Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Dolphins Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

His greatness and past exploits gives him more of a leash or benefit of the doubt.  Ballard/Reich have already essentially said this.   I think that is unsound thinking that will come back to bite them this season. 

Already has. He has certainly been responsible for at least two losses. This looks large today.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, James said:

Vinny terrible as always this season. Pathetic how many PATs and FGs this guy misses.

Watch the Dolphins get a FG and take the lead.

Easy prediction.

Vinny must retire by choice. Or Irsay will have to terminate his contract.

Vinny will be the reason the Colts lose another game.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

And you didn’t feel nervous every time he took the field? I am more often surprised he makes them these days. Loyalty to an aging veteran beyond his prime is foolishness. 

Yeah,   I'm sure you're a better talent evaluator of talent than Ballard.    

2 minutes ago, CobraKai344 said:

If we lose bc Of that he needs to be gone tomorrow for good.

And again, replace him with what?  You can't just cut him in the middle of the season without a plan to replace him.

And also, whether or not they win or lose should not dictate whether or not they cut him.  His performance on its own should be what drives that decision.

7 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

The only thing anyone is going to agree on is that you have zero idea of what you are talking about.

I guess u will b proven right when his contract comes up for an extension and the Colts sign him for 20 million a year!! I guess at that time we will truly see how the Colts value him.  So till that time u r so right and he is a top 5 lb in this league. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Will you thank him when he hits the game winner?

He hasn’t yet has he?  Though he did miss the game winning field goal last week in Pittsburgh that would have beat one of the teams I despise the most.    

I won’t thank him actually because in my opinion he owes the team to do his job...especially when his incompetence puts us in that situation in the first place. 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Pass rush.     That is the key.  Control the line.  Make him make plays.  Make him uncomfortable.  Hey, if he Stroud beats us with his talent and we’re making him complete these great plays, then chalk it up to the game.  But we can’t allow him (and any other qb) to be comfortable and pick us apart.     I hope we see our front 4 provide that pressure because that will make everything else much easier.  I honestly believe we have the corners for our scheme in Moore, Brents, and jones.  But we don’t have the pressure.  Or the FS unfortunately.  Our corners jobs in this scheme isn’t to run step for step with wide receivers.  It’s to stick with them and prevent YAC.  Moore is the best nickel in the game, Jones was one of the best corners PERIOD in preventing YAC, and I think a healthy Brents will be good too.
    • Agreed.  After this last off season, I kind of give Ballard a pass on taking long to find a certified DE (if Latu pans out).  Like QBs, they don’t grow on trees.  You either have to draft one high, get lucky with one in the draft, or sign one in FA for loads of cash.  All I can ask for him as GM to do is try.  He hasn’t been perfect by any means but at least he’s tried with the DE position specifically.   i also think Shane being here has changed his thinking.  Before, Ballard might’ve went with Turner due to the higher upside.  But maybe Shane differs and wants proven players.     Either way, I’m glad we possibly have our stud at a premium position for the next 5 years at a cheap rate.     And gotta thank the Falcons for us landing Latu.  Lol
    • Sure, but I know you're smart enough to get the gist of this post - a potent offense is more important than a good defense.     Today's NFL favors the O in the rule book and encourages scoring.  D's have to hang in there and most play it safe.   Of course, it's simple, of course it's not easy to have an elite O, and of course it doesn't always lead to wins.  But, in my opinion, it's the way a GM should build a team.  (Yes, I know about the Manning years.  That's another conversation)
    • How to beat the Texans and every other team? With a stick!
  • Members

• smittywerb

smittywerb 1,500

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 87

• Creekside

Creekside 779

• ADnum1

ADnum1 3,209

• John Waylon

John Waylon 5,271

• ClaytonColt