn't give any.

9 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Maybe the blog boys at bleacher report, there isn’t a talent evaluator in the NFL who did, as evidenced by one going 6th and the other in the 4th round.

Eason won't be good until Kravitz, or Cowherd says he is, right? lol

And IIRC, both Kravitz and Keefer were optimistic about Eason....lol. Keffer needs to stop tweeting about nuts though.

It's funny how you use Kravitz and Keefer in one argument, but probably will also not acknowledge anything good from them either. 

Neither of us can say he will, or won't be good at this point. Neither can Cowherd, Kravitz, or Keefer.

1 minute ago, KB said:

Maybe not 100% but he deserves the bulk. The defense kept hope in the game. Aside from the one special teams play that are what gave me hope when all was lost. Rivers was the one that kept giving them momentum and made most fans lose hope on the game with the picks and safety. The defence gave up points but Rivers sure didn't give any.

Again not excusing his performance.  The Colts are not getting what they paid for in Rivers.  However the defense had its struggles today as well and just because they were better than the offense doesn’t excuse that.

10 minutes ago, KB said:

He did throw it out of bounds on that play, the problem was that no Colts eligible receiver was anywhere near.

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

that is part of being a leader .  you cant throw your team under the bus after playing bad .  then pick a fight with the media

I just watched the presser. How did he throw his team under the bus? He said TOs cost us the game. Said without the P6 and S, we probably win the game. Did I miss something?

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I just watched the presser. How did he throw his team under the bus? He said TOs cost us the game. Said without the P6 and S, we probably win the game. Did I miss something?

I agree he took it on himself.  I think he was frustrated with the loss and his play which lead to him being short but if he wasn’t that way people would be here ripping him for not caring that they lost.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree he took it on himself.  I think he was frustrated with the loss and his play which lead to him being short but if he wasn’t that way people would be here ripping him for not caring that they lost.

Yup. I have zero problem with him being mad, or short. He didn't throw his OL, pass catchers, or RB under the bus at all. Even though he was under pressure a lot. 

Jacoby was shorter last year a couple times. 

15 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

He did throw it out of bounds on that play, the problem was that no Colts eligible receiver was anywhere near.

That is a problem. Especially for an experienced QB.

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

7 minutes ago, KB said:

That is a problem. Especially for an experienced QB.

Bad Philip! He threw the ball to where he thought his tight end would be and since the guy cut in instead of out, that makes our experienced QB the villain on that play, and on the day. 

51 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Maybe the blog boys at bleacher report, there isn’t a talent evaluator in the NFL who did, as evidenced by one going 6th and the other in the 4th round.

So the reason Eason can’t be a starter is that no one else took him before the fourth round. I see. Not sure why we bothered then. 

56 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

My goodness. We have a famous sports reporter in our midst. As you can see he is including himself with these sports reporters as one of the brilliant minds of the game. 

He has stated under no uncertain terms that Eason will never be a starting QB in the league so Ballard listen carefully.

He will probably start a few games at some point in his career but he will never be the guy. He got beat out at Georgia (by Jake Fromm, nonetheless) struggled at Washington and fell in the draft because he is a legit prospect. My bad.

52 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Personal insults? Twitter seems to be your only back up. And you're constantly offering up hot takes, like your latest "Eason will never start" lol. That's not me insulting you, that's you making a hot take.

In short you just hot taked  "Rivers never goes long without a wide open receiver". You said that. I provided a very recent example where you were wrong. Don't get bent out of shape because someone proves your wrong. 

How is saying a 4th round QB will never be a full starting QB in the NFL a hot take? And one example doesn’t prove someone wrong, remember? Like when I mentioned Rivers was 0-8 in games where has 40+ pass attempts in a game over the last two years and you moved the goal posts to say that “only 25% of games where QB’s have that many pass attempts result in a win” and then I mentioned multiple QB’s who excelled in those scenarios over the same time frame but, me, being the * that I am, didn’t realize those guys are way better than Rivers so it doesn’t count. So instead we just pretend the numbers are worthless because he’s terrible in situations where average QB’s are bad? Kind of like that?

50 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Eason won't be good until Kravitz, or Cowherd says he is, right? lol

And IIRC, both Kravitz and Keefer were optimistic about Eason....lol. Keffer needs to stop tweeting about nuts though.

It's funny how you use Kravitz and Keefer in one argument, but probably will also not acknowledge anything good from them either. 

Neither of us can say he will, or won't be good at this point. Neither can Cowherd, Kravitz, or Keefer.

No not at all, just saying it’s low hanging fruit when even those guys recognize. Out of all of my posts I site them once and you act like I use that for the basis of all my evaluations? Did you ever watch Eason play college football? Or do you strictly just watch the Colts?

8 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

So the reason Eason can’t be a starter is that no one else took him before the fourth round. I see. Not sure why we bothered then. 

No he probably won’t be a starter because he struggles with accuracy and supposedly his work ethic is suspect. That’s why he went in the 4th round. That’s why he lost his job to Jake Fromm of all people.

3 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

No he probably won’t be a starter because he struggles with accuracy and supposedly his work ethic is suspect. That’s why he went in the 4th round. That’s why he lost his job to Jake Fromm of all people.

That was the old eason.

6 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

There has been nothing but praise for Eason work ethic so far. He is staying after practice and working with Brady and watching film. There doesn’t seem to be any work ethic questions so far.

How is saying a 4th round QB will never be a full starting QB in the NFL a hot take?

Easy. It's a hot take because it's nothing but a guess with zero to back it up. 

I'm sure many said that a lot about Brady too, who was picked in the 6th round. Or Wilson, who was mid rounds.

And one example doesn’t prove someone wrong, remember? Like when I mentioned Rivers was 0-8 in games where has 40+ pass attempts in a game over the last two years and you moved the goal posts to say that “only 25% of games where QB’s have that many pass attempts result in a win” and then I mentioned multiple QB’s who excelled in those scenarios over the same time frame but, me, being the * that I am, didn’t realize those guys are way better than Rivers so it doesn’t count. So instead we just pretend the numbers are worthless because he’s terrible in situations where average QB’s are bad? Kind of like that?

Actually, somebody else referenced the 25% to you, and I repeated it, so not sure how I moved the goal post. The person who brought up the 25% originally didn't move the goal post either. The point was, historically throwing a ton, means you're coming from behind, and chances of winning are small to begin with. And I called you out for comparing him to a small sample that included the old goat (Brady) and new goat (Mahomes). I also provided other good QBs who also had very bad records when throwing a lot, which included Manning and Big Ben IIRC. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Easy. It's a hot take because it's nothing but a guess with zero to back it up. 

I'm sure many said that a lot about Brady too, who was picked in the 6th round. Or Wilson, who was mid rounds.

Actually, somebody else referenced the 25% to you, and I repeated it, so not sure how I moved the goal post. The person who brought up the 25% originally didn't move the goal post either. The point was, historically throwing a ton, means you're coming from behind, and chances of winning are small to begin with. And I called you out for comparing him to a small sample that included the old goat (Brady) and new goat (Mahomes). I also provided other good QBs who also had very bad records when throwing a lot, which included Manning and Big Ben IIRC. 

I just stated my case for Eason in another post. He struggled with accuracy, lost his original job to Jake Fromm and was knocked for his work ethic in college. Manning was 8-2 in the same situation in 2013 and 2-4 in 2014 before he fell off the cliff in 2015. Those numbers are a heck of a lot better than what Rivers has produced lately.

Ok so I just got back from an account suspension. So everyone please tell me what have I missed, and was I right about Rivers (Overpaid $25 Mill QB) and was my suspension warranted for speaking FACTS, proven true 1 week later?

Was I right or wrong? thats all. No name calling, no frowning emojis. Just was I right about Rivers (2 INTs, Safety), had way more talent in Chargers and Never did anything with it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Posted March 25

ALL IM SAYING IS, meet me here 1 year from now (baring everything works out with CoronaVirus). AS A MATTER OF FACT,

once the season has played out, can you all do me a favor?... Please generate a post that says "Rackeen305" was right about Philip Rivers, should have saved that money and built the team properly. Philip is trash can water.

I dont know how any can say 38 year old Philip (5-11) was a better QB in 2019 than an injured JB who went (5-2).

-------------------------------------------------------

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

March 26

Rackeen305 replied to MPStack's topic in Colts Football

Was Rivers contact team friendly? NFL teams can cut you at the drop of a hat or not pay you altogether (see Dak Prescott).

And on Oct. 11, 2020 Dak P gets hurt. Am I right or no? I know Dak got paid, but as I mentioned Teams cut ties with players at a drop of a hat. let's see if Dak is in Dallas next year lol.

--------------------------------------------------------

Colts agree to terms with QB Philip Rivers (1 YR Deal)

March 17

So you are hoping that Rivers can return to a particular form from years past? The reason why the Colts have coach Frank Reich is because of Rivers throwing the way he did years past. jmho. At least Brady knows what it takes. And has some kind of championship presence/pedigree. Rivers....rivers....rivers..... Phillip is a Ex-Pro bowler or better version of Ryan Fitzpatrick or Winston. Phillip is not in his prime.

---------------------------------------------------------

River to Colts all but done

March 17

RIVERS HAD 2 GREAT RBS, WRs weapons and a solid D last year. All hes ever done his entire career is throw INTs in the 4th Quarter. Its a complete waste of money. just sign Winston, Bridgewater, or Olineman or WRs or Defensive players. Another caller just said, just sign Winston, a younger version of Rivers.

---------------------------------------------------------

Im not calling or name calling. I just want all the folks who frowned on my post to say, they are here to eat crow. I was right then and to date, Im right.

3 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I just stated my case for Eason in another post. He struggled with accuracy, lost his original job to Jake Fromm and was knocked for his work ethic in college. Manning was 8-2 in the same situation in 2013 and 2-4 in 2014 before he fell off the cliff in 2015. Those numbers are a heck of a lot better than what Rivers has produced lately.

So far Philip Rivers has produced a 3-2 record in 5 games and in the unlikely event we lose next weekend, we'd still be 3-3 which is a heck of a lot better than 2-4. 

14 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

No not at all, just saying it’s low hanging fruit when even those guys recognize. Out of all of my posts I site them once and you act like I use that for the basis of all my evaluations? Did you ever watch Eason play college football? Or do you strictly just watch the Colts?

I've been to probably over 100 college games in my life. Had season tix to ND for many years, UT season tix for about 5 years, have gone to 5+ UGA games probably closer to 10, 5+ GT games, a few Clemson games, a few FSU games, and several others 1x. I follow ND extremely close, close enough to name their depth chart and 2021 recruiting commits. I follow UT pretty close as well. I probably no more about UGA than some UGA fans simply because a few of my best friends are UGA fans. I saw Eason play twice in 2016 between the hedges, and watched UGA almost every week as long as they are not playing at the same time as ND. Full disclosure, I don't remember a ton about Eason's play in 2016. One game I was with TN fans cheering for TN, and the other had to leave in the 2H for a concert.

As far as Kravitz, Keefer, and the rest of the talking heads are concerned, you can't use them conveniently, or only when it fits your narrative. 

10 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Eason lost his job when he got injured in 2017. Most UGA fans wish they had kept both Eason and Fields, and let Fromm go lol. He was a true frosh in 2016 when he took the starting job from a senior. He barely got to play in 2017, getting injured the first game of the year.

Eason funny enough, was drafted before Fromm this year. Eason should have stayed one more year at Washington.

22 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

So far Philip Rivers has produced a 3-2 record in 5 games and in the unlikely event we lose next weekend, we'd still be 3-3 which is a heck of a lot better than 2-4. 

The stats referenced were in games in which he attempts 40+ passes. Out of which he is 0-1 this year and 0-8 back through 2018.

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've been to probably over 100 college games in my life. Had season tix to ND for many years, UT season tix for about 5 years, have gone to 5+ UGA games probably closer to 10, 5+ GT games, a few Clemson games, a few FSU games, and several others 1x. I follow ND extremely close, close enough to name their depth chart and 2021 recruiting commits. I follow UT pretty close as well. I probably no more about UGA than some UGA fans simply because a few of my best friends are UGA fans. I saw Eason play twice in 2016 between the hedges, and watched UGA almost every week as long as they are not playing at the same time as ND. Full disclosure, I don't remember a ton about Eason's play in 2016. One game I was with TN fans cheering for TN, and the other had to leave in the 2H for a concert.

As far as Kravitz, Keefer, and the rest of the talking heads are concerned, you can't use them conveniently, or only when it fits your narrative. 

Cant beat the atmosphere of a college football Saturday in the south, that is for sure! I just referenced them in this instance as you said who else besides me thinks he’s done. There isn’t a positive thing about him on the internet right now. The work ethic issue with Eason is fixable, we’ll see how it plays out but he underachieved at Washington. If he’s humbled by that experience and falling in the draft, he has the tools to make it work, but it usually doesn’t.

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just my general advice, trying to say I told you so on a message board doesn’t make you look smart it just makes you look like an egatistical jerk.  

I mean, but I was right. What else can I say. You were right to frown on my post because you either didn't like my opinion, or dont question any moves the Colts do, or just dont like the fact that I called it? But it doesn't change the fact that I called this in March.

River to Colts all but done

March 17

RIVERS HAD 2 GREAT RBS, WRs weapons and a solid D last year. All hes ever done his entire career is throw INTs in the 4th Quarter. Its a complete waste of money. just sign Winston, Bridgewater,

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Eason lost his job when he got injured in 2017. Most UGA fans wish they had kept both Eason and Fields, and let Fromm go lol. He was a true frosh in 2016 when he took the starting job from a senior. He barely got to play in 2017, getting injured the first game of the year.

Eason funny enough, was drafted before Fromm this year. Eason should have stayed one more year at Washington.

Yeah Fromm basically regressed during his tenure at Georgia and I’ve heard troubling things about him off the field as well. He’s limited in his physical abilities and has admitted he was never a fan of pro football much. For the record, I think Fromm is a future XFL player. Eason has the better tools, he’s gotta find a way to make it work in the NFL though.

Just now, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Cant beat the atmosphere of a college football Saturday in the south, that is for sure! I just referenced them in this instance as you said who else besides me thinks he’s done. There isn’t a positive thing about him on the internet right now. The work ethic issue with Eason is fixable, we’ll see how it plays out but he underachieved at Washington. If he’s humbled by that experience and falling in the draft, he has the tools to make it work, but it usually doesn’t.

He's getting roasted because he threw 2 ints and lost. I'm shocked lol. The internet roasts QBs every week when they play bad. It's not like the twitter mobs provide anything meaningful. 

Archived