Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers

Four2itus

They are missing Big Ben, which is going to have them at least a little out of step . In addition I don't think they have much if any experience against our new Quarterback, which gives us another slight edge. I also believe that our team mates are highly motivated and confident, having come off some recent wins. Lastly I don't think they have much experience dealing with Reich , which is another nice thought ! I believe that it will be a close game, but I think we will come away with the WIN !!! Yay !!!! Chip !!! ( Sorry. That is what my parrot Beowulf yells when the Colts score !! )

Steelers have one of the best rushing Olines in football. That is my biggest concern. They have everything to beat us in the trenches. Was really disappointed how we were manhandled against the Broncos most of the game yesterday. That very well could be what happens next week. Their D is getting better as well and hope JB is ready for all the movement that they use to confuse offenses. Considering our track record and playing in Pittsburgh, feeling real uneasy about this one no matter who their QB is. Want to beat them so bad. My best friend is a Steelers fan and counting all the ones I work with, would be sweet to take them to the woodshed for once!

Rick Vinturi was just on JMV. He said on defense they tend to keep things simpler then in the past. He said on third down that is where they get more exotic. Broncos did a lot of different stuff to create a pass rush. We will see if the Steelers can do it.

No matter what happens we would be 3-1 in the quarter if we lose. That’s pretty dang good.

57 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

Was really disappointed how we were manhandled against the Broncos most of the game yesterday.

Their two RB's combined for 99 yards and they averaged 3.75 per carry. Everyone has their own semantics, but I would not call that manhandled. 

16 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Yep....kinda hope Pitt doesn't lose because that means they'll be embarrassed and will go all out against the Colts.....like How Denver was yesterday...a week after getting blown out by KC.

Or maybe they have  given up and are just a bad team. Their defense and offense looks bad. How do you let Miami get all that pressure. I mean they only have one more win then Miami.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Or maybe they have  given up and are just a bad team. Their defense and offense looks bad. How do you let Miami get all that pressure. I mean they only have one more win then Miami.

I prefer we not care how they play rather have the Colts just play the best game THEY can play and I like our chances . I do not even read the opponents injury report …...ever ! …….GO COLTS !!!!!

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The game is in Pittsburgh.   We just need to win.   Even if it’s by one.  Even if it’s by an Adam Vinatieri FG as time runs out.    

Seriously.   Honestly. 

I am also so sick of some saying we are winning because of a weak schedule. That the teams we are playing have key injuries. That is so crap because I can come back and say we don't have Andrew Luck to counter that. Not our fault Brissett turned out good lmao . Before the season started almost everyone in here said our schedule was so tough that with Luck we would be lucky to win 10 games. Most People said 10 or 11 wins at most with Luck.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am also so sick of some saying we are winning because of a weak schedule. That the teams we are playing have key injuries. That is so crap because I can come back and say we don't have Andrew Luck to counter that. Not our fault Brissett turned out good lmao . Before the season started almost everyone in here said our schedule was so tough that with Luck we would be lucky to win 10 games. Most People said 10 or 11 wins at most with Luck.

Hey....    I was one of those predicting 10-11 with Luck.

So some fall off with Brissett seemed reasonable to me.   I’m widely on record predicting roughly 8-8 with 9 wins being the possible ceiling.

Now 10-11 wins seems quite possible this season.   If it happens I will be thrilled to be wrong.   I’m always happy to dine on crow when it’s good for the Colts.  

• Like 4

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

So some fall off with Brissett seemed reasonable to me.   I’m widely on record predicting roughly 8-8 with 9 wins being the possible ceiling.

Now 10-11 wins seems quite possible this season.   If it happens I will be thrilled to be wrong.   I’m always happy to dine on crow when it’s good for the Colts.  

I said 8-8 with Brissett before the season, I will eat crow as well haha . The point of my post though was we lost a great QB in Andrew but some still say we are winning because other teams have had injuries. I mean we lost Andrew for cry out and loud. I have to admit JB is much better than I thought though. I had him 25-30th ranked before the season. I have him around 15th now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said 8-8 with Brissett before the season, I will eat crow as well haha . The point of my post though was we lost a great QB in Andrew but some still say we are winning because other teams have had injuries. I mean we lost Andrew for cry out and loud. I have to admit JB is much better than I thought though. I had him 25-30th ranked before the season. I have him around 15th now.

I had 12-4

On 10/27/2019 at 10:48 PM, RollerColt said:

Oh I could tell. I’m sure Nadine is with us on this one too. 

My grudge also still burns with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/01/21/1995-indianapolis-colts-jim-harbaugh-aaron-bailey-afc-championship-game-ted-marchibroda/78291676/

• Like 7

Steelers got a little banged up last night. We probably won’t see Conner, and Snell was limping.

They also had a couple Olinemen injured, Foster and Pouncey.  They’ll probably play though.  

Their D looked good, in spite of that rough start.  Although with the Dolphins it’s hard to tell.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I thought 8-9 wins with Brissett.   I'm up to 9-10 now.   

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Oh, the pain. The Steelers are that one team where I let the dark side flow through me. 

• Like 1

If the Steelers are going to play D like Denver did, the Colts better adjust this game. 

Chip with TE's this game, but then send them for quick passes. 

I don't understand why the Colts never throw slants (or successful screens).

Let's see some draw plays if they continue to blitz!  

I'd like to see a LOT more passes to RB's out of the backfield too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Oh if there was only replay for Kordel Stewart stepping out of the back of the end zone then catching the td.  And if Quentin Coryatt could've hung on to the game sealing int.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

If the Steelers are going to play D like Denver did, the Colts better adjust this game. 

Hines is already our second leading receiver.  I agree on the slants and screens.  We have them, they just don’t seem to be very successful most of the time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Funny thing is we did all of that with Luck. With Jacoby Reich has gotten away from it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Steelers don’t have a D like Denver. Colts catching another break with the Steelers RB missing the game Sunday. Edmunds is the only healthy back.

Yeah thats what we thought vs San Diego then their backups ran all over us. We should do better now that Sheard is back though. Defense as a whole is starting to play better.

The Steelers are a lot better than their record. However, we have no excuse to not beat them. Smith-Schuster, Conner, and Watt are very good, but no one else lights it up for them. Even the Dolphins scored 14 against them.

If there’s one team I can’t stand as much as the Patriots, it’s the Steelers, probably because I have the family curse of also being a Bengals fan.

Go Colts!

excited adam vinatieri GIF by Indianapolis Colts

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Hines is already our second leading receiver.  I agree on the slants and screens.  We have them, they just don’t seem to be very successful most of the time.  

Dang, I didn't know that. 

I still want to see him used as a WR - he has good hands and is great in space. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm all for Hines catching the ball, not carrying it.  

3 carries a game is too many.   I cannot understand why Reich keeps pounding him up the middle.  

Lots of people hate Pittsburgh.    I kind of like them.   1995 was tough for certain.   I grew up watching and liking their style of football.   Good defense and good running teams.  I was a big fan of Kansas City too.   Barry Word and Christian Okoye on offense and Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas on defense.  That's my favorite style of football.    Kind of why I'm enjoying this season with the Colts so much.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Thorolf said:

They are missing Big Ben, which is going to have them at least a little out of step . In addition I don't think they have much if any experience against our new Quarterback, which gives us another slight edge. I also believe that our team mates are highly motivated and confident, having come off some recent wins. Lastly I don't think they have much experience dealing with Reich , which is another nice thought ! I believe that it will be a close game, but I think we will come away with the WIN !!! Yay !!!! Chip !!! ( Sorry. That is what my parrot Beowulf yells when the Colts score !! )

They played him in 2017 but still won.