Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers

Four2itus

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To me, this game depends on if James Connor plays. If he's healthy, we'll probably lose. If not, we'll win.

IMO: Rudolph, Connor, Ju-Ju> Brissett, Mack, Hilton

Colts have better O-Line, Steelers have better defense.

We need Connor not to play to win IMO.

Mr Balder. Meet Mrs Dash.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I feel like this game is going to come down to whether or not the Colts can get consistent pressure on Mason. As we all know, pressure and coverage work hand in hand, so........

I think it will come down to how well we can handle the multiple Steelers' defensive fronts and not take unnecessary sacks or turn the ball over. If we do not turn the ball over, we do not make it easy for their young signal caller to score points with easy field position. Let us not make it too easy on Rudolph by just rushing four all the time.

On offense, make tough catches knowing the hit is coming, and get the ball out fast with those slants and get the protection calls right. This game will tell us if Brissett can adapt his pre-snap reads fast enough. 

The Patriots, to slow down their pass rush, would flank out the TEs and RBs in pass catching roles to test their LBs and get the ball out fast. I would not be opposed to playing multiple TEs and multiple RBs at the same time. Send Hines out in motion, he will be such a mismatch for their LBs and their safeties will mostly be occupied with Hilton and Ebron. If there is a game to use Ebron and Hines more, this game is it. If a LB follows Ebron or Hines, I hope Brissett recognizes the mismatch and goes there right away.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

We will be playing in Pittsburgh and there is always home cookin' in those games. Just look at that Miami successful fourth down that got reversed. What a bunch of hooey.

Your last line just perfectly described your post.

• Thanks 1

This is going to be a close game. These two teams are petty even. The difference in the records is the colts have found ways to win close games while the Steelers haven’t. We really need a game where we just come out and dominate on both sides. Not sure this is the game. We have been really good but we aren’t great yet. Steelers only lost by a total of nine points in loses to the Seahawks, ravens, and 49’s. I don’t remember which game  Big Ben hurt his elbow.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is going to be a close game. These two teams are petty even. The difference in the records is the colts have found ways to win close games while the Steelers haven’t. We really need a game where we just come out and dominate on both sides. Not sure this is the game. We have been really good but we aren’t great yet. Steelers only lost by a total of nine points in loses to the Seahawks, ravens, and 49’s. I don’t remember which game  Big Ben hurt his elbow.

Wish I could be more confident about this game but I will say this...….. we can change a few things if we win this game …………..AND look good doing it !!!!!...……...GO COLTS !!!!!

• Like 2

I am listening to a Steeler podcast. I like to listen to the opponents before a game. The guy does I don’t know what to make of the colts being 5-2. Lol they are confused just like we are. The Steelers are about as good as we are but the difference has really been we have finished games and they haven’t. That’s the difference between 5-2 and 3-4. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am listening to a Steeler podcast. I like to listen to the opponents before a game. The guy does I don’t know what to make of the colts being 5-2. Lol they are confused just like we are. The Steelers are about as good as we are but the difference has really been we have finished games and they haven’t. That’s the difference between 5-2 and 3-4. 

The steelers are a dangerous football team. They could be 6-1 if they won their close games. They have also done something the colts have not and that is beat a team by double digits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN has this as a pick'em game on their site last I looked. They had the Colts at a 50.1% chance of winning and the Steelers at a 49.9% chance of winning. That is about as even as you can get.

Sounds about right

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

steelers have 24 sacks and 10 int they are not going to be easy to score on.

• Like 1

Benny Snell has knee surgery and will be out a few weeks.  He has the same injury hooker had. If Conner can’t go that will hurt them. I don’t think their defense is quite as good as the broncos but their offense isn’t inept like Denver. Going to be a tough and interesting game. Teams are pretty evenly matched. Records don’t mean anything. Just like the broncos record didn’t represent that they were not that bad. Good teams win close games. If we can pull this out having a win in arrowhead and Heinz field would be pretty crazy. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 12:24 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

To me, this game depends on if James Connor plays. If he's healthy, we'll probably lose. If not, we'll win.

IMO: Rudolph, Connor, Ju-Ju> Brissett, Mack, Hilton

Colts have better O-Line, Steelers have better defense.

We need Connor not to play to win IMO.

Even if he don't play then we get Samuels who is 235 pounds and just as good as Conner. Snell is already out has a procedure on his knee.

At this point, when it comes to predicting how we will perform any given week, I don't apply ANY type of logic or statistics anymore, I just flip a coin haha. We're either going to play good or bad, and I'm not sure the opposition has any to do with that. I feel a dominant display coming. 27-17?

What I will say though: even with our erratic play, I have been very proud of the heart we're showing late in games. This is so different from the teams in the past that we saw just completely drop the ball late in games. Culture change!

• Like 2

People were calling last week a trap game, if any game is, it is this one because they are better than Denver and at home. Their season is really on the line as well, our's isn't. If they lose they go to 3-5 and have the Ravens in their division. I can't call this one as of now. Have to see the final injury report before doing so.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll form my opinion when I see the final injury report. This will be close though. We sorta need this game in a surprisingly tough AFC South this year.

We can still win the south without  this game, but it will make getting  the second seed tougher  especially  if Baltimore  beats new England 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I am hoping we are not going to regret trading for a good WR.

7 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Yep, we missed the boat on E. Sanders.  Our O line needs to pick it up Sunday or it's going to be a miserable game.

San Fran's offense looks way more explosive now and this team was undefeated before the deadline and chose not to stand pat but upgrade their offense. 

• Like 1