Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trying to move up to the top 5?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, twfish said:

Raiders are a no. It has been stated several times and enough instances that the he dislikes young QB's. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They might not jump into top 5, however they could have same plan some think the Colts do. Grab a vet like Brady and take the QB to sit and learn from. That's where teams like the Lions, Dolphins, Bucs, Panthers, and Colts fit in. Chargers will start whatever QB they take, but the rest could have the sit behind another starter plan.

id be surprised if it happens but ive been saying for months that i hope we trade up and draft either tua or herbert.  

im not going to look at the chart right now but something like our first, second and next years first might do it.  maybe just two firsts 

2 hours ago, twfish said:

Raiders are a no. It has been stated several times and enough instances that the he dislikes young QB's. 

Yeah, and when the He says it, you can take it to the bank.  I've always admired that about the He.  Quality man.  Never beats around the bush that the He.  

1 minute ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

I would be all for moving up to get Herbert but Ballard doesn’t seem like the type of GM that would trade up. It could ultimately be his downfall as a GM. 

It's risky and can make or break your franchise 

Make: Chiefs trading up for Mahomes 

Break: Bears trading up for Trubisky

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

It's risky and can make or break your franchise 

Make: Chiefs trading up for Mahomes 

Break: Bears trading up for Trubisky

Good point. Have heard others say this could be a defining year for Ballard. How do you upgrade the QB position? Do you get aggressive if you think there is a QB is worth the cost to move up ala Mahomes?

Keep Jacoby for one more year and draft a QB to sit for a year? Release Jacoby and bring in a vet QB for 2 yrs - give yourself 2 drafts to find the QB of the future - maybe still draft a QB to sit.

I think you got to either draft a QB or bring in a vet QB. Unless the master plan is draft BPA and tank next year for Lawrence. 

I am praying we don't draft Tua or Herbert. If we do we are screwed IMO. Tua = too many injuries, Herbert too laid back, doesn't fit our team. Both will be huge busts IMO and playing  the piano like Joey Harrington in 3 years , GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, I want to trade for Carr or sign Rivers for 2 years. I would be ok with drafting Jordan Love as well. He looks to me as the 2nd best QB in this draft behind Burrow.

A pretty good scenario would be sign Rivers for 2 years, draft Love with the 13th so he can be groomed, take a 3Tech with the 34th, take a WR with the 44th. The Colts would really be interesting then. 

I think Love will be there at 13.  People are in love with Herbert and Tua, have at it I say haha 

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A pretty good scenario would be sign Rivers for 2 years, draft Love with the 13th so he can be groomed, take a 3Tech with the 34th, take a WR with the 44th. The Colts would really be interesting then. 

I think Love will be there at 13.  People are in love with Herbert and Tua, have at it I say haha 

Sign rivers take a top wr, hurts and dt

If the stats about our average WRs getting as much separation as any team are accurate, then moving up for a premier QB would be a waste of capital, IMO. 

He certainly would not have to make that many "tight window" throws.

Trading down in a deep WR class to get WRs that can score TDs after getting that separation, (aka not Pascal, Rogers, or Inman) and a play maker RB who can score a TD by catching a swing pass (aka not Mack) would yield more TDs, IMO. 

After signing Rivers or trading for a vet of course.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am praying we don't draft Tua or Herbert. If we do we are screwed IMO. Tua = too many injuries, Herbert too laid back, doesn't fit our team. Both will be huge busts IMO and playing  the piano like Joey Harrington in 3 years , GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, I want to trade for Carr or sign Rivers for 2 years. I would be ok with drafting Jordan Love as well. He looks to me as the 2nd best QB in this draft behind Burrow.

I think because of TUA injuries and not being as athletic as Love you are right about him being the second best QB.  His upside is even higher then Burrow. Whether a coach can bring that out we will see.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hurts will be like the other 2 I mentioned, Piano time :funny:

Let’s be real. You are making fun of Harrington when you really mean Luck. Smart, sensitive and is looking at old architecture as we speak. 

16 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

If Tua is healthy he will prove he’s better than Love. 

If healthy he is most likely better than Burrow and A LOT better than Love 

but he’s a lefty so that makes  needing a legit RT for his blindside 

15 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Two words: smoke.......screen.  OK, it should be one.  But it's two words put together.

"The wind knows not the intent; it only serves to carry the words."

'

The wind can also blow that smoke up one’s ......

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Agree with this strategy. If we don’t have to trade up for love, that’s how we should draft. 

15 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

HA .  Exactly .  Who the hell is sportsnaut? and most importantly why do they have any followers    

Anyone notice if you spell sportsnaut backward it spells.... “tua ns trops”.

Tua Never Sees TROPicS.

There you have it.  He won’t be drafted by miami. 

Archived