Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs 2019 AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

4 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Colts had ALL the opportunities to play in this game.  Big time failure by the coaching staff, Luck and Vinny.  That being said the Colts have a lot to look forward next year.  Ballard needs to bring in some talent with that cap, and nail the draft again and they should be pretty tough. 

Best post of the day.

Agree with all.

• Like 2

Final thoughts.

A young team that finally showed they are rookies. Even the oline. Showed we played a lot of pretenders in this stretch.

Coaches have to game plan better.

Being down two safeties killed us.

We must fill the holes this off season with the draft and free agents.

Cris Collinsworth has become a bit of a shill for the NFL.  Yeah I know the Colts didn't play well in this game- but the holding penalty where the guy slipped and fell and that running into the kicker along with at least 3 PI I remember are really unacceptable to miss during a division playoff game.  You can't miss those calls, it doesn't do the players justice.  When he tried to defend the holding penalty it proved to me he has no objectivity.

You don’t win a bad weather game against a high powered offense by throwing it all over the field...  You grind it out by running it.  Go back and check those 2 times we lost to the Pats in the snow.  Ebron threw us off schedule when he dropped that first first down.  We could never establish our ground game afterwards.  That’s where we needed a sure handed Doyle.  Oh well. We’ll be back stronger for it.  The team & Frank.

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• At least you didn’t become a Steelers fan ! As far as the throwback, he literally put merchandise in the team shop saying Baltimore Colts ! The ultimate throwback ! To your point that the fans weren’t interested in the Colts, that’s not quite true . Attendance was down because of poor product at the time, but that happens in most cities. As usual, it was an owner versus the city for a better stadium and revenue , and the fans get run over in the process.  As far as acknowledging Baltimore, the point is acknowledging the history correctly as it was at the time. That’s all I’m saying. The fans and the Ravens never abandoned the Baltimore Colts legacy. If the fan base didn’t care, you wouldn’t have the Unitas statue, Baltimore Colts in the Ravens ring of honor, or the Super Bowl 5 trophy here. We also use the old Baltimore Colt fight song , for the Ravens, with slightly different lyrics, and the old Colt marching band is now the fighting Ravens. We’ve had a lot of old Baltimore Colts like Bruce Laird, Tom Matte, and Stan White covering Ravens games on TV and radio. Many of us own a lot of old Colts memorabilia. So the fans do care.  So to us, the Baltimore Colts is our throwback history even though the NFL doesn’t say that.  I get where you are coming from, but to me, it was Baltimore Colts fan, 12 years in the desert, Baltimore Ravens fan. I have a lot of respect for the Indy Colts history post 1984. Good city, good fans, their own unique history.  I’m not against Indy putting together a Baltimore Colts throwback night or uniform, but don’t time travel Deforest Buckner back to 1956 in clumsy promos  ! At least you had Lenny there at the stadium. That was more appropriate. 
    • And you have beaten it to DEATH Twice over, yes you have written enough for a book, and haven't moved the needle one iota.   Frank IS Frank so as long as he is the coach many more needleless books to follow.   It is very unfortunate for you Frank is our coach. We must all be hoping we get even an Average D, so that winning more of these close games can help unload the steam from your offensive guru boiler. Yes we know your not a guru, i just wanted to spark another 500 words for the fun of it.  It is amazing Frank is putting up this many PPG ALREADY with this QB and modest receiving core. What fun it would be if we had 4th-5th year TY.   You wouldn't be saying Squat about the play calling!!!  If Bo thought he knew defense, it would have been 10,000 words complaining about Flus. Flus is developing pass rushers, has a weak set in the d backfield, and is killing it with turnovers. Wait till 22 to see what Ballard does to help our seive of a D.
    • I kept my i on him in pre-season. At guard he was knocking guys back and maintaining contact very well. Had some bully in him. Potential as a center also. Kelly isn't irreplaceable. By a players year 3, thinking Pinter and Fries, they should be prepared for solid starter duty if they ever will be.
    • They were in pass D coverage according to Arians, just FYI.  When they committed to stopping the run, they did, they're really good.  Hard truth is they were better at stopping the run than we were at running, so we passed.  The Bucs v the run are not the other 31.
  • Members

• HoosierHero

HoosierHero 124

• The Old Crow

The Old Crow 838

• Flash7

Flash7 1,339

• chad72

chad72 8,741

• DynaMike

DynaMike 65

• K-148