Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four2itus

Colts vs Steelers

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Stephen said:

We can still win the south without  this game, but it will make getting  the second seed tougher  especially  if Baltimore  beats new England 

There is zero chance the ravens are beating patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna predict a loss this week.

 

The Steelers and the Colts are very similar teams:

Both playing the backup QB to their star from last year

Both have a decent RB and a single pro bowl WR

Both have defenses that are capable of doing good things, but aren't world beaters

 

The only bad loss they had was to the Patriots.  But for a play here and there, our records could be reversed.

 

Bottom line:  When two similar teams play each other, pick the home team.

 

Steelers 24

Colts 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 10:51 AM, SteelCityColt said:

 

Hines strikes me as almost the classic "gadget" player, yet we run him between the tackles. I don't get it either. 

I honestly don't know why we aren't utilizing him more on wheel routes like 2018 Cohen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

There is zero chance the ravens are beating patriots.

Not sure how you can think it is "zero chance".   2 good teams are playing.

I think the Patriots will win.   I think the ravens have a 30% chance of winning.  

 

I despise both teams.  I don't know who to root for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Myles said:

....

I despise both teams.  I don't know who to root for.

 

Pats, that way Colts are in better stead to get the number 2 playoff slot first round bye.

 

Go Colts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not sure how you can think it is "zero chance".   2 good teams are playing.

I think the Patriots will win.   I think the ravens have a 30% chance of winning.  

 

I despise both teams.  I don't know who to root for.

 

I'm not rooting for anyone but I love a good defense when I see it and that New England defensive unit is guaranteed :censored: every week. Historic. Also, I'm just not buying into Baltimore's hype. We'll see how good they are with this upcoming slate of games. 

 

I got this game being a blowout in New England's favor. It will be close in the beginning but Pats will eventually roll away with it. Not too sure what gives NFL fans this notion that Baltimore is New England's kryptonite today.......Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are not walking through that door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen Holder said on the athletic podcast today he saw Hilton in a walking boot yesterday at the colts facility. Mack had one when he was on the injury report with a calf  so hopefully this doesn’t mean he won’t play Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

There is zero chance the ravens are beating patriots.

I agree, the Pats should win, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Baltimore won. It is in Baltimore....

 

The Pats have played almost every cupcake in the league and struggled vs Buffalo (who has an average to below average O). Baltimore came close to beating a fully healthy KC on the road, and just beat Seattle on the road. The bad loss to the Browns is a head scratcher, but they've got the #2 total O, and the #3 rush D. If they can keep Brady from torching them, they'll stand a good chance. 

 

Really, the Pat's first true test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree, the Pats should win, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Baltimore won. It is in Baltimore....

 

The Pats have played almost every cupcake in the league and struggled vs Buffalo (who has an average to below average O). Baltimore came close to beating a fully healthy KC on the road, and just beat Seattle on the road. The bad loss to the Browns is a head scratcher, but they've got the #2 total O, and the #3 rush D. If they can keep Brady from torching them, they'll stand a good chance. 

 

Really, the Pat's first true test.

 

They added a few guys and dropped a few guys after the Browns game, that has fueled a defensive turnaround for the Ravens, which led to a lot of pressure on Russell Wilson and probably will on Tom Brady too. Getting both Jimmy Smith (CB) back on defense and Marquise Brown (WR) back on offense after their breaks due to injuries will help immensely. 

 

Don't be surprised if it is a dog fight all the way. 

 

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2019/10/22/20925330/unexpected-heroes-fueling-a-defensive-turnaround-for-the-ravens-baltimore

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

They added a few guys and dropped a few guys after the Browns game, that has fueled a defensive turnaround for the Ravens, which led to a lot of pressure on Russell Wilson and probably will on Tom Brady too. Getting both Jimmy Smith (CB) back on defense and Marquise Brown (WR) back on offense after their breaks due to injuries will help immensely. 

 

Don't be surprised if it is a dog fight all the way. 

 

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2019/10/22/20925330/unexpected-heroes-fueling-a-defensive-turnaround-for-the-ravens-baltimore

 

yup. the head scratching part of me was how bad their O played and how bad they were against the run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

yup. the head scratching part of me was how bad their O played and how bad they were against the run.

 

Note that our released Jihad Ward has found a home with the Ravens where he is contributing well to their rotation. :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Note that our released Jihad Ward has found a home with the Ravens where he is contributing well to their rotation. :) 

 

 

Yup, he sure did. I hear they've needed some drywall work in their weight room on multiple occasions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TY is not practicing today again. It’s looking like there is a pretty good chance he doesn’t play Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TY is not practicing today again. It’s looking like there is a pretty good chance he doesn’t play Sunday.

 

Good thing we have options at WR, just in case he cannot go right? Oh....nvm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 

Good thing we have options at WR, just in case he cannot go right? Oh....nvm


This guy is available? 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 

Good thing we have options at WR, just in case he cannot go right? Oh....nvm

Unless Reich and JB decide to get Cain and Campbell involved we are probably screwed if he doesn’t play. The only good news is the Steelers are not real good on offense. 

 

Now I am just holding my breath his injury isn’t big and keep him out a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Unless Reich and JB decide to get Cain and Campbell involved we are probably screwed if he doesn’t play. The only good news is the Steelers are not real good on offense. 

 

Now I am just holding my breath his injury isn’t big and keep him out a long time.

 Pitt average's 2 less points than we do. Not a significant number. They have more options at WRs than anyone we've faced minus ATL maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TY is not practicing today again. It’s looking like there is a pretty good chance he doesn’t play Sunday.

If he don't we don't win these scab recievers wont beat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Not sure how you can think it is "zero chance".   2 good teams are playing.

I think the Patriots will win.   I think the ravens have a 30% chance of winning.  

 

I despise both teams.  I don't know who to root for.

 

Well most of the time I root for whoever is playing them cause I will never root for or respect the Patriots in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Unless Reich and JB decide to get Cain and Campbell involved we are probably screwed if he doesn’t play. The only good news is the Steelers are not real good on offense. 

 

Now I am just holding my breath his injury isn’t big and keep him out a long time.

he was in a walking boot yesterday FWIW

 

While not having TY stinks, honestly, removing TY from JB's equation might be good for JB's growth. When he couldn't get it to TY vs Houston, he was forced to look elsewhere. Pascal ended up 6/7, 100+, and 2 TDs. Doyle, Ebron, MAC, Hines, Pascal.... That's 5 quality targets right there without even thinking about Rogers, PC, or DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Unless Reich and JB decide to get Cain and Campbell involved we are probably screwed if he doesn’t play. The only good news is the Steelers are not real good on offense. 

 

Now I am just holding my breath his injury isn’t big and keep him out a long time.

Get Josh Gordon in here.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

he was in a walking boot yesterday FWIW

 

While not having TY stinks, honestly, removing TY from JB's equation might be good for JB's growth. When he couldn't get it to TY vs Houston, he was forced to look elsewhere. Pascal ended up 6/7, 100+, and 2 TDs. Doyle, Ebron, MAC, Hines, Pascal.... That's 5 quality targets right there without even thinking about Rogers, PC, or DC.

None of which seem to be able to beat man to man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having Hilton will hurt our chances in this game.   I wonder if the Vegas odds will change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TY is not practicing today again. It’s looking like there is a pretty good chance he doesn’t play Sunday.


Nobody here worries quite like you do, Chloe....    I hope you can manage to enjoy the next few days...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 Pitt average's 2 less points than we do. Not a significant number. They have more options at WRs than anyone we've faced minus ATL maybe. 

All I meant was at least they aren’t a high scoring offense. 

5 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Get Josh Gordon in here.

None of which seem to be able to beat man to man.

Houston played man to man. Pascal burned them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

he was in a walking boot yesterday FWIW

 

While not having TY stinks, honestly, removing TY from JB's equation might be good for JB's growth. When he couldn't get it to TY vs Houston, he was forced to look elsewhere. Pascal ended up 6/7, 100+, and 2 TDs. Doyle, Ebron, MAC, Hines, Pascal.... That's 5 quality targets right there without even thinking about Rogers, PC, or DC.

You have a very good point here. I mean we still have enough weapons. We just need to get Cain and Campbell more involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 Pitt average's 2 less points than we do. Not a significant number. They have more options at WRs than anyone we've faced minus ATL maybe. 

The have one vet (JuJu) that PFF is not all that high on. The other 2 WRs are young/raw, small, and inconsistent. And they have a QB with the 7th worst QBR throwing it to them. If our D can't handle that, we really don't deserve to win. And Conner (RB1) has missed every practice this week including today. Their RB2 is already out.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

None of which seem to be able to beat man to man.

you obviously have not looked at any of the stats and all22 breakdowns/screenshots provided by the fine folks here..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem we seemed to figure things out the second half of the Oakland game without TY. If Campbell doesn’t fumble that ball that game could of been different. If he doesn’t go at least there is a week of game planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 8:02 PM, Four2itus said:

Frankly, I can't wait to talk about this. Since Reich is already game planning, we can talk about it too. 

 

I know many of you are eager to turn the tide against the Pats. I understand. But my ghosts go way back. I want the Colts to get a W at Heinz Field more than any other place, against any other team. Jimmy struggled against them. So did Peyton. So did Luck. 

 

Pittsburgh Steelers lead series 24-6-0

 

Need I say more? Ok, I will. The Colts played them 25 times between 1950 and 2008. In those games, we scored more the 24 points.......2 times. 

 

How many times have we won in Pittsburgh in 69 years?.........................Twice. 

 

With all the mojo I can muster, Go Colts!!!!

We always seem to have problems beating 3 teams Steelers ,Chargers and Raiders going back to the 70's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The have one vet (JuJu) that PFF is not all that high on. The other 2 WRs are young/raw, small, and inconsistent. And they have a QB with the 7th worst QBR throwing it to them. If our D can't handle that, we really don't deserve to win. And Conner (RB1) has missed every practice this week including today. Their RB2 is already out.... 

Ju-Ju is capable of scoring on any play. So regardless of PFF he remains a major threat. Johnson their rookie WR is 3rd among rookies in rec's and plays of 40+yards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

All I meant was at least they aren’t a high scoring offense. 

Houston played man to man. Pascal burned them.

None of Houstons backups are good at man to man lock it in probably not winning this game without Hilton our offense was garbage against the raiders without him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Ju-Ju is capable of scoring on any play. So regardless of PFF he remains a major threat. Johnson their rookie WR is 3rd among rookies in rec's and plays of 40+yards. 

Also we can bash Rudolph all we want the second we under estimate him or not respect his ability to make plays down the field he will beat us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You have a very good point here. I mean we still have enough weapons. We just need to get Cain and Campbell more involved.

Good luck. they don't really use them the way they should. I'm also starting to wonder if it isn't time to see about a trade for Hilton in the offseason get something out of him while we still can seems to be very injury prone the last 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Nobody here worries quite like you do, Chloe....    I hope you can manage to enjoy the next few days...

 


To be fair...

 

giphy.gif

 

To be fair Holder says that it is not an insignificant injury. There’s some legs here, even if they are injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:


To be fair...

 

giphy.gif

 

To be fair Holder says that it is not an insignificant injury. There’s some legs here, even if they are injured. 

I think what he meant was him being in a walking boot wasn’t insignificant. Don’t think he knows anything about the injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Ju-Ju is capable of scoring on any play. So regardless of PFF he remains a major threat. Johnson their rookie WR is 3rd among rookies in rec's and plays of 40+yards. 

Johnson has had 2 good games. Vs Miami and the Bengals... He's also had a couple bad drops in his limited role. He's capable, but not scary.

 

JuJu is good but streaky. He's disappeared in several games. He did have a great game vs Miami. I don't think he's even top 30 in receiving yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Johnson has had 2 good games. Vs Miami and the Bengals... He's also had a couple bad drops in his limited role. He's capable, but not scary.

 

JuJu is good but streaky. He's disappeared in several games. He did have a great game vs Miami. I don't think he's even top 30 in receiving yards.

 

The coaches have been conservative with their game plan. When their D is playing at the level that it is, unless they go down on the scoreboard, like they did vs the Dolphins, 0-14, Rudolph has been checking down or handing it to his RBs. 

 

That has been a big part of JuJu's production, Rudolph's learning curve plus coaches' conservative game plans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...