Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four2itus

Colts vs Steelers

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The coaches have been conservative with their game plan. When their D is playing at the level that it is, unless they go down on the scoreboard, like they did vs the Dolphins, 0-14, Rudolph has been checking down or handing it to his RBs. 

That has been a big part of JuJu's production, Rudolph's learning curve plus coaches' conservative game plans. 

Rudolph likely won't have his RB1 and RB2 to hand to on Sunday, so should be a bit easier to defend the pass. 

I agree they've been conservative (much like Indy) in the passing game, but expecting them to light things up is almost like expecting JB to light things up. It certainly can happen, but it's not the norm, and how successful will it be (especially without a running game to keep folks honest).

It sucks TY is out but this game is still winnable. They have a lot of injuries too. Last weeks win now was very huge because it gives us a mini cushion just in case we lose 1 or 2 games we shouldn't lose. 

Sooo.....both teams are starting a QB that was not intended in the offseason. They are out their #1 RB. Colts are out their #1 WR. No excuses when we win.

Colt's.............. take it to em!.

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

Ouch.  Hilton may miss 3-4 weeks.

According to The Score.

Wow!    if true...  NOW Chloe has good reason to worry!       :thmup:

This game is super winnable. If the run game produces, and more importantly, if the defense plays well, they can beat the Steelers. TY is great, but he has 12 catches for about 150 yards over the last three games, very average numbers. And despite popular opinion, he's not double teamed on every pass play, so it's not like his being out there is contributing to everyone else getting open. 

The other receivers have to step up. If Campbell is healthy, his role will be expanded. Rogers is probably going to get some additional targets. The TEs are still going to be heavily involved. 

But the key will be the defense, IMO. Good tackling, pressure Rudolph, show different coverages, be disciplined up front. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

This game is super winnable. If the run game produces, and more importantly, if the defense plays well, they can beat the Steelers. TY is great, but he has 12 catches for about 150 yards over the last three games, very average numbers. And despite popular opinion, he's not double teamed on every pass play, so it's not like his being out there is contributing to everyone else getting open. 

The other receivers have to step up. If Campbell is healthy, his role will be expanded. Rogers is probably going to get some additional targets. The TEs are still going to be heavily involved. 

But the key will be the defense, IMO. Good tackling, pressure Rudolph, show different coverages, be disciplined up front. 

I agree, I still think this is winnable. I posted about Campbell as well, if he is healthy that this could be his breakout game. Odds have been against us all year so it is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I still think this is winnable. I posted about Campbell as well, if he is healthy that this could be his breakout game. Odds have been against us all year so it is what it is. 

Heck yeah, it is still winnable if we play mistake-free football like we are capable of. However, we will have to take a few chances at some point in time and hope those chances do not hurt us on offense. 

Stephen A Smith just said even without TY, Colts will still win and that JB is the real deal and we have the best O.Line in the league. He is a diehard Steelers fan.

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Connor doubtful and that well means doubtful 

This will be like a pre-season game haha . Everyone is out, no Ben, Luck retires, they have no RB's, TY is out, Im Out GIF by Shark Tank too, who's next lmao 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stephen A Smith just said even without TY, Colts will still win and that JB is the real deal and we have the best O.Line in the league. He is a diehard Steelers fan.

He is trying reverse physiology lol. I doubt he believes it.

We can’t turn the ball over. The Steelers are at the top with creating turnovers. That’s how they have stayed in a lot of games. Without TY I fully expect to throw everything at stopping Mack. If they do that we need to protect JB and there will be guys open.

27 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Colts 24 Steelers 17

Don't think it ill be that high of scoring. More like 17-10. I think 17 is our tops. Hope 10 is their tops. Think there will be at least 2 defensive TDs or TO deep in own territory.

The cool thing about this game is we will know if the jags beat the Texans before we play. Watson’s eye is still a issue and he might have to wear a visor. 

I have spoken to the dark sorcerer and he has accepted the offering. Ebron has been granted +30 speed and +25 dexterity. 

30 minutes ago, Rubles said:

I have spoken to the dark sorcerer and he has accepted the offering. Ebron has been granted +30 speed and +25 dexterity. 

Call him back. He needs plus 50 hands.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone know anything about the Steelers third string Rb that will be playing? Is he any good?

check out the match up thread i posted. There's background info on him and PFF rating in the "Pitt RB" section.

13 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

San Fran's offense looks way more explosive now and this team was undefeated before the deadline and chose not to stand pat but upgrade their offense. 

Yessir.  With the addition of Sanders, they become a serious threat, to win the big prize.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i also think we will win with a team effort, this is not a one man team

They will probably do everything  to stop Mack. If we let them get pressure on Jacoby it will be a long day. If oline can protect well there should be guys open in the passing game.

12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like Conner is out.

Lets just hope his sister, Sarah, doesn't fill in. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It sucks TY is out but this game is still winnable. They have a lot of injuries too. Last weeks win now was very huge because it gives us a mini cushion just in case we lose 1 or 2 games we shouldn't lose. 

True but sorry...I’m not interested in losing again to Pittsburgh.  Not to this Steelers team.  We are better than them right now in my opinion and I expect a Colts victory.  Anything less would be very disappointing.  The Steelers usually own our Colts and I am sick of it.  So I don’t ever feel like it’s ok to lose to Pittsburgh.  We need to beat that team. 

12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is trying reverse physiology lol. I doubt he believes it.

Reverse psychology and I thought the same.  Lol.

Although if you watch his show he is pretty high on the Colts this year and named them as one of the teams best suited to challenge the Patriots in the AFC.  Really likes our Oline and the physical aspect that they bring.  He is always kind of critical of his Steelers as many fans can be when breaking down their own team.  So I buy what he is saying.  T.Y out is huge for us but Pittsburgh going without Connor is a big deal for them. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Reverse psychology and I thought the same.  Lol.

Although if you watch his show he is pretty high on the Colts this year and named them as one of the teams best suited to challenge the Patriots in the AFC.  Really likes our Oline and the physical aspect that they bring.  He is always kind of critical of his Steelers as many fans can be when breaking down their own team.  So I buy what he is saying.  T.Y out is huge for us but Pittsburgh going without Connor is a big deal for them. 

Yesterday on his show he said Indy was the one team that could challenge the Pats in the playoffs if he had to choose. He loves our O.line and he likes Brissett and Reich.

If our receivers can get open I think we will be ok.  If not it will probably come down to our defense and how well Adam kicks outdoors.

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone know anything about the Steelers third string Rb that will be playing? Is he any good?

Believe its Samuels, played ball at OSU? Not %100 though. If he is from OSU, good chance he gets hurt also, we will see RB4 n 5.

Desir has been upgraded to questionable for tomorrow’s game. I noticed on his IG stories he had kind of a cryptic post  He must of passed some testing.

2 hours ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Believe its Samuels, played ball at OSU? Not %100 though. If he is from OSU, good chance he gets hurt also, we will see RB4 n 5.

haha Wow....

No, it's not Curtis Samuel, as he plays WR for Carolina. A quick, and I mean quick, search would have netted you Jaylen Samuels, who is not hurt, and he played for NC State...  

2 hours ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

NC State

17 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The cool thing about this game is we will know if the jags beat the Texans before we play. Watson’s eye is still a issue and he might have to wear a visor. 

The Jaguars actually scare me worse than the Texans. 

It the Jags win, and we lose. They are right at the top of the division with us... as we haven't even played them yet. Not sure who to root for lol 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

It the Jags win, and we lose. They are right at the top of the division with us... as we haven't even played them yet. Not sure who to root for lol 

Yeah we win either way here. Whoever loses will help us.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Desir has been upgraded to questionable for tomorrow’s game. I noticed on his IG stories he had kind of a cryptic post  He must of passed some testing.

If …….IF he can play our Injury Report does not look bad ……...GO COLTS !!!!!

6 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

If …….IF he can play our Injury Report does not look bad ……...GO COLTS !!!!!

Hilton is the only one ruled out. This is probably why Reich wasn’t sure if Wilson would be active. He knew there was a chance Desir could pass his test. Going to be a interesting inactive list.  I assume it will be TY, Williams, Wilson, Milligan, Clark. Then there needs to be one more.’ Maybe Taylor.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hilton is the only one ruled out. This is probably why Reich wasn’t sure if Wilson would be active. He knew there was a chance Desir could pass his test. Going to be a interesting inactive list.  I assume it will be TY, Williams, Wilson, Milligan, Clark. Then there needs to be one more.’ Maybe Taylor.

Well it is called an "Receiving Corps " …...So I need the "Corps" to step up Sunday AS A GROUP ………..GO COLTS !!!!!

And Colts Receiving Corps ……….. I vote a $10,000.00  fine for any drop a receiver makes Sunday (But that is just me ).

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

Ehhh the Jags don’t have Ramsey anymore so I’m not worried about them. The Texans have a generational talent at QB but the rest of the team is meh...

the only team in the way of the Colts winning the division is themselves imo