Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard for Leonard?

cdgacoltsfan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how do you know that Darius will be wanting to break the bank? 

Honestly, just looking from the outside, if there were a player up for negotiation who would not break the bank on this team it would be Leonard. He seems like a team first guy.

I know that its two different positions but the Colts as an organization has always been enamored with making Luck the highest paid at his position. Will be interesting to see how they work things out for Leonard, who's easily the best Colts at his position in at least 30 years.  

This thread already had the look of shameless clickbait before I was unfortunate enough to do it anyway.  In my world, the only Leonard the poster could possibly be discussing is Leonard Williams.  Not sure why we'd do that after adding Buckner, but let's take a look.

I read one sentence before spending the next terrifying 60 seconds wondering if my newly formed Forrest Whitaker eye was ever going to go away.  

After seeing the torches and pitchforks come out in the first few replies I started to feel bad for the OP.  At this point you have to consider that maybe this was simply a genius ploy to stir up muddy waters for a laugh.  That was until he reappeared to begin defending his position on the subject.  

Leonard Fournette is lazy and volatile, perhaps the direct antithesis to what most knowledgeable Colts fans understand our team's culture to be.  I don't think the poster meant any harm, but I can absolutely see why people would take exception to what appears to be a stunning lack of common knowledge possessed by most in the Colts community.  Glad to see that there's a regard for accountability in Colts forums.  

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Most of you are forgetting that Darius will be seeking a break the bank contract next year. We drafted Bobby O for a reason last year.

Not only did you double down on your original horrendous idea, you then suggest that okereke was drafted to REPLACE Leonard.  Whiskey tango foxtrot is wrong with you????? 

13 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Arguably the best young LB in the league vs a virtual bust RB.

Yeah that seems like a fair trade...

Tbf Leonard Fournette had 1200 ish rushing yards and 73 receptions last year. Dudes good, but still not good enough for a straight Leonard for Leonard trade

14 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Should we consider trading Darius L for Leonard F? LF and Marlon would be a lethal combo of power and speed. Thoughts?

Thanks for the laugh. The scenario rates LF a 9 when he is more of a 4-5. CB Will add a RB in rd 5-6 that is better.
  It goes without saying DL WILL Expect to be the highest paid at his position.
And that Okereke right now would get his snaps if he doesn't play. And he would play that position VERY well.

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Thanks for the laugh. The scenario rates LF a 9 when he is more of a 4-5. CB Will add a RB in rd 5-6 that is better.
  It goes without saying DL WILL Expect to be the highest paid at his position.
And that Okereke right now would get his snaps if he doesn't play. And he would play that position VERY well.

This thread needs to be framed as pure greatness :thmup:

35 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Another mental Giant.

Washington is looking for minds like his.

Hey, Chris, this is Harry,  the Redskins maintenance guy. Mr. Snyder wanted me to call you.  We’re  putting together a 12 team trade where we add our final missing piece,  Leonard Fournette, with Adrian Peterson for the greatest RB tandem of all time. The holdup is the Jags are asking  for Darius Leonard. Now, Everybody knows you already   have Bobby Okereke. 

18 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Total tackles:284

Sacks:12.0

Forced fumbles:6

Fumble recoveries:2

Interceptions:7

Pass deflections:15

Defensive touchdowns:1

Those number are amazing for 2 seasons.   Add in that it is missing 3 games from 2019.  

Leonard will cost a fortune to keep once his contract is due.  Probably worth every penny.  

49 minutes ago, Myles said:

Those number are amazing for 2 seasons.   Add in that it is missing 3 games from 2019.  

Leonard will cost a fortune to keep once his contract is due.  Probably worth every penny.  

Just adding onto to what you said.  CB always talks about building a strong locker room and building through the draft.  In order to do that, when you draft that player that is a good locker room guy and great on the field, then you keep them.  If you get rid of players like that then you are not building a team through the draft, you're just drafting well.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Just adding onto to what you said.  CB always talks about building a strong locker room and building through the draft.  In order to do that, when you draft that player that is a good locker room guy and great on the field, then you keep them.  If you get rid of players like that then you are not building a team through the draft, you're just drafting well.

I agree.   Although you cannot always keep those players.  You have to pick and choose.  I think Leonard is one that you choose to keep.  I see him becoming the QB on the defense more and more.  

27 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Yes,please do. You guys are really starting to hurt my feelings.

Look at it this way, you are getting tons of attention lol. It is all in fun but your trade proposal is just a head scratcher. I would trade a 4th round pick for Fournette. That would be a good trade scenario. Fournette behind our O.Line would probably play well but Leonard is an all-pro and the heart of our defense.

18 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Most of you are forgetting that Darius will be seeking a break the bank contract next year. We drafted Bobby O for a reason last year.

We drafted Okereke to play alongside Leonard, not to replace him.

Darius Leonard is only 24 years old and Okereke is 23. Leonard will get the most money in history for a linebacker and will deserve every penny of it. We won't have cap issues any time soon with the way the Colts play the salary cap game.

Darius Leonard has played 2 seasons and been an All-Pro both years. There is no justifiable reason to trade him for Leonard Fournette.

58 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Reading comprehension is lacking on this forum....I said "Should we"  not ...We should. There is a difference.

...and most have said it is a terrible idea.

By the way, you also posted "Most of you are forgetting that Darius will be seeking a break the bank contract next year. We drafted Bobby O for a reason last year."

24 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

...and most have said it is a terrible idea.

By the way, you also posted "Most of you are forgetting that Darius will be seeking a break the bank contract next year. We drafted Bobby O for a reason last year."

Which of those statements do you have an issue with?

Archived