Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Injury (Merge)

csmopar

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"Luck's situation is not good". "Not at all". That is what half the forum said last summer and he threw for 39 TD's and 4500 Yards. We went 10-6 and went to the final 8. You of all people should know it is way too early to be concerned. These posts today from some in here are downright embarrassing if you go back and read them. It has been toxic in here to be honest.

Yeah but Luck actually practiced last year, & played in the preseason games. He's already missed more of training camp this year than he did during all of last year's sessions. He's practiced twice so far, & it's only been individual drills & 7 on 7, nothing that's full speed or against a pass rush. I'm sure he's fine.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yeah but Luck actually practiced last year, & played in the preseason games. He's already missed more of training camp this year than he did during all of last year's sessions. He's practiced twice so far, & it's only been individual drills & 7 on 7, nothing that's full speed or against a pass rush. I'm sure he's fine.

Yep. This is nothing like last year. Hopefully he will get some reps in for a few weeks before the season starts.  Even if he only gets a series or two in the preseason is enough to get his timing down. Most important he needs those reps in practice.

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Isn't this true of segments of every fan base?  Especially at the pro level.

Do you have a comparison to other fan bases on which to make this claim?  How would you know if Colts fans in general are more or less knowledgeable than any other fan base?

Do you know of a fan base that is "the most knowledgeable"?

First....   I’ve never compared the fan base to any other.   So that eliminates any type of ranking issue.

Second....   as to whether most fan bases are like the Colts, not very knowledgeable, I’d doubt it.    Some teams, some cities are known for their fan bases.   

So in baseball, fans in St. Louis and Boston are known for being smart in addition to being loyal.    In basketball, Boston (again) and Indiana fans are known for being good knowledgeable.    Off hand, I don’t recall seeing a list for NFL, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t one.   No reason not to be one.   I’d be surprised if Green Bay and the NY Giants aren’t high on the list.   Note: it’s my guess that Dallas and New England might not be as high on the list (though I could easily be wrong)

The NFL has only been in Indiana for about what?  35 years?   I’d guess that factors in. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

First....   I’ve never compared the fan base to any other.   So that eliminates any type of ranking issue.

Second....   as to whether most fan bases are like the Colts, not very knowledgeable, I’d doubt it.    Some teams, some cities are known for their fan bases.   

So in baseball, fans in St. Louis and Boston are known for being smart in addition to being loyal.    In basketball, Boston (again) and Indiana fans are known for being good knowledgeable.    Off hand, I don’t recall seeing a list for NFL, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t one.   No reason not to be one.   I’d be surprised if Green Bay and the NY Giants aren’t high on the list.   Note: it’s my guess that Dallas and New England might not be as high on the list (though I could easily be wrong)

The NFL has only been in Indiana for about what?  35 years?   I’d guess that factors in. 

Fact is very few people let alone fans understand much about football.  Very complex game.

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. This is nothing like last year. Hopefully he will get some reps in for a few weeks before the season starts.  Even if he only gets a series or two in the preseason is enough to get his timing down. Most important he needs those reps in practice.

If he were practicing, but just opting not to play in preseason games, I wouldn't even be concerned in the slightest.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve never compared the fan base to any other.

as to whether most fan bases are like the Colts, not very knowledgeable, I’d doubt it.

Off hand, I don’t recall seeing a list for NFL, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t one.

So in other words, Colts fans could be more knowledgeable than any other NFL fan base.  You don't really know.

You're just throwing out an unfounded opinion due to some fans that don't know as much as you.

I don't know of a single fan base that's known for being "more knowledgeable" than others.  Every team has ignorant bandwagon fans...  :dunno:

• Like 5

The ol' calf injury designation might be the new "forearm" injury for a pitcher.  Many times they slow walk the "forearm injury" and its really the UCL, but somehow forearm doesn't "seem" as bad as elbow.  

Hoping I have irrational Durantaphobia, but wouldn't be surprised given the Colt's slow walking in the past as others on here have pointed out.  It would really suck because this team is ready I think.  

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Fact is very few people let alone fans understand much about football.  Very complex game.

There is a difference between what I consider to be a knowledgable football person and a knowledgable fan. 

To me, a knowledgable fan is one is who is well informed and keeps up to date on the team, while a knowledgable football person is someone who can break down a play, etc. 

I have to say the statement that bothers me the most is they discussed surgery.  I assume if they discussed it then it was an option.  Why would it be an option?   I read where they said there was no tear.  Then what would the surgery be for?  A partial tear and they are mincing words? What ever it is they are now hoping it heals by itself.  If that's the plan then I hope they go all in and target the last preseason game for his first action and hope he's ready by then.  Play it safe and let's hope he's ready to go.  Hopefully mother nature can do her thing and quickly.  

• Like 3

I see allot of posters too far on each side of this.  

No concern is silly.   When your franchise QB is having nagging pain for months, it IS a concern.  I'm concerned he could miss some regular season games.   

Too much concern is silly.   Luck is a tough guy.  Missing some preseason games may heal him enough to make it through the season.  The Colts bye week is week 6, so that is a good time for him to get some rest.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So in other words, Colts fans could be more knowledgeable than any other NFL fan base.  You don't really know.

You're just throwing out an unfounded opinion due to some fans that don't know as much as you.

I don't know of a single fan base that's known for being "more knowledgeable" than others.  Every team has ignorant bandwagon fans...  :dunno:

Ok....    you’ve decided to be argumentative today!    Good for you!

I’ve ALWAYS stated my view as my opinion.   I’ve never posted some link that ranked NFL fan bases.

You and everyone else here are entitled to your view.   You can disagree with me as much as you want.   I’m fine with that.   But in my 8 years of posting this, I get less and less push back.   Readers see what others post.  

Look....   I may complain about the lack of knowledge for the fan base,  but I’ve also repeatedly stated that there are many excellent posters here that I look forward to reading everyday.   I learn from them.  They offer views and information that I didn’t know or hadn’t considered.   I spend an enormous amount of time on this website.   I wouldn’t if I didn’t like the site and the members so much.  I’d brush off the comment.   Pay no attention to it.   But, your mileage may vary...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

you’ve decided to be argumentative today!    Good for you!

No, I just don't think it's a good idea to post an opinion that's a generalization of an entire group of people (that you happen to be a part of haha).

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think it's insulting and is better left unsaid.  :thmup:

• Like 4

I'm not a 'sky is falling' fan but this has me highly concerned.  These things linger and if two practices brought him back to nearly square one after 3 months of rehab/recovery it could very well take him out deep into the season (and I hate that the 'surgery' word was brought up months back if no tear).

Hope (awful pun) Luck is on our side and he can get some practice time in and start week 1.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have to say the statement that bothers me the most is they discussed surgery.  I assume if they discussed it then it was an option.  Why would it be an option?   I read where they said there was no tear.  Then what would the surgery be for?  A partial tear and they are mincing words? What ever it is they are now hoping it heals by itself.  If that's the plan then I hope they go all in and target the last preseason game for his first action and hope he's ready by then.  Play it safe and let's hope he's ready to go.  Hopefully mother nature can do her thing and quickly.  

He said that it was not needed. They probably discussed it as meaning let’s get a MRI to see if it is torn or needs surgery. 

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am sure it was his gymnast wife that put the stress on his calf over the off season (the rest, I leave to your imagination :D). 

Well the news that he and his wife are expecting their first child came out just before the news about his calf injury so.... you may be onto something there.

• Thanks 1

I was just watching a nfl network clip. Don’t know who the woman was. She said she got the feeling from inside the colts that this is just being very conservative. I really hope he can participate in the browns joint practices and pre season game.

Does anyone know if the QB still wear the red jersey in the joint practices with the browns?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok....    you’ve decided to be argumentative today!    Good for you!

I’ve ALWAYS stated my view as my opinion.   I’ve never posted some link that ranked NFL fan bases.

You and everyone else here are entitled to your view.   You can disagree with me as much as you want.   I’m fine with that.   But in my 8 years of posting this, I get less and less push back.   Readers see what others post.  

Look....   I may complain about the lack of knowledge for the fan base,  but I’ve also repeatedly stated that there are many excellent posters here that I look forward to reading everyday.   I learn from them.  They offer views and information that I didn’t know or hadn’t considered.   I spend an enormous amount of time on this website.   I wouldn’t if I didn’t like the site and the members so much.  I’d brush off the comment.   Pay no attention to it.   But, your mileage may vary...

NCF, I respect the heck out of you. Always have! In regards to the fan base, I think you could revise it to this forum and the internet. 

Many Colts fans in person aren’t as dramatic or uninformed as what we see on here... I know given your location that’s hard to gain perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Use Next year's 2nd (from Washington) for a QB?

Brissett will be gone.  Groom a young QB for cheap insurance then trade him before 1st contract is up....: NE style.

Using a second rounder on a QB when our 4x Pro Bowl franchise QB hasn't even turned 30 yet is a little extreme. Maybe round 3 or 4 though

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

E

As for this place being toxic....  this website often is around training camp.     People get way too excited,  too hyped up.    And when things go wrong,  they go crazy.    I've said since I arrived....  very passionate fan base....   not the most knowledgeable.    It doesn't make me very popular.   But I think it's true....

I think you are spouting nonsense here.  I've lived in different cities and Indy fans are as knowledgeable as any other fan base.  

If you are simply going off of people on a forum, that is a small sample size.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

No, I just don't think it's a good idea to post an opinion that's a generalization of an entire group of people (that you happen to be a part of haha).

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think it's insulting and is better left unsaid.  :thmup:

In my 7-plus year’s here,  you’re not the first person to tell me that.    :thmup:

51 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think you are spouting nonsense here.  I've lived in different cities and Indy fans are as knowledgeable as any other fan base.  

If you are simply going off of people on a forum, that is a small sample size.  

I’m only going off this forum.   Period. 

Whatever the size,  this group is all I’m referencing. 

45 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Using a second rounder on a QB when our 4x Pro Bowl franchise QB hasn't even turned 30 yet is a little extreme. Maybe round 3 or 4 though

I agree, but that #2 feels like house money.  Those are the ones i feel better about reaching or doing things like this.  But a 2nd is a 2nd no matter how you slice it.

It was half joke / half serious.  The injury struggles Andrew has had lead me to feel better if we had a "good" backup.  I think, especially with our cap situation, making sure we have a guy who can step in if needed for a game or two isnt a luxury, its a prudent insurance policy.  Whether we draft or sign a guy.  I just thought a pick is less expensive and could have some back-end value if managed properly.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

NCF, I respect the heck out of you. Always have! In regards to the fan base, I think you could revise it to this forum and the internet. 

Many Colts fans in person aren’t as dramatic or uninformed as what we see on here... I know given your location that’s hard to gain perspective.

RC....

Many thanks...   appreciate the kind words...    I’ve posted elsewhere in this thread that my view is only about the people in this forum.   I’m not throwing insults at the state of Indiana or the city of Indianapolis. 

Ive also said here in this thread that the good posters far outweigh the bad.  I wouldn’t spend the time I do here if that wasn’t the case....

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2019 at 10:46 AM, Chloe6124 said:

We have a right to be concerned. If this didn’t heal after three months the chances of it lingering into the season are pretty high. 

They said a while back (after Durant came back early and tore his achilles) they were going to be extra cautious with Luck.  I think he's going to be just fine by the start of the season.

18 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe it's one of two things. They are outright lying in order to sell tickets again because the real news is worse than intially thought and he needs surgery, or they just have no idea and passing along guesses as fact. They may honestly be hoping rest heals him at this point. Just be honest with the fanbase, you've already been caught doing this once.

This is in the NFL script obviously.   A training camp injury to luck.   The season is doomed.     BUT  wait a minute,   they come out of nowhere to win the Superbowl

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was just watching a nfl network clip. Don’t know who the woman was. She said she got the feeling from inside the colts that this is just being very conservative. I really hope he can participate in the browns joint practices and pre season game.

Does anyone know if the QB still wear the red jersey in the joint practices with the browns?

I’m sure they will in fact I have no doubt they will.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah, I just hope they don't keep bringing him back and having more 'setbacks' and finally decide he needs surgery and rehab.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Says the one who was freaking out 24 hours ago and wanting to start Brissett.....

You didn’t pay that much attention then. I said I wasn’t freaking out about luck. I said he will be fine. What has me concerned is how much TC he misses. That could effect how we start the season. We can’t have a slow start with this schedule. If he comes back next week and practices great. My concern is for the team if he misses all of camp.

Luck’s sound bite also said he was calling it a lower leg injury because he was feeling pain in his ankle too.  That’s not just his calf.  With that said I still wouldn’t panic.  I do think most are concerned and IMO that’s the proper response right now.  Luck also said he will be ready week one so let’s hope Luck is right.  

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Luck’s sound bite also said he was calling it a lower leg injury because he was feeling pain in his ankle too.  That’s not just his calf.  With that said I still wouldn’t panic.  I do think most are concerned and IMO that’s the proper response right now.  Luck also said he will be ready week one so let’s hope Luck is right.  

I believe a calf strain could cause ankle pain. He did call it a strain and not a sprain which is good. A sprain would mean some tearing. So him calling it a strain is hopefully a good sign.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I believe a calf strain could cause ankle pain. He did call it a strain and not a sprain which is good. A sprain would mean some tearing. So him calling it a strain is hopefully a good sign.

Either way I am going to stay just concerned until it sounds like he’s going to miss regular season games.

31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Do you guys think he is doing reps like snapping the ball with Kelly and other things that don’t require a lot of movement. He did look sweaty in that presser yesterday.

Most likely he’s in some sort of training regimen that doesn’t target the calf in weird ways. So probably lifting upper body etc. and probably light cardio