Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steal of the draft for the Colts

mirobi48

3 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

Taylor

All things considered, It maybe Eason. I wasn't huge on the Eason bandwagon but considering where we select Eason (4th) and where Taylor was selected (2nd). The fact that CB and the Colts were able to get Eason (4th) it solidified or supported Taylor's selection, making it even better. This is all subject to Eason developing into at least a decent starting QB. 

I’d probably say Eason. As good as Taylor is, he was still taken very high in the 2nd, where top RBs are now usually taken with the devalue on the position. 

Eason was projected to be a 2nd rounder. He was right behind Love as the 4th or 5th best QB in this class. And his talent is among the best in this class. Just has to really be coached up. 

Quite frankly, I liked Eason as much, if not more than Jordan Love, so I would say he is a major steal at 122 versus pick 26. He is excellent value as a qb. None of these qb’s are guaranteed to be anything, we have seen that time and again. We have a shot a developing this guy over the next few years into our franchise quarterback and we were able to get two first round talents (not including the all pro DT Buckner) before him. He’s a steal. 

50 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

E-A-S-O-N.

(At least, I hope so)  :spit:

29 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Based on players college production versus the round we got them in, my top 2:

Rodgers 6th

Eason 4th 

25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Guess it depends what Eason becomes

10 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’d probably say Eason. As good as Taylor is, he was still taken very high in the 2nd, where top RBs are now usually taken with the devalue on the position. 

Eason was projected to be a 2nd rounder. He was right behind Love as the 4th or 5th best QB in this class. And his talent is among the best in this class. Just has to really be coached up. 

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Quite frankly, I liked Eason as much, if not more than Jordan Love, so I would say he is a major steal at 122 versus pick 26. He is excellent value as a qb. None of these qb’s are guaranteed to be anything, we have seen that time and again. We have a shot a developing this guy over the next few years into our franchise quarterback and we were able to get two first round talents (not including the all pro DT Buckner) before him. He’s a steal. 

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

I am hoping it is Easton.

Yep, if Eason is the steal of the draft for the Colts, we've absolutely killed it. To get a franchise QB in the 4th sets you up incredibly well for the immediate future(cheap great talent for at least 3 years) and possibly for the long haul too. 

42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What’s funny is by taking Taylor we probably prevented the jags from taking him. Imagine  jags had drafted him and  we had to deal with him twice a year. Jags probably never expected us to take a RB.

Could done the same with Jones-Drew back in the day:Cry:

42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What’s funny is by taking Taylor we probably prevented the jags from taking him. Imagine  jags had drafted him and  we had to deal with him twice a year. Jags probably never expected us to take a RB.

I agree, he was our steal. Taylor is a beast. Pittman was more needed but went around where everyone expected. I am ok with the Eason pick but I want to see how he plays in pre-season which is a ways off.

In terms of talent, I would say Taylor.  He would typically be a 1st rounder but the way this draft fell, and with the perceived importance of the RB position, the Colts were able to get 1st round talent mid-2nd.  I think he is going to shine.

In terms of value-to-pick, I would go Eason.  Many draftnicks had him going by the 2nd round, and some even had 1st.  So to get him in the 4th round is very good value IMHO.

55 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Guess it depends what Eason becomes

Same could be said for every draft pick. If you get Peyton Manning in the 6th round and he ended up busting, it’s not a steal. Danny Pinter could turn into a real bargain if he does well. 

17 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Buckner with the trade for #13 pick - great pick and quite the steal

Yeah, I don’t see a steal in a player you traded away a 13th pick for and then turned around and paid a max money contract on. That’s not a steal at all, that’s just doing business while improving your team. Had we either got him on a rookie contract for that pick trade or traded a 3rd rounder, you could maybe claim it’s a steal. 

48 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

We just may be pleasantly surprised, I like Eason a lot here are like ewww, but I have watched his tape and yes he needs cleaned up a bit some things corrected but he has a rocket and puts it on the money.  

25 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Same could be said for every draft pick. If you get Peyton Manning in the 6th round and he ended up busting, it’s not a steal. Danny Pinter could turn into a real bargain if he does well. 

I'm talking value wise. You don't find a lot of franchise QBs in the 4th round and beyond

58 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Honestly this has been an amazing draft! There isn’t one player in this draft that I didn’t like. I feel like all of them will make Make an impact at some Point this season (except Eason) 

Eason might do something in the preseason..lol

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

In terms of talent, I would say Taylor.  He would typically be a 1st rounder but the way this draft fell, and with the perceived importance of the RB position, the Colts were able to get 1st round talent mid-2nd.  I think he is going to shine.

In terms of value-to-pick, I would go Eason.  Many draftnicks had him going by the 2nd round, and some even had 1st.  So to get him in the 4th round is very good value IMHO.

Yeah, I agree I also like what Ballard said about his work ethic "He's got to make the team". So to me if that don't make him work hard nothing will.

Buckner's going to be a HUGE boost to our D, but he wasn't truly a draftee. Eason has way too much work to do before we'll have even a clue that he's anything more at the NFL level than a lottery scratch off - perhaps in 2-3 years we will consider him the steal, but not now. Same goes for a couple of the other late rounders. They may eventually be considered to have been steals, but not now.

I think the real steal is getting Pittman and Taylor, two 1st rounders, in the 2nd round. Well done!! 

57 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm talking value wise. You don't find a lot of franchise QBs in the 4th round and beyond

I still don’t see it, not a steal. You said Buckner with our 13th pick was a steal and that’s not what I’d call a steal at all. He is going to be a very good player for us I’d believe but we paid top money and a high finders fee with the 13th over pick. That’s a steep price in my eyes. 

Just now, Jdubu said:

I still don’t see it, not a steal. You said Buckner with our 13th pick was a steal and that’s not what I’d call a steal at all. He is going to be a very good player for us I’d believe but we paid top money and a high finders fee with the 13th over pick. That’s a steep price in my eyes. 

I never said anything about Buckner. Only thing I said was depending on Eason, he could be steal.

7 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Buckner's going to be a HUGE boost to our D, but he wasn't truly a draftee. Eason has way too much work to do before we'll have even a clue that he's anything more at the NFL level than a lottery scratch off - perhaps in 2-3 years we will consider him the steal, but not now. Same goes for a couple of the other late rounders. They may eventually be considered to have been steals, but not now.

I think the real steal is getting Pittman and Taylor, two 1st rounders, in the 2nd round. Well done!! 

I still would say that on paper, Eason is the steal for us. He may need at least 1 full season and another offseason but if he puts in the work and if he takes to instruction like a sponge, he could be at least a top 10 QB in the league and I will take that and a solid defense and a solid running game everyday.

As I’ve said in another post, I’d really like for Manning to get a hold of him and kind of walk him through the paces he recalls as a rookie. I don’t expect another QB who eats, sleeps and breathes 24/7 football like Peyton did, but I’d like to see a legend work with Eason a bit to hep kick start him into what a legend of a QB worked like. Could be good or it could be overwhelming, idk but I think it would be worth it to try. 

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I never said anything about Buckner. Only thing I said was depending on Eason, he could be steal.

My bad, that was another poster who said that about Buckner. Lol, I was like why in the world are you bringing up Eason lol. 

Archived