Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers

Four2itus

Since Big Ben is not playing and it is Mason Rudolph or Devlin Hodges, we definitely have a chance. They will try to run it up our throat, that is their ammo with those 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

Line up and play, don't pay attention to the terrible towels or the showboating Steelers' D does after making a play or sometimes even after-the-whistle hits occasionally. Hold on to the ball and play a solid game, there is a good chance we come out with a win if we take care of the ball.

• Like 2

I think we lose this game. This game against Denver shows they are not matchup proof on offense and they can be haulted. The Steelers also have a good defense and that crowd is always into it. 

Hope I’m wrong but unless we get back to dominating in the trenches and running the ball, I think we’ll have a tough time pulling this one out. 

22 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

They all seem to be.  The Colts will probably manage to make the Dolphins game a nail biter as well.  Colts need to maintain a standard of play instead of always playing to the competition level.  

Saw that the Colts are first team since the merger to play seven straight one score games to open the season.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea it is going  to be hard to consistently  win if every game is close.

They will have one sooner or later that isn’t one score one way or another.  Honestly the Raiders game shouldn’t have been if it wasn’t for the late Ebron TD when the Raiders D went to sleep.  

With that said this life for more teams than not in the NFL that don’t have elite QBs.  They play close games where one play here or there makes the difference between victory and defeat.  That’s the secret to the NFL’s paradoy.  

Is it me or does the Steeler's O-line always seem massive and intimidating when we play them on the road? (remember the old-timer uniforms they were wearing that one time, the stripes I think)...they moved mountains it seemed. also their linebackers always seem to kill us and they picked another gem in this year's draft (devin bush jr.).  Hoping that Rothlisberger's field absence will make a difference.  Will be nervous about this one until kick-off.

2 hours ago, IinD said:

We're historically terrible against them.

This is one of those times I think NFL voodoo wins out again. We always seem to forget how to play against them. Especially in Pitt.

Them and the Chargers.  In some ways I hate them more than the Pats.  At least with Manning the Colts won their fair share with New England.  The Chargers and Steelers not so much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I can see the Steelers using the same blueprint today that the Broncos used.  Take away TY and bottle up the run.  They have a good D too so it could work.  Maybe we will have a couple of reinforcements after the deadline.  

Not really a mind blowing strategy there old bean....

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Them and the Chargers.  In some ways I hate them more than the Pats.  At least with Manning the Colts won their fair share with New England.  The Chargers and Steelers not so much.

Yep, I'm with you on those thoughts.

Like you said we always had a shot with PM against NE, but jeez does Pitt always seem to beat us for whatever reason. Regardless of records or who's better that season. I feel like they can march out a 6th string QB and he'll have a career day vs Indy.

Hoping I'm wrong of course, but they have some legit voodoo against us.

Look at it this way.  We have a reason to watch tonight's game between the Steelers and the Dolphins.   

Pit will be coming off of a short week when we play them (I don't think that will play a factor).  

Unfortunately they will be coming off of a scrimmage-type game against the Dolphins which could help them gain confidence.   Best case is for them to get beat tonight.   

The Colts play every game close, so I think it will be a game which could go either way.