Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs 2019 AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Greetings, our Blue Horseshoe is 1-0 in the postseason, and are back for another NFL Postseason Game Day and afternoon  Colts fans! :)  Our  AFC #6 Playoff  Seed, and 11-6 Indianapolis Colts again lead off the NFL Postseason Weekend in consecutive Saturday afternoon, as they are in the Kansas City, Missouri, area to play the  AFC #1 Playoff Seed, 12-4,  and AFC West Division Champions Chiefs in the 2019 AFC Divisional Playoff Game.

Veteran Colts WR T. Y. Hilton has, and continues to battle his ankle injury he has suffered in the past month since the 23-0 victory to the Dallas Cowboys, but could likely be game ready and was neither listed as questionable nor put on this weeks injury report despite participating in one team practice.  Marlon Mack also has to perform a steady ground game through the cold field at Arrowhead Stadium.  Mack just needed 4 yards in the season finale at Tennessee to reach !,000 yards, as Frank Gore accomplished in 2017, and Joseph Addai the last Colts running back to run the before Gore  back in 2007.

However, WR Ryan Grant (toe) and DT/DE Tyquan Lewis (knee) are out because of their injuries,  Also  starter Safety/DB Malik Hooker (foot) and DT/DE Denico Autry have missed significant practice time this week, and will be a gametime decision by Colts Head Coach Frank Reich and his coaching staff and team medical staff if both players could be ready to play competitively.

Our Colts along with the Chiefs  players, are expected to dress warmly as they compete on the Arrowhead Stadium playing field,   exposing to the outside  cold elements at Arrowhead Stadium during this afternoon's game.  

Steady snow with cloudy skies and limited visibility at 31 degrees, feels like 23 degrees, is the local forecast inside Arrowhead Stadium, in the Harry S. Truman Sports complex at Independence, Missouri, east of Downtown Kansas City, for the 4:35 PM  Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 57% precipitation, 92% humidity, and north/northeast winds at 11 miles per hour.

If our   Colts win at Kansas City this afternoon,  Indianapolis will  again travel on away on the road  next Sunday for the 2019 AFC Championship Game, and  face the winner of the L.A. Chargers @ Patriots, either at Carson, California, or at Foxborough, Massachusetts.

Saturday afternoon's contest also feature NFL quarterbacks considered for postseason accolades.  Our Colts Andrew Luck is a serious candidate for NFL Comeback Player Of The Year. Luck first had to overcome both his in-season lacerated kidney and partially torn abdominal muscle injuries  he suffered during the 2015 NFL season that November.  Andrew also had postseason surgery to repair his right throwing shoulder after the 2016 NFL season, followed by being placed on injured reserve because of his slow healing and rehab on his shoulder during the 2017 NFL season.  

This past 2018 Colts regular season, Luck threw 39 touchdown passes, completed 439 of his 630 passes attempted for 4,593 yards and a 67.3 completion percentage, and ranked #11 in the NFL with his 98.7 passing rating.

Chiefs second-year player  Patrick Mahomes is also a  candidate for NFL Player Of The Year,  for both his production of throwing 50 touchdown passes, most by an NFL QB in the 2018 NFL season, and help lead the Chiefs to their third straight  AFC West Division title, and 11th overall for Kansas City.

Kansas City statistically were #1 in the NFL in both Total Offense 425.6 Yards Per Game, and Points Per Game at 35.3.  However,  the Chiefs  Total Defense   and Passing Defense was  also ranked #31  out of 32 teams, above the Arizona Cardinals, each allowing 405.5 YPG and 273.4 YPG to opponents during the 2018 NFL regular season.

Indianapolis is ranked #7 in the NFL in Total Offense at 386.2 YPG and #5 in scoring at 27.1 PPG, while the Colts are ranked #11 in Total Defense allowing their opponents 339.4 YPG, and #10 in points allowed at 21.5 PPG

Indianapolis also is in their 29th playoff  and postseason appearance since the franchise  began and entered the NFL as the Baltimore Colts.

Colts  also leads the all-time regular and postseason series entering today with their 16-9-0 record in today's 26th meeting, which includes 12 regular season wins and 4 postseason games.  Indianapolis has won all 4 postseason games over Kansas City,  10-7 in January 1996 and 38-31 in January 2004 in their AFC Divisional Round Playoff Games, both played in Kansas City.  and later defeated the Chiefs  by the scores of 23-8 on January 2007, and 45-44 on January 2014, both games played at the RCA Dome and the real Lucas Oil Stadium in the AFC Wild Card Games.

Indianapolis also has a winning record in road games played at Arrowhead Stadium, with their 9-4-0 record entering today, including 8 regular season games, and 1 postseason game (2013 AFC Wild Card Game).

In the recent postseason meeting between the Colts and the Chiefs in the 2004 AFC Wild Card Playoff Game,  the Chiefs held their biggest lead of the game at 38-10 early in the third quarter.  However, Indianapolis outscored Kansas City in the second half   35-6.  Andrew Luck threw the game winning touchdown, a 64-yard pass to T.Y. Hilton, followed by Adam Vinatieri's PAT with 4:21 remaining in the fourth quarter, to win 45-44 at LOS back on January 4, 2014.

Kansas City defeated Indianapolis 30-14 in the last regular season meeting,  played at LOS back on October 30, 2016, with Andrew Luck completing 19 of his 35 passes for 210 yards, and 2 TD's for the Colts.

Al Michaels and former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth are announcing the live game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Michele Tafoya for The NFL On NBC Sports, seen and simulcast in the USA and internationally, and locally on WTHR NBC Channel 13, all media seen live on HD.

Similar to  last Saturday afternoon in the Colts victory at the Houston Texans during the 2019 AFC Wild Card Playoff Game, today's Colts @ Chiefs 2019 AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game, and all NFL 2019 postseason games, including the 2019 Pro Bowl and Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, are simulcasted and seen on network television, in your devices through your local cable provider, and free in both your cell phone and iPad through the NFL mobile app.

Visiting Colts are wearing their all white with blue trimmed helmets, and Nike jerseys and pants, while the host KC Chiefs are wearing their all red with yellow and white trimmed helmets, Nike jerseys and pants.

Referee John Hussey leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the field action between the Colts and the Chiefs. He is in his 17th season, and 4th as a referee, A Idaho State University graduate, his professional occupation is a sales representative for a retail logistics group.

NO injuries, let's hope our Colts can return to the AFC Championship Game for the first time since 2014  if they defeat the Chiefs, earn to be 2-0 in the 2019 NFL Playoffs, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!  :rock::coltslogo:  :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet:   :coltsfb: :coltslogo: . :D

2019 Colts @ Chiefs  AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Preview, Broadcast Info, Live NFL Game Center,  Team Injury Reports, Fan Playoff Info, and NBC's  NFL  Live Online Streaming Links:

https://www.colts.com/news/2018-colts-preview-colts-chiefs-divisional-round

https://www.indystar.com/sports/colts/

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019011200/2018/POST19/Colts@Chiefs#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-vs-colts-injury-report

https://www.colts.com/fans/playoffs

https://stream.nbcsports.com/nfl/watch-sunday-night-football

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I'm so hyped. Can't believe I'll have to wait 'till 7:35PM for this game (Brazilian Time Zone).

Lets go out there and prove the doubters wrong, lets go out there and slay this Mahomes guy that seems to be some sort of god from what I'm hearing, lets go out and play some NFL PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!!!

LETS GO :colts:, LETS GO OUT THERE WIN THIS GAME.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chilly2477 said:

Alright people

Fate is on our side

The last time we played the Chiefs in the playoffs I spent the say digging up and replacing my wells pressure tank.

Well the tank blew again so I will be replacing it again today.

#coincidentalsuperstitiousritual

#gocolts

Wow.  I guess I'm some ways you hate us playing the Chiefs in The playoffs.

Hope all goes well.

(sorry, couldn't resist that one.  It may be too "deep" for some, though)

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Hello all.. I'm meant to be writing my Post Grad assignment that's due Monday which I've done, erm, zero on but there's no way I'm missing this. Looks like an all nighter Sunday then!

I have a feeling you've compiled enough research to author a doctorate paper:

On The Dynamics Of Colts Gameday Threads:  The Mood And Frequency Of Posts As It Concerns Actual In-Game Events - As Seen Through The Lens Of Moderation.  (Playoff Edition)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have a feeling you've compiled enough research to author a doctorate paper:

On The Dynamics Of Colts Gameday Threads:  The Mood And Frequency Of Posts As It Concerns Actual In-Game Events - As Seen Through The Lens Of Moderation.  (Playoff Edition)

Don't tempt me... I do think the combined psychology of sports fans plus internet if fascinating. I mean, I wonder what some posters are actually like in real life. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Don't tempt me... I do think the combined psychology of sports fans plus internet if fascinating. I mean, I wonder what some posters are actually like in real life. 

There was a thread that morphed into a bit of that a while back.  It was interesting to get to know who people really were.  I haven't "introduced" myself in that Member Intro thread.  Bet that is somewhat enlightening.

Is it game time yet???!!

32 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I have a feeling we're all a little different face-to-face.  I know I'm a little more introverted in real life than I am on these forums.

I've accused some members like @NewColtsFan, @throwing BBZ, @BOTT, @crazycolt1, and @DougDew of being condescending in their posts (and I'm sure I'm guilty of it too), but I assume everyone is very nice and respectful when they're face-to-face with others.

There's just more of a personal connection when you're face-to-face with someone and can see their facial expressions and tone and emotional intention.  As opposed to just reading what they typed in whatever tone you're using in your head without really knowing how they meant it to come off while they were typing it.

Bottom line is we're all Colts fans on the same team, and we're all rooting for a win today!!!  Go Colts!  :colts:

• Like 2

Really looking forward to the game, son's room all set up, 9.35pm kick off in Scotland . A bit of a late night but will be worth it when we get the victory.

On a side note, I was going to post some pictures of our recent trip to Indy but wasn't sure if that was the done thing on this forum. I know it is not the norm on soccer forums over here.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have a feeling we're all a little different face-to-face.  I know I'm a little more introverted in real life than I am on these forums.

I've accused some members like @NewColtsFan, @throwing BBZ, @BOTT, @crazycolt1, and @DougDew of being condescending in their posts (and I'm sure I'm guilty of it too), but I assume everyone is very nice and respectful when they're face-to-face with others.

There's just more of a personal connection when you're face-to-face with someone and can see their facial expressions and tone and emotional intention.  As opposed to just reading what they typed in whatever tone you're using in your head without really knowing how they meant it to come off while they were typing it.

Bottom line is we're all Colts fans on the same team, and we're all rooting for a win today!!!  Go Colts!  :colts:

I have thought before about what it would be like to meet some of the members of this forum. Wasn’t there a get together years ago before the season? 

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I would enjoy seeing your pictures, one way to do it would be to post them to Flicker or some other picture hosting site and then just posting a link.

I will ask my son how to do that (lol), but not until after the game tonight, I will only p;ut a few of thm on.

lets get this win tonight Colts.

3 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Wow.  I guess I'm some ways you hate us playing the Chiefs in The playoffs.

Hope all goes well.

(sorry, couldn't resist that one.  It may be too "deep" for some, though)

It is a bit of a pain

Bit if that's what I gotta do to see the blue come through so be it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chilly2477 said:

Alright people

Fate is on our side

The last time we played the Chiefs in the playoffs I spent the say digging up and replacing my wells pressure tank.

Well the tank blew again so I will be replacing it again today.

#coincidentalsuperstitiousritual

#gocolts

My tank is in the basement.  That's got to be rough on them, being burried.

• Thanks 1