Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Injury (Merge)

csmopar

23 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Was it an actual setback? 

I just know that this calf injury has been going on for longer than I like. One PS game...could easilty turn into all of PS. 

At this point I won't be surprised if we don't see him until the 3rd PS game, if that.

It'll be interesting to see if he's back at practice by the time the joint practice with the Browns rolls around.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It should be fun to read some of these upcoming posts. I was actually hoping Luck would not play in the 1st 2 pre-season games, no need for a franchise QB with his experience to do so. He should play a half in the 3rd game and 1 series in the last game. That is just my opinion. He just needs to get 100% healthy before the regular season which is still 6 weeks away. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He would not of played much in the first preseason game anyway. That is no big deal. What is important is not having time with his new receivers and getting in sync.

I agree with this. It punishes everyone but Hilton, and I'm tired of this front office lying about Luck like the fans are pieces of meat. I'm getting paid on the 1st of the month, and now I don't want to order Sunday ticket. Sad, because I was really excited for the season before and after the draft, and right before training camp.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree with this. It punishes everyone but Hilton, and I'm tired of this front office lying about Luck like the fans are pieces of meat. I'm getting paid on the 1st of the month, and now I don't want to order Sunday ticket. Sad, because I was really excited for the season before and after the draft, and right before training camp.

an overreaction but, for you, not all that bad.  well done :thmup:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Was it an actual setback? 

I just know that this calf injury has been going on for longer than I like. One PS game...could easilty turn into all of PS. 

Im on a concern level yellow right now cause we are only about 5 weeks or so from regular season game one and this calf is still a problem sit him the rest of camp don't take any chances the Warriors pushed Kevin Durant to return too soon and he got a ruptured Achillies tendon for his trouble that happens to luck our season is up in smoke before it even begins sit him let him heal.

• Like 1

I am not going to say it’s time to panic but it’s time to be concerned.  The Colts have a history of being less than honest about Luck’s health and the time he’s been healing is well beyond what it should take for someone to heal from a simple calf strain.  Again,  I am not saying it’s panic time.  Luck could very well be out there for pre-season game two or three, but there is enough smoke here to be concerned about a fire.

• Like 4

At least they are being smart about it. Sit him for all of pre-season as long as it heals. Mildly surprising it’s not healed yet. I read somewhere between 6 weeks-3 months for a high level calf strain. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He would not of played much in the first preseason game anyway. That is no big deal. What is important is not having time with his new receivers and getting in sync.

Doesn’t look like they were planning on letting him play first or last game of preseason prior to this news coming out according to the above linked article.

• Like 1

I’m glad he’s being honest with himself about this. He also was open with the media about what’s going on. 

There are concerns, for example waiting three days to see if anything improves, but I’m going to trust him on this. At least it’s not his shoulder this time.

I say it too often I know, but time will reveal answers in the end.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Im on a concern level yellow right now cause we are only about 5 weeks or so from regular season game one and this calf is still a problem sit him the rest of camp don't take any chances the Warriors pushed Kevin Durant to return too soon and he got a ruptured Achillies tendon for his trouble that happens to luck our season is up in smoke before it even begins sit him let him heal.

Since it's been lingering so long, I'm a bit concerned now.  Time for Luck to take another trip to the Netherlands.  

I don't think concern is an overreaction at all.  Luck means so much to the team.

Hopefully he gets healthy, but it looks like he may fight this all season.   

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck will not practice for the next two days as he continues to manage a calf injury, according to coach Frank Reich.

Luck did not practice Tuesday, following an off-day for players on Monday.

Luck told reporters that he felt pain in the calf during Sunday's practice. He acknowledged that the idea of surgery was previously discussed but determined not to be necessary.

"The nature of it is a calf strain. I say lower leg because I feel pain in my ankle area. I've had images and X-rays and everything, and my Achilles is not at extra risk. There is no tears or swelling or anything that's indicated," he said.

Reich also said Luck would not play in the Colts' preseason opener, a decision made months ago. The coach would not commit to Luck's status for the second and third preseason games.

Luck said he would be ready for Week 1 of the regular season.

Luck missed the Colts' OTAs and minicamp after injuring his calf during the spring. General manager Chris Ballard said Wednesday that Luck would be limited for the first 7-10 days of camp because the team didn't want to rush him back.

• Like 1

This forum gives me high blood pressure. You know how many experienced elite QBs sit out during camp and preseason from minor injuries that would never prevent them from playing a real game? Its something to monitor, but nothing to panic about. Watch his media brief and tell me thats a worried Andrew Luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This should be cause for concern. But here's why I am not much, if at all. This roster is good. Still young. But good. Much different situation than what Brissett was thrown a) behind, and b) surrounded by a few years back... I'm completely comfortable thinking JB can win IF Andrew were to miss a few weeks to start the season. We can win enough to be in the thick of things or even at the top of the division IF that were to happen. 

The key thing here is that our leadership is not going to rush him and he will be 100% or damn close to it when he hits that field the first time. Perhaps that's the Home opener in week 3, and we are 1-1 or 2-0. Is that cause for concern? Not for me... 

• Like 2

Nobody is being lied to.   Two posters made that claim.   There was a NEW development on Sunday.

Fans are not entitled to all the news and information.    We’re entitled to whatever the team wants to tell us — period.   

This news is not good.  Why anyone is posting that they’re not worried or that they don’t think there’s reason for anyone to worry is a complete mystery. 

Luck hasn’t healed in three months.  The season starts in 5 weeks.   There’s your reason for worry.......

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nobody is being lied to.   Two posters made that claim.   There was a NEW development on Sunday.

Fans are not entitled to all the news and information.    We’re entitled to whatever the team wants to tell us — period.   

This news is not good.  Why anyone is posting that they’re not worried or that they don’t think there’s reason for anyone to worry is a complete mystery. 

Luck hasn’t healed in three months.  The season starts in 5 weeks.   There’s your reason for worry.......

I honestly will not be concerned at all unless they announce he is out for the 3rd game of the pre-season. The starters play in that game is why. As far as "Nobody is being lied to", I agree with you 100% there. Some think our organization is shady I guess haha .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's had a setback. What has happened with it over the last few months is kind of irrelevant at this point, seeing that he was doing fine and practicing. There is no indication this isn't extreme precautionary and that he won't be playing week 1. The contrary actually. 

IF for some reason Luck can't start the season, then I have confidence in Brissett.  He knows the offense and will be much better protected than he was a couple of years ago.  It's an entirely different situation for him now, compared to when he first arrived.

And, I don't believe we are being lied to, at all.  What would be the reason for that?  Excitement for this team is higher than it's been in a long time, and it's not all because of our QB.

I just think the setback was unexpected and they said from the beginning that Luck would be eased into training camp.

So he misses some pre-season game time...as long as he can come back and practice, I'm sure he'll be ready for week 1...and if not, then it would be due to another setback, not because the team is lying and hiding something.

• Like 2