Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers

Four2itus

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Steelers got a little banged up last night. We probably won’t see Conner, and Snell was limping.

They also had a couple Olinemen injured, Foster and Pouncey.  They’ll probably play though.  

Their D looked good, in spite of that rough start.  Although with the Dolphins it’s hard to tell.  

Foster has to clear Concussion protocol.

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm all for Hines catching the ball, not carrying it.  

3 carries a game is too many.   I cannot understand why Reich keeps pounding him up the middle.  

Lots of people hate Pittsburgh.    I kind of like them.   1995 was tough for certain.   I grew up watching and liking their style of football.   Good defense and good running teams.  I was a big fan of Kansas City too.   Barry Word and Christian Okoye on offense and Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas on defense.  That's my favorite style of football.    Kind of why I'm enjoying this season with the Colts so much.  

Hines strikes me as almost the classic "gadget" player, yet we run him between the tackles. I don't get it either. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, colt18 said:

We should win this game by at least two touchdowns. This Steelers team isn’t good and Mason Rudolph is trash. 

If we can’t beat this teams * then I think we may struggle when we inevitable play a big good team.

Like the Chiefs?   Oh wait.

The Steelers are not as bad as their record.  Rudolf is also not trash.   He's a rookie who started 4 games and has thrown 9 TD's and only 3 INT's.  Completed 64% of his passes and has a 97.5 rating.   That is far from trash.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, colt18 said:

We should win this game by at least two touchdowns. This Steelers team isn’t good and Mason Rudolph is trash. 

If we can’t beat this teams * then I think we may struggle when we inevitable play a big good team.

I just hope the Colts don't sleep on them like they slept on the Broncos. 

They need to stop playing down to weaker opponents and up to good ones. It's like Reich saves his good play calling for teams he thinks are better and then goes more vanilla against weaker teams. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

It's like Reich saves his good play calling for teams he thinks are better and then goes more vanilla against weaker teams. 

I see that as well at times. Hopefully coach and QB are just still feeling each other out. Or for all we know Siriani and Frank are going with different approaches each week.

This is the one team that usually ALWAYS beats us whether they're 10-0 or 0-10. Hoping for a win obviously, but I've stated earlier in this thread, they just usually always have our number. Something like 25-5 in our last 30 meetings...jeez.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 8:02 PM, Four2itus said:

Frankly, I can't wait to talk about this. Since Reich is already game planning, we can talk about it too. 

I know many of you are eager to turn the tide against the Pats. I understand. But my ghosts go way back. I want the Colts to get a W at Heinz Field more than any other place, against any other team. Jimmy struggled against them. So did Peyton. So did Luck. 

Pittsburgh Steelers lead series 24-6-0

Need I say more? Ok, I will. The Colts played them 25 times between 1950 and 2008. In those games, we scored more the 24 points.......2 times. 

How many times have we won in Pittsburgh in 69 years?.........................Twice. 

With all the mojo I can muster, Go Colts!!!!

I would like that as well. As you indicated, but did not mention, Bert Jones can be added to that list of names as he ran into that buzz saw of the 70's Steelers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nadine said:

There isn't a reaction button for this post that expresses my solidarity with you.  I was there too

I went with two Steeler fans. (A season ticket holder and my brother)

We went out on the town in Pittsburgh the night before.  My hat with the horseshoe on it was a hit.......: I think i got booed every time i walked in a bar.  It was a blast.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nadine said:

There isn't a reaction button for this post that expresses my solidarity with you.  I was there too

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I went with two Steeler fans. (A season ticket holder and my brother)

We went out on the town in Pittsburgh the night before.  My hat with the horseshoe on it was a hit.......: I think i got booed every time i walked in a bar.  It was a blast.

Good stuff by both of you. Bravo.

I can't imagine the 'dumbness' you probably dealt with fan wise. I've never been to a Pitt game but have had the pleasure of enjoying the 'dumbness' in Foxborough and Baltimore several times.

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Steelers are not as bad as their record.  Rudolf is also not trash.   He's a rookie who started 4 games and has thrown 9 TD's and only 3 INT's.  Completed 64% of his passes and has a 97.5 rating.   That is far from trash.   

The only thing I see in Rudolph is he does not throw someone open and waits for them to get separation before releasing the ball, not much anticipation skills. So, if we can play the WRs close, Rudolph may not consider taking risks and we can focus mainly on the run. If they were not down 0-14 last night, he may not have taken the risks he did yesterday. Even his TD throw to JuJu was underthrown and JuJu made a heck of a play to go get it, IMO. He has a long way to go in the passing game and that is why I feel we have a very good chance to come up with a few turnovers and hopefully Brissett can cash in on those.

The key to the game is our OL handling their multiple fronts, our O holding on to the ball and winning the turnover battle against an aggressive defense. If we do not turn the ball over, I feel we win, period because that would negate their biggest strength, their D's ability to generate those.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

The Chiefs had a hobbled Mahomes (who was cooking us before his injury) and no Tyreek Hill. They also have a terrible defense that is incapable of stopping a nosebleed.

The Steelers have lost to all the good teams they've played (SEA/SF/BAL) and beat all the bad teams (MIA/CIN). Rudolph himself has only played well against the bad teams, never once passing 200 yards against the good ones. He's not good. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

FROM AN ARTICLE ON INTERNET >>>>>>>>>January 15, 2006**
AFC Divisional Round Game
Steelers 21, Indianapolis Colts 18                                                                                    Manning took control and drove the Colts to the Steelers 28-yard line, where an almost automatic Mike Vanderjagt gave Steelers fans their breath back when his 46-yard field goal went wide right...……. And the next morning Peyton Manning (at least I believe it was Peyton ) FIRED Mike Vanderjagt ……...This is probably nuts but I almost felt he missed that kick SO BAD that I almost wondered if he was paid to miss it .

People keep mentioning how the Steelers always have had our number in the past and I really don't care for that. This will be the first time the Steelers have faced the Frank Reich coached Colts. This is an 11-12 win, tough non-finesse team and they will be prepared come Sunday. Fully expect the win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Good stuff by both of you. Bravo.

I can't imagine the 'dumbness' you probably dealt with fan wise. I've never been to a Pitt game but have had the pleasure of enjoying the 'dumbness' in Foxborough and Baltimore several times.

Pittsburgh in general is awesome.  People there were great.

Game day was a different story though.  There was a minority there that was menacing for sure.

Hope that doesn't happen at Colts games

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

The Chiefs had a hobbled Mahomes (who was cooking us before his injury) and no Tyreek Hill. They also have a terrible defense that is incapable of stopping a nosebleed.

Maholmes, the reigning MVP, didn't get hurt until the second half.   The Colts were winning at halftime.   He also got hurt because the Colts were getting to him and pushing their O-line around.   The Chiefs had already beaten the Jags, Raiders, Ravens and Lions.  That is a pretty good resume.   So I would say beating the Chiefs was beating a good team.   Beating the Texans was also beating a good team.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Maholmes, the reigning MVP, didn't get hurt until the second half.   The Colts were winning at halftime.   He also got hurt because the Colts were getting to him and pushing their O-line around.   The Chiefs had already beaten the Jags, Raiders, Ravens and Lions.  That is a pretty good resume.   So I would say beating the Chiefs was beating a good team.   Beating the Texans was also beating a good team.

The fact of the matter is that the Chiefs were not at 100% that game, regardless of them being a good team or not. Tyreek Hill did not play. Neither did Sammy Watkins. Mahomes got hurt because his own lineman stepped on his ankle.

Beating the Chiefs is not the same as beating the Pats or 49ers. Matter of fact, I'm not even sure how well we would play against the Ravens with Lamar Jackson. If we can't stomp the bad, unhealthy teams, I'm not sure how far we will go against the better, healthier teams.

2 minutes ago, colt18 said:

The fact of the matter is that the Chiefs were not at 100% that game, regardless of them being a good team or not. Tyreek Hill did not play. Neither did Sammy Watkins. Mahomes got hurt because his own lineman stepped on his ankle.

Beating the Chiefs is not the same as beating the Pats or 49ers. Matter of fact, I'm not even sure how well we would play against the Ravens with Lamar Jackson. If we can't stomp the bad, unhealthy teams, I'm not sure how far we will go against the better, healthier teams.

The Colts were also not 100% for that game.   

Mahomlmes was hurt because our line was pushing their line around.   

So the Pats and 49rs are the only good teams.   I guess if you have to be undefeated to be good, you are correct.   

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Colts were also not 100% for that game.   

Mahomlmes was hurt because our line was pushing their line around.   

So the Pats and 49rs are the only good teams.   I guess if you have to be undefeated to be good, you are correct.   

And when we were 100% healthy we lost to the Chargers, who aren’t good.

Who did the Chiefs lose to when they were 100% healthy?

3 minutes ago, colt18 said:

And when we were 100% healthy we lost to the Chargers, who aren’t good.

Who did the Chiefs lose to when they were 100% healthy?

We had to go to overtime against the Chargers because AV couldn't hit the side of a barn.   

I was just challenging your thought that we can't beat a good team.   The Chiefs were a good team.  The Texans were a good team.   These Colts can beat good teams.   Unfortunately they can lose to bad teams too.  

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

We had to go to overtime against the Chargers because AV couldn't hit the side of a barn.   

I was just challenging your thought that we can't beat a good team.   The Chiefs were a good team.  The Texans were a good team.   These Colts can beat good teams.   Unfortunately they can lose to bad teams too.  

Except I never said that we can't beat a good team. I said we may struggle against good teams. Which is funny because we struggled against the Chiefs...which begs the question what are you even arguing? 

15 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Except I never said that we can't beat a good team. I said we may struggle against good teams. Which is funny because we struggled against the Chiefs...which begs the question what are you even arguing? 

Ok if you say so.   I took your phrase of " I think we may struggle when we inevitable play a big good team" as meaning we haven't yet.  We may have struggled against the Chiefs, but we went into Arrowhead and beat them.  I'm sure we would also struggle if we went to Foxboro and beat the Pats.   

Just now, Myles said:

Ok if you say so.   I took your phrase of " I think we may struggle when we inevitable play a big good team" as meaning we haven't yet.  We may have struggled against the Chiefs, but we went into Arrowhead and beat them.  I'm sure we would also struggle if we went to Foxboro and beat the Pats.   

I don't know why you would assume something I didn't say.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I don't know why you would assume something I didn't say.

So you meant - When we play yet another good team?

Makes sense I guess.    I think this team will struggle in most games this season.   Every game has been close so far and I think that will continue.   

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I just hope the Colts don't sleep on them like they slept on the Broncos. 

They need to stop playing down to weaker opponents and up to good ones. It's like Reich saves his good play calling for teams he thinks are better and then goes more vanilla against weaker teams. 

It's possbile that we are not really very good.  Most of the numbers other than W-L record point in that direction.

Yeah, yeah wins are the only thing that matters, but numbers probably explain why we "Play down".  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

So you meant - When we play yet another good team?

Makes sense I guess.    I think this team will struggle in most games this season.   Every game has been close so far and I think that will continue.   

Uh yes...that happens to be exactly what I said in the quote...

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It's possbile that we are not really very good.  Most of the numbers other than W-L record point in that direction.

I agree.   I think we are pretty solid in most positions, but not great at many.   I think we are another draft away (and free agency) from being a top 5 team in the league.   The D-line needs addressed.   WR's may need addressed.   QB probably needs addressed, but that won't help us next season.   

On the upside, we have allot of very young players who should only get better.  

Hopefully the coaching staff get's the guys pumped up and ready for this game, if we come out flat, like the Denver game last week we lose.  Steelers aren't as bad as their record shows, and they are always a tough team to beat at home.  

I see this as very important game for us this season, and will answer a lot of questions about what kind of team we really have.  Hoping for injuries against any opponent, is a losing mentality.  You got to beat the best to be the best.   GO COLTS

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To me, this game depends on if James Connor plays. If he's healthy, we'll probably lose. If not, we'll win.

IMO: Rudolph, Connor, Ju-Ju> Brissett, Mack, Hilton

Colts have better O-Line, Steelers have better defense.

We need Connor not to play to win IMO.

I am not worried  about Conner. This game comes down to the offense  showing up.