Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
csmopar

Andrew Luck Injury (Merge)

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

 

I stand corrected: "You've already been caught doing this once, so then whenever anyone important has any injury and you say they're doing fine, I'm gonna accuse you of doing it again cause of your history"

Nope, just Luck. If someone else like Leonard, Nelson, or Hilton gets a serious injury, people will still buy tickets. Might be a slight decline, but others will scoop them up. Luck is the one player being out that will make a difference in ticket sales, and the difference between a home game(s) feeling like an away game(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Someone should create a Thread, will Luck start on opening day? haha After reading some of these posts someone should. If you vote no then you will look silly IMO. That is all that matters in reality. I would love to see him in game 3 of the pre-season as I have posted but if it doesn't happen, it is what it is. My level of concern as of now on a scale of 0-10 is a 2 about his injury. I didn't go 0 or 1 because he is feeling discomfort. If he doesn't play in game 3 of the pre-season it will still just be a 5 which is concern but not major concern

 

To the people saying it his Achilles, Luck says it isn't and scans were even done saying it wasn't according to Luck. So to those people saying it is, you are calling Luck a liar.

I'm 70/30 on whether Luck will start opening day right now. I don't believe he has an achilles injury, but I believe his calf/ankle injury is probably worse than reported, and there's some dishonesty going on with his timetable to return with a slight chance of surgery.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nope, just Luck. If someone else like Leonard, Nelson, or Hilton gets a serious injury, people will still buy tickets. Might be a slight decline, but others will scoop them up. Luck is the one player being out that will make a difference in ticket sales, and the difference between a home game(s) feeling like an away game(s).

Obviously if Luck missed the season, people will not take us serious. We do have a better coach now and a deeper team than in 2017. Lets say Luck missed the entire the season, Brissett could still play good and lead us to an 8-8 season IMO. Luck will be fine though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nope, just Luck. If someone else like Leonard, Nelson, or Hilton gets a serious injury, people will still buy tickets. Might be a slight decline, but others will scoop them up. Luck is the one player being out that will make a difference in ticket sales, and the difference between a home game(s) feeling like an away game(s).

 

K fine: "Anytime Andrew Luck has an injury, I'm gonna speculate that we're all being lied to and it's secretly some big injury... because reasons"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Obviously if Luck missed the season, people will not take us serious. We do have a better coach now and a deeper team than in 2017. Lets say Luck missed the entire the season, Brissett could still play good and lead us to an 8-8 season IMO. Luck will be fine though.

I agree, I would enjoy watching the young talent, but my heart wouldn't be in it with Brissett at QB. It would feel like we were the Jaguars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, I would enjoy watching the young talent, but my heart wouldn't be in it with Brissett at QB. It would feel like we were the Jaguars.

Brissett seems to have a great connection with TY. I don’t think all would be lost. Brissett isn’t Luck but he seems to be pretty good. I do agree the excitement would not be as high.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with Luck we go 11-5 and go to the final 4, with Brissett probably 8-8. Brissett is a great back-up though. He just isn't Luck where he can beat the better teams IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myles said:

I think there is definitely cause for concern.   The MVP caliber QB of the Colts has a pain that has been lingering for 3 months.   Many feel the team is ready for a Superbowl run.   

However, the concern shouldn't be so much that we are talking about drafting a QB with one of the teams first couple picks in next years draft.   

 

The fact that there's that much concern that people are talking about drafting a QB in high rounds next year tells more about the people than the actual injury. So don't base your concern levels on reactions from the fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Here is the dilemma, is the defense really as good as it’s reported to be or is it because it’s playing against a back up QB? I think that’s a point several of us have pointed to as being an issue with not having Luck in during practice. Luck may school this defense and then the coaches see cracks in the system. Brissett May give artificial hope that the defense is doing what it’s should be doing because of inferior play at QB. How many years have we thought we had a pretty solid defense because they looked great against our offense in TC only to get slaughtered in the preseason and first games of the season. 

 

I'm not basing anything on how they are performing in practice.  The defense was a pleasant surprise last year and played pretty well.  With another year of experience and a few new additions I am hoping they are better than last year.  I am also hoping they start out strong.  Since most offenses will not be in mid-season form game one it is a great opportunity for the defense to shine.

 

Again - I used the hope word quite a bit there.  We won't know anything until they start to play in real games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, I would enjoy watching the young talent, but my heart wouldn't be in it with Brissett at QB. It would feel like we were the Jaguars.

I hear ya. I know without Luck there 0 chance at a SB. Hopefully we do not face that dilemma. I do like Brissett though. He would make things interesting with the team we have now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One concern with Andrew's 'mild calf strain' is how well it holds up to getting hit in a real game. Do we think that opposing D players are going to 'take it easy' on him or try to knock him out of the game (perhaps many games). He is going to be a target if he has a known weakness. I doubt if Andrew plays anywhere near 16 games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

One concern with Andrew's 'mild calf strain' is how well it holds up to getting hit in a real game. Do we think that opposing D players are going to 'take it easy' on him or try to knock him out of the game (perhaps many games). He is going to be a target if he has a known weakness.

 

This is the big question, and we'll learn the hard way (by watching it happen, and hoping he recovers fine after getting tackled or sacked).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

One concern with Andrew's 'mild calf strain' is how well it holds up to getting hit in a real game. Do we think that opposing D players are going to 'take it easy' on him or try to knock him out of the game (perhaps many games). He is going to be a target if he has a known weakness. I doubt if Andrew plays anywhere near 16 games.

 

 

If you're specifically trying to target an area, usually that comes at the expense of getting the best angle for a regular tackle. So there's that. But the other thing is that that would literally apply to any injury to a high profile person in the league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Brissett seems to have a great connection with TY. I don’t think all would be lost. Brissett isn’t Luck but he seems to be pretty good. I do agree the excitement would not be as high.

 

He's very good, and will get a chance to start in the NFL next year. Just not for the Colts. Unless the bottom falls out...  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, I would enjoy watching the young talent, but my heart wouldn't be in it with Brissett at QB. It would feel like we were the Jaguars.

 

Here's an unlikely scenario for you... Brissett plays the first half of the season, and this team lights up 7-1. What do you do if Luck is somewhat healthy. Furthermore. What if they sit Luck becuase of the 7-1 start, and JB falls just short of a SB. Furthermore. What if he WINS a SB? Omg. :woah:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a fear Jacoby will go back to NE when he becomes a free agent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Does anyone have a fear Jacoby will go back to NE when he becomes a free agent.

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No

Well they liked him at one time. He will get to choose where he goes and Brady will be retiring. Your probably right though he will want to go somewhere to start right away. So unless Brady retires after this year he probably wouldn’t go back there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigQungus said:

 

I think it's going crazy if we compare this injury at all to last year's injury. Yes, things are different. But you wrote it as if we're supposed to believe that things are different in a worse way, because this year Luck suffered a setback and isn't practicing as much in training camp, and last year he did. 

 

To be clear, I'm not saying your reaction ranks anywhere near the all-time colts.com level freakouts. I am new on this forum, but I have been reading it for a few years now, probably since 2016. I wasn't able to join cause the members application wasn't working for some reason. I was just exploding when I saw someone type something crazy and I couldn't respond! haha

But regarding this issue, you definitely seem to be reacting the strongest and playing into your emotions and fears versus reason. Hence, your point about people here being emotional and brainless doesn't bode well when you react with such emotion and fear. Not that I'm blaming you for reacting that way, I'm just saying 

 

Look at the thread.

 

I have one post.   Maybe two?   (about Luck's injury)

 

Otherwise,   I'm almost no where to be found.     Look how few posters are commenting on my post.   A few, but that's it.    I'm barely engaged in this discussion.     People here can agree with me or not. I'm OK with either outcome.

 

Really....     this is just a normal discussion....

 

Nothing more.

 

And a belated welcome to the website.    I'm not a moderator,  but sorry about the difficulty coming on-line here.     Hope you enjoy the site.    It can be addictive!   And that's a good thing!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Here's an unlikely scenario for you... Brissett plays the first half of the season, and this team lights up 7-1. What do you do if Luck is somewhat healthy. Furthermore. What if they sit Luck becuase of the 7-1 start, and JB falls just short of a SB. Furthermore. What if he WINS a SB? Omg. :woah:

Looking at the schedule, starting 7-1 with Brissett is very unlikely. Starting 7-1 with Andrew is very unlikely (especially if he still has rusty training camp hangover). This is a tough schedule and it would be difficult to  better last year's record even with a fully healthy and practiced Luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Here's an unlikely scenario for you... Brissett plays the first half of the season, and this team lights up 7-1. What do you do if Luck is somewhat healthy. Furthermore. What if they sit Luck becuase of the 7-1 start, and JB falls just short of a SB. Furthermore. What if he WINS a SB? Omg. :woah:

This is the greatest mind screw yet. What a thread, I knew it would be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is the greatest mind screw yet. What a thread, I knew it would be. 

All we would here is should we trade luck and keep Jacoby. If that actually happened I would feel so bad for Luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I heard today which was interesting. The nice thing about having Brissett as a backup is if we had to play him in the regular season the colts wouldn’t have to change what they do. He can make all the throws. He is actually very vocal as s leader also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

All we would here is should we trade luck and keep Jacoby. If that actually happened I would feel so bad for Luck.

It will never happen but if we won a SB with Humpty Dumpty at QB I would be happy. I am pretty sure Luck will be 100% by opening day but I am not a Doctor and haven't talked to Luck personally. I see Brissett as a 7-9/8-8 QB with the roster we have now = average. He is a great back up but would probably be an average starter. I see Luck as an 11-5 guy and a final 4 QB. Luck is borderline great and the elite teams would fear him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m growing tired of this routine.  Just wish Luck could be healthy and actually get some meaningful preseason work in with his team mates.  His new receivers could really use those snaps with him.  Tired of him being behind the eight ball (health wise) and getting off to slow starts in the regular season while trying to find his groove.  But it is what it is.  Always seems to be some injury talk surrounding him.  

 

I know Jacoby had a good day in camp today but I just can’t get excited over it.  We need 12 to be right. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, Chloe6124 said:

In all honesty I am not even concerned about Luck at all. My concern is how this could affect the team to start the season and having a slow start.

Since its not a shoulder injury or an arm injury..

..this isn't a major concern 5 weeks before the season..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigQungus said:

 

The fact that there's that much concern that people are talking about drafting a QB in high rounds next year tells more about the people than the actual injury. So don't base your concern levels on reactions from the fans.

I actually said:

the concern shouldn't be so much that we are talking about drafting a QB with one of the teams first couple picks in next years draft."

 

Unless this ends up being career ending (which is extremely unlikely), the Colts shouldn't and wouldn't draft a QB with a high pick.   

 

The only reason I am concerned is because it is a lingering injury that could affect his play in the regular season.   But right now we don't know.   He may play in a preseason game and play the full regular season.   Right now, that is what I would put my money on.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect we will see Luck at least try and practice tomorrow and see how the calf responds. He might only do one on ones or 7 on sevens but I would think he is going to want to see how it responds. He might be having ankle pain because of he had the calf issue. Once he gets his gate rate again from the calf hopefully he will be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone explain to me how a calf MUSCLE injury, not a ligament

or some other major injury but a MUSCLE injury keep a guy unhealthy

after 3 months of issues? 

 

Jack this guy up with some roids and get the dang thing healed already!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Here's an unlikely scenario for you... Brissett plays the first half of the season, and this team lights up 7-1. What do you do if Luck is somewhat healthy. Furthermore. What if they sit Luck becuase of the 7-1 start, and JB falls just short of a SB. Furthermore. What if he WINS a SB? Omg. :woah:

 

Dear ColtStrong,

       So let me see if I understand your hypothetical:

A backup QB comes in and out performs the injured franchise QB, AND leads his team to the playoffs, AND then a Super Bowl victory? This could never happen again. What kind of fantasy land do you live in?

 

Sincerely,

Carson Wentz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I suspect we will see Luck at least try and practice tomorrow and see how the calf responds. He might only do one on ones or 7 on sevens but I would think he is going to want to see how it responds. He might be having ankle pain because of he had the calf issue. Once he gets his gate rate again from the calf hopefully he will be ok.


I'd be kind of surprised if he practices tomorrow. I don't even really expect to see him at practice before the 1st PS game. That'd be nice though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Someone explain to me how a calf MUSCLE injury, not a ligament

or some other major injury but a MUSCLE injury keep a guy unhealthy

after 3 months of issues? 

 

Jack this guy up with some roids and get the dang thing healed already!

Just my opinion but I suspect the calf is fine. The ankle pain could be caused from the bad calf and caused him to not walk properly. He was compensating for the bad calf. Once he gets his gate back correctly the ankle pain will go away. I heard chris Simms on a youtube Video mentioning this. That the bad calf can make you use other parts of your body to compensate for it. If he is working with Tom House he should be able to correct it pretty quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also read a athletic article that Brissett is also working with House while he is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just my opinion but I suspect the calf is fine. The ankle pain could be caused from the bad calf and caused him to not walk properly. He was compensating for the bad calf. Once he gets his gate back correctly the ankle pain will go away. I heard chris Simms on a youtube Video mentioning this. That the bad calf can make you use other parts of your body to compensate for it. If he is working with Tom House he should be able to correct it pretty quickly.


I don't know about the calf being completely fine...Kevin Bowen said Luck was talking about feeling a "pulling" when he opened up to throw. That sounds to me like muscle/calf related. Not to mention Luck did outright say, along with feeling ankle pain, that the nature of the injury is a calf strain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


I don't know about the calf being completely fine...Kevin Bowen said Luck was talking about feeling a "pulling" when he opened up to throw. That sounds to me like muscle/calf related. Not to mention Luck did outright say, along with feeling ankle pain, that the nature of the injury is a calf strain.

I listened to the podcast with Kevin Bowen and he made a good point.

 

Luck said that his calf/ankle was tight, and it felt as though he may pull something. He felt this when he was throwing (opening up to throw), and forced to move quickly off of his spot. This was during 7-on-7 practice, which would rank as a 3 in a scale of walk through practice being a 1 and a Sunday live football game being a 10. He felt pain/discomfort during just a 7-on-7 drill.

 

Luck was limited to begin with. Limited.... and yet, he still had a set back. This is something to be worried about until Luck proves otherwise. We have to wait and see and hope for the best.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Simms was saying is when you have a. bad calf like that it forces you to use parts of the body you don’t normally use to compensate for the calf.  Once you start using your baby correctly again it goes away. It could be either. It could still be the calf is still bad or he just has to start using it correctly again. He mentioned it’s most likely not still the calf after 3.5 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What Simms was saying is when you have a. bad calf like that it forces you to use parts of the body you don’t normally use to compensate for the calf.  Once you start using your baby correctly again it goes away. It could be either. It could still be the calf is still bad or he just has to start using it correctly again. He mentioned it’s most likely not still the calf after 3.5 months.


Oh, I don't disagree with any of that. I know that can be the case with a lot of injuries to your leg. Hurt something, overcompensate and hurt something else.

I just think his calf is also still bugging him with everything we've heard from Bowen relaying what Luck told him. All just speculation on my part though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, indyagent17 said:

There's a lot of training camp left and if we know anything Luck is an extreme competitor. I don't really care if he misses the first preseason game as long as he gets a his calf healthy. 

 I have an idea. Luck should not play the first PS game,then play only the 4th quarter in the second PS game,then Play the second half in the 3rd season game and then play the whole game in the 4th game. All his time on the field would be played against the other teams NOT starting defense and he would then less likely to be injured . And still get a lot of practice in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

 I have an idea. Luck should not play the first PS game,then play only the 4th quarter in the second PS game,then Play the second half in the 3rd season game and then play the whole game in the 4th game. All his time on the field would be played against the other teams NOT starting defense and he would then less likely to be injured . And still get a lot of practice in.

One could argue that he would be more at risk of injury because he would also be playing behind an inferior O-line.   Also he would be facing lots of players who are trying to make a name for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...