Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson Had a Game!!

BigQungus

Yeah, I was watching a few of the replays on NFL Network.  He is a freaking earth mover.  He was always moving forward pushing multiple guys down field.  I like Glow, but I always wondered how Smith would look at guard.  Need to draft an OT high for that though and I don't know if Ballard is going to spend a high pick on OT when out OL is already our strength.  No doubt, we need some depth.  If one of our starting 5 go down, there will be a substantial fall off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainColt12 said:

He always has a game, nothing new from the best O lineman in the league. 

Also, did anyone else see that face paint he had on, Geez that's scary, if he wasn't already the scariest guy in the league. 

Can you imagine him running at you full speed? 

source.gif

No wonder CB's out there taking the business decision fall down 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cant stand Chris Collinsworth, he normally has nothing good to say about the colts and has generally zero idea about the team. However he couldnt even stop going on and on and on about how good Nelson and Castonzo where last night.

Im just really pumped for baldys breakdown

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

I cant stand Chris Collinsworth, he normally has nothing good to say about the colts and has generally zero idea about the team. However he couldnt even stop going on and on and on about how good Nelson and Castonzo where last night.

I love hearing people credit players on our o line that isn't Big Q. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Waiting for Brad Wells to admit he was wrong about us taking Chubb instead lmao 

It is tempting to bump a thread from back then when so many people were against us drafting Nelson.

I was wanting to draft Nelson with the 3rd pick, but Ballard pulled some magic out and we got him at 6.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KB said:

There was a run play where Mack went the right behind Braden. Braden had three defenders stacked on the block and was moving them. Our line is a beast.

That was 4th and 2 and we needed to move the chains there to keep the ball from Mahommes... not only did Braden have a great block, but Mack did a great job showing patience and running behind Smith.  That was Leveon Bell-esque.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Same thing happened before the playoff game on their forums. They are terrible.

Ac is having his best year as a pro. Nelson is a big reason for that.

AC also said he changed his workouts this off-season... one of the strength coaches found he had some muscle imbalances in his hip area which were causing knee problems -- he said he felt the best he has felt coming into this season compared to other seasons in the NFL:  https://www.colts.com/news/simple-change-in-workout-regimen-has-rejuvenated-anthony-castonzo

• Like 3

3 hours ago, twfish said:

His dream broadcast would be:

'Welcome to Tom Brady stadium here on Tom Brady day, it's a balmy Tom Brady tonight. Will the Tom Brady be able to stop Tom Brady?? We'll find out when we return to Tom Brady only on Sunday Night Tom Brady.'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IinD said:

His dream broadcast would be:

'Welcome to Tom Brady stadium here on Tom Brady day, it's a balmy Tom Brady tonight. Will the Tom Brady be able to stop Tom Brady?? We'll find out when we return to Tom Brady only on Sunday Night Tom Brady.'

one laughing reaction wasnt enough so hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

• Like 2

I'm not a big jersey wearing guy.  Used to when I was younger back when we won the Superbowl, but I don't now.  Just wear team oriented stuff.  But IF I were to buy my next jersey it would no doubt be #56.  Guy is just a monster, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

• Like 1

A case that big q could be in the discussion for mvp of the league, 

First he came in and transformed the entire attitude, demeanor and play of the most important position group in the game for the colts. 

Second because of his presence, and for the reasons stated above, we are recognized as having the best or one of the best o-lines in football. 

Third because our o-line is so dominant, QB has more time to pass and better passing lanes and we can impose our will to “Run the damn ball”, which we all know what that does to opposing defenses. 

Fourth for all the reasons above, we sustain drives, keep opposing defense on the field getting worn down, keep opposing offense on the sideline, and our defense rested. 

Fifth he is the ultimate team guy, i.e.  first down the field to pick up his players and always around the ball after the play. 

All attributable to the presence of big q (in my opinion). He has a profound impact on every phase of the game.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lef said:

First he came in and transformed the entire attitude, demeanor and play of the most important position group in the game for the colts. 

Second because of his presence, and for the reasons stated above, we are recognized as having the best or one of the best o-lines in football. 

Third because our o-line is so dominant, QB has more time to pass and better passing lanes and we can impose our will to “Run the damn ball”, which we all know what that does to opposing defenses. 

Fourth for all the reasons above, we sustain drives, keep opposing defense on the field getting worn down, keep opposing offense on the sideline, and our defense rested. 

Fifth he is the ultimate team guy, i.e.  first down the field to pick up his players and always around the ball after the play. 

All attributable to the presence of big q (in my opinion). He has a profound impact on every phase of the game.  

That's totally legit. :thmup:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lef said:

MVP of the Colts for sure.  O-line will never be the MVP of the league.  in fact, LT is the only player not a QB or RB to win the award.  

22 minutes ago, Lef said:

Agree with all of this. Our offensive line is playing incredibly well. I feel our offense as a whole is under performing though. We had so many chances on Sunday and didn't capitalize anywhere near as much as we should've. 

6 minutes ago, Blueblazes said:

Been watching NFL for 53 seasons now. I have never seen a better O lineman...bar none literally. And I am detailed oriented and watch the O line more than most anyone.

I have been watching since the late 70's. The only 3 guys I have ever seen that may be better or just as strong are Anthony Munoz, Joe Jacoby, and Larry Allen. Nelson is only in year 2 is the amazing thing. Nelson is flat out awesome. For the record I wanted him drafted as well over DE - Chubb and posted it a lot. 

50 minutes ago, Blueblazes said:

Been watching NFL for 53 seasons now. I have never seen a better O lineman...bar none literally. And I am detailed oriented and watch the O line more than most anyone.

I expected great, and we're getting it too.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been watching since the late 70's. The only 3 guys I have ever seen that may be better or just as strong are Anthony Munoz, Joe Jacoby, and Larry Allen. Nelson is only in year 2 is the amazing thing. Nelson is flat out awesome. For the record I wanted him drafted as well over DE - Chubb and posted it a lot. 

Agree with Allen, However, John Hannah was great, so was Bruce Matthews and Gene Upshaw.  I was too young to know Jerry Kramer, but heard the name as a little kid as my mother was a massive Bart Starr (Packers) fan.  I think Munoz was awesome, but wasn't he a tackle?  I was thinking guards, Q's peers. Love Q, though!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I expected great, and we're getting it too.

Agree with Allen, However, John Hannah was great, so was Bruce Matthews and Gene Upshaw.  I was too young to know Jerry Kramer, but heard the name as a little kid as my mother was a massive Bart Starr (Packers) fan.  I think Munoz was awesome, but wasn't he a tackle?  I was thinking guards, Q's peers. Love Q, though!!

Joe Jacoby was a Tackle as well. Great call on Hannah he was unreal too. I was just naming O. Lineman in general. I thought Nate Newton was great too, he was a Guard.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Joe Jacoby was a Tackle as well. Great call on Hannah he was unreal too. I was just naming O. Lineman in general. I thought Nate Newton was great too, he was a Guard.

I was just hoping Q could be Alan Faneca / Steve Hutchinson good when he was drafted. I now believe he may be better.

• Like 1