Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs 2019 AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah...we are a good run blocking line but we are not THAT good a pass blocking line

..and I don't know why Andrew had 4 passes tipped...That should not happen.

I hope he's okay

Last 6 quarters he did not look good

He seems to not see hands in his face a lot.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

Yes, I know, but it's a snowball.  It's not like we're talking Philly fans throwing D-cell batteries at players.  It's snow.

Could be ice. Could be lots of things surrounded by snow.

You see, snow has the ability to surround items and take many shapes and forms

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

nextyear.jpg

I can’t disagree. This was a game where we never adjusted a thing and nothing we did worked and nobody stepped up. This was probably the worst game we’ve played all year. The Jags game will be second because at least the defense played as well as could be asked.

inwould t bring Vinny back, I wouldn’t extend Ebron yet, I’d extend Kenny Moore before he gets on the bus. We better use all the cap space this year. I’m extremely disappointed in this game,  wry encourages for the years to come if we buy in. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah...we are a good run blocking line but we are not THAT good a pass blocking line

..and I don't know why Andrew had 4 passes tipped...That should not happen.

I hope he's okay

Last 6 quarters he did not look good

He always get passes tipped.  I feel like he could use his legs much more.  This year, understandably Luck didn't use his legs as near as much as I thought he could.  He needs to do this much more in opportune situations which happen all the time.  

I understand Luck is coming off an injury, but he ran for significantly less this year than in previous years.  He had 0 rushing touchdowns. I don't know if it was the injury or the coaching staff, but this is not something the Colts fan afford to do with such an athletic QB.  

I really hope this changes next year and the coaching staff is not discourging him from running the ball.  Contrary to what many might think and his injuries, Luck is an athletic QB.  He has to utilize his legs, when it matters.  Like Mahomes of course.  I honestly think he's somewhat similar on an athletic spectrum.  

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I may have not given enough weight to one stat: KC led the NFL in sacks..

I've been thinking that with all of these comments about our OL. Their pass rush is legit and I think some of their changes at CB have been big for them. Took the 2 over the hill CB's out for a pair of young guys that started looking solid the past few KC games.

That's why I hate hearing season long stats. Week 1 I irrelevant at this point. How have they been over the last 4 or 5 games?

• Like 1

Well certainly a disappointing end to our season. But I am very proud of our team. To go from being ranked dead last to making it to the divisional round, quite an accomplishment I would say :)  

Looking forward to next season, with a year of growth from our rookies and hopefully another great draft by Ballard.  We have alot to be proud of.

• Like 5

Definitely a great season.  The Colts made it where they shouldn't after starting 1-5.  The Colts are poised to dominate the division long term, BUT they have to figure out how to beat these great teams.  Pats, Chiefs, Steelers <-- yes they will be back.   I do feel the Chiefs won't be the same next year, kind of like the Eagles in 2017, but they still will be great 10-11 wins.  The Colts need to get MUCH better, lots of holes to fill.  

30 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Dude went into Denver and beat Manning at Denver.  He can win big games.  The Patriots have been their nemesis now the Chiefs will be unless Ballard does something about it.  Luck and co can do it if they build the team right.  

Frank got out coached as well, badly.  There was no comparison.  Their D played phenomenal.  

Keep in mind this team wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs.  

Keep in mind Frank is a rookie too. 

He will get better this offseason as much as the other young players on this roster, if not more. This team is going to vastly improve this offseason. Hope everyone enjoyed being under the radar this season. Things are about to change big time. 

Rough end to a great year. We could have been in this thing tonight just shot ourselves in the foot time and time again. Here is to a fun offseason! 

Go Blue forever.

• Like 3

Unfortunate loss. Like I was trying to say before people thought I was a drunk fool, the refs sucked in this game, but the Colts offense sucked worse. I'm super impressed by our defense for giving us so many shots to win the game.

If Colts offense plays like they are capable of instead of shooting themselves we easily are headed to NE next week.

I hope Riech learns from this game. I'm cool with mistakes that are learnt from.

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Keep in mind Frank is a rookie too. 

He will get better this offseason as much as the other young players on this roster, if not more. This team is going to vastly improve this offseason. Hope everyone enjoyed being under the radar this season. Things are about to change big time. 

Rough end to a great year. We could have been in this thing tonight just shot ourselves in the foot time and time again. Here is to a fun offseason! 

Go Blue forever.

Yeah, I think this will be a game that Frank remembers and uses to galvanize this team moving forward.

Remember the Alamo, and Remember the Massacre in Arrowhead!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Unfortunate loss. Like I was trying to say before people thought I was a drunk fool, the refs sucked in this game, but the Colts offense sucked worse. I'm super impressed by our defense for giving us so many shots to win the game.

If Colts offense plays like they are capable of instead of shooting themselves we easily are headed to NE next week.

I hope Riech learns from this game. I'm cool with mistakes that are learnt from.

I liked the adjustments made defensively at halftime. They did enough to win the game. Offense did not. That happened several times this season, but early on, not really of late. I look for the receiving unit to be upgraded and built upon a few good pieces. Offensive line to continue improving and upgrading. We will return the top tight end room in the league with Doyle coming back from injury, ebron building off a great year, and allie cox under cheap contract. They will primarily focus on this defense. Needs on all levels. I would love to draft a playmaking corner early. We just don't have it. The pieces are there. Excited to watch Ballard work this offseason. We are very close to being a serious contender. 

8 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I'll be surprised if any of these refs are in the SB, if they indeed grade them and dole out assignments  like they say they do.  They were beyond bad.  

1 hour ago, kornstar said:

At least the team made a lot of Colts “fans” happy today.

there are plenty that seem excited when we lose.

Wth is up?

No Coits fans are happy when we lose. :scratch:

We faced the number 1 seed...who obviously deserved that seed.  They bested us and it's the end of our season, but not the end of our team, or our team support.

We had a good run the second half of the season.  It's okay to recognize that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Wth is up?

No Coits fans are happy when we lose. :scratch:

We faced the number 1 seed...who obviously deserved that seed.  They bested us and it's the end of our season, but not the end of our team, or our team support.

We had a good run the second half of the season.  It's okay to recognize that.

I’m in here every week and i don’t recall any of the posters mentioning anything about how bad Luck is and how we should trade him when we were winning, in fact i don’t even remember seeing those posters in the forum and commenting at all on game day.

Today the entire team crapped the bed and all we seen was how bad Luck is and they have suspected for weeks that he is terrible. Didn’t see it in the game threads where we won but they assure us that it’s true and they said it.

Leonard was getting the same treatment early in the game and then he started making plays so they shut up.

Those are the “fans” I’m referring to because they seem legitimately excited that Luck had a bad game because it some how proves (in their delusional minds) that he is a bad QB.

Even better is then they say that he is no Manning while forgetting how long it took for Manning to win a play off game and after 8 play off games Luck is 4-4, Manning was 3-5.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kornstar said:

I’m in here every week and i don’t recall any of the posters mentioning anything about how bad Luck is and how we should trade him when we were winning, in fact i don’t even remember seeing those posters in the forum and commenting at all on game day.

Today the entire team crapped the bed and all we seen was how bad Luck is and they have suspected for weeks that he is terrible. Didn’t see it in the game threads where we won but they assure us that it’s true and they said it.

Leonard was getting the same treatment early in the game and then he started making plays so they shut up.

Those are the “fans” I’m referring to because they seem legitimately excited that Luck had a bad game because it some how proves (in their delusional minds) that he is a bad QB.

Even better is then they say that he is no Manning while forgetting how long it took for Manning to win a play off game and after 8 play off games Luck is 4-4, Manning was 3-5.

Thank you for explaining.

I rarely comment during the game, so I miss a lot of those comments. By design.

I prefer to just watch the game, and comment before or after.   

Andrew didn't have his best day, neither did Adam.   But....

KC wasn't losing to anyone today. That was obvious from the get go. Credit where credit is due. They deserved to win. 

• Like 2

That is what is lost most on here, KC came to play on both sides and to be honest we still had a shot if we turned up even a little.

We shot ourselves in the foot often and at the worst times.

Our Oline had their worst game of the year, as did Luck but he was also pressured more than he has been all year and it showed.

We decided not to tackle on the first few drives.

and Vinny.......

Devastating game but what a season!! Lots to look forward to.