Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs 2019 AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you are the only one the whole league is laughing at him im on nfl forum right now every single person is calling luck the most overrated thing ever and laughing at him.  even the nfl players voted luck most overrated tied with eli manning.  

I have not read that. Care to cite your source? I disagree. I'll take Luck on my team.

Kirk Cousins was voted the most overrated by NFL defensive players. Source below:

Cousins Voted the Most Overrated

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tomorrow we will hear all about how this defense was a bunch of pretenders and aren’t as good as advertised.

We need a major up grade on defense to compete with teams like this. Plus need some receiver help.

It’s a mixture of both. Yes the defense may have been overrated and benefited from some crappy offenses but the Chiefs do this to everyone.

The Offense is by far the most disappointing. Hilton has gone ghost. Mack has had a little success but not enough big yards. Andrew was def guiding the ball and not slinging it. Mahomes is doing the opposite 

Just now, Caffrey said:

I was about it is only a 14 point deficit, not as bad as the 28 point 3rd quarter deficit we came back from.  Still 17 points is not as bad as 28 point for a great comeback.  That last drive shows we can move the ball passing with a hurry up offense that we should do the rest of the game.  We need to pass 90% of the plays, run periodically to keep the honest.  A whole team breakdown.  Luck, Ebron first drop, offsides by Autry, Hunt, and Sherod.  Safety Wilcox looks lost but may be because he is a recent pick up to our system. His horse collar flag was stupid, was way out of bounds already.  Lets open it up, if we go down, we go down guns a blazing.

That's the spirit, CAFF

The weather is not an issue..

Andrew's throwing it 40 times in the second half and we go no-huddle

If we hit some passes, the run will be there.

We can score 3 or 4 TDs in a half

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I was thinking about that, IUE

….With Ebron and Cox.....a jump ball toss was an option I bet coach Frank considered

Yep.  Maybe get a PI or something too and get the ball at the 1, then you go for it for sure.  Well, goes without saying, another TD ends this- if they get down by 24 there's no way back.  Get down 20 and maybe, if Chiefs play prevent- they've blown a lot of playoff games, although with different personnel.

I don't care what happened in the first half, this is my team and I will believe and support them til the end.  We as fans can be disappointed and angry but we should not be given up.  And if by some way we win this game it will be us true fans that deserves the right to celebrate and rejoice over the victory.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Stop whining...we getting our butts kicked; not the refs. Be for real

There has been at least 2 PI, a hold, and two False starts that have not been called. Butts kicked because the refs aren't cashing the obvious. You can't use someone to push up on, thats PI. People blame cox? You cast out jump someone who's on topthe of you.

3 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Not surprised by the defense getting shredded. This flacid offense though? Pretty surprised. Just because the KC defense is supposed to be THAT BAD.

Yes. If our defense didn’t play well I had confidence the offense would keep us in them game. Just bad all around. 

I think we went to pass happy alt and bad play calling from the start of this game. We wanted to stay balanced and got sucked into trying to outscore them.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tomorrow we will hear all about how this defense was a bunch of pretenders and aren’t as good as advertised.

We need a major up grade on defense to compete with teams like this. Plus need some receiver help.

To be fair, we all knew defense needed upgrades in the beginning. We overachieved this year and the draft and FA can address the defense like this season addressed the oline. We still have a bright future. Mahomes is just a very very good player. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iuecon99 said:

Yep.  I still would do it.  We cannot ever, ever stop them.  Missed FG probably ends game anyway.

Onside kick recoveries were rare before, now without a running start, you're just handing them the ball midfield. There's no reason to do that. Your best bet is to make them march the distance of the field. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

There has been at least 2 PI, a hold, and two False starts that have not been called. Butts kicked because the refs aren't cashing the obvious. You can't use someone to push up on, thats PI. People blame cox? You cast out jump someone who's on topthe of you.

This.

We aren’t playing well at all but clearly the NFL wants the Chiefs to win.

Just now, Shive said:

Onside kick recoveries were rare before, now without a running start, you're just handing them the ball midfield. There's no reason to do that. Your best bet is to make them march the distance of the field. 

Yeah that's probably true.  It's too bad it's so hard to recover, good for player safety though

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

“Chiefs vs. Colts, 2014 NFL Playoffs final score: Andrew Luck sparks comeback 45-44 win

The Chiefs had the Colts dead to rights Saturday. Then Andrew Luck happened”

CANT GIVE UP YET GUYS 

Totally different offense that we are facing

2 minutes ago, James said:

Not really.

But you seem quite the annoying person in here.

Fans are allowed to vent, even overreact.

You need to just chill.

Your on the wrong side!

Annoying to the Trolls yes!

To loyal Colts fans absolutely not!

Can I get a like please

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Boom!  The commentator on NBC just said exactly what I have been saying for weeks.

STOP GUIDING THE BALL LUCK!

You throw like a sissy girl.  Or at the very least like a average high school QB.

He does not ZING the ball like the top qbs do.

39 Tds. 4,000 yards..

hes thrown that way all year

Just now, Jdubu said:

To be fair, we all knew defense needed upgrades in the beginning. We overachieved this year and the draft and FA can address the defense like this season addressed the oline. We still have a bright future. Mahomes is just a very very good player. 

Agreed. We way overachieved and even if we lose, it's been a huge win of a season.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

This.

We aren’t playing well at all but clearly the NFL wants the Chiefs to win.

Eh, didn't seem out of line- I thought Luck got hit late a couple times and maybe a PI they got by with, but nothing that bad- we didn't establish the run and that dropped third down pass on the first series really hurt.

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

He has really lost it this year imo.

I posted earlier this week in the thread about the field goal kicker they cut this off season who now kicks for the Chargers.  He is going to be a good one.  Wish they would have kept him.

I was the OP of that thread.  And most posters raked me over the coals for it.  Just sayin’

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

It’s a mixture of both. Yes the defense may have been overrated and benefited from some crappy offenses but the Chiefs do this to everyone.

The Offense is by far the most disappointing. Hilton has gone ghost. Mack has had a little success but not enough big yards. Andrew was def guiding the ball and not slinging it. Mahomes is doing the opposite 

Watch when Luck is really guiding it.  He is not fluid at all.

He shrinks his body, does not take a full wind up, and guides the ball towards his target rather than standing tall and zipping it in there with a FLUID motion.

I really noticed it towards the end of the season and big time the second half of the Texans game,