Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. New York Giants Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

I honestly had a bad feeling about this game.  Giants had nothing to lose.  Beckham wasnt playing and there was no way we would lose this game. We got all the national attention as being the team no one wanted to play if we made the playoffs.   Eberflus was possibly getting head coaching interest. We were at  home.  That usually comes back go haunt a team.  They r young.  If they lose they will hopefully learn from this if they go on to lose this game. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I honestly had a bad feeling about this game.  Giants had nothing to lose.  Beckham wasnt playing and there was no way we would lose this game. We got all the national attention as being the team no one wanted to play if we made the playoffs.   Eberflus was possibly getting head coaching interest. We were at  home.  That usually comes back go haunt a team.  They r young.  If they lose they will hopefully learn from this if they go on to lose this game. 

And to top it off Leonard was on every show this week. Just seems so much better flying under the radar.

That was a bad first quarter. Too many mental mistakes.

When you have a team playing above their potential, (low on actual talent) then you can't have mental mistakes, otherwise, it's too much to overcome. Hopefully they get it together the next 3 quarters.

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

That was a bad first quarter. Too many mental mistakes.

When you have a team playing above their potential, (low on actual talent) then you can't have mental mistakes, otherwise, it's too much to overcome. Hopefully they get it together the next 3 quarters.

Execution, execution, execution.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Now that media week is in full force, maybe any news would be suppressed at league request. This year is a new landscape, with  new rules, and the Colts (and Cardinals) are taking their time. To your point, it seems like the Colts decided to wait until all the cards are played before making their decision. Steichen being the last interview doesn't mean he's the favorite, it's just the way it played out. And even if they had a strong leaning toward another candidate, they weren't going to decide until they finished their process.   I personally respect it, I think all hiring should be delayed until after the SB anyway.   But I kind of expect a leak at some point over the next few days, even if no official announcement comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not Steichen, even if it only comes out after the SB. Just trying to read the tea leaves. But Irsay said days, not weeks. If it's anyone else, there's no reason they can't get to work this week, and postpone any press events until after the SB parade. Morris in particular has been available for a month, and is probably already handling Rams business for 2023. That's why I think later this week is a reasonable timeline for us to know something...   One clarification: The rules allowed the Colts to have a second interview with Steichen the week prior to the SB, because they had an initial interview with him before championship week. If they had not completed an initial interview within the allowed window, they could not have scheduled a second interview with him last week. And they are now in a dark period where they are not allowed any official contact with him until after the SB. There's a series of tweets somewhere around here where it's all broken down.
    • Congratulations!  You're one week short of a year before my wife and I. 
    • You’ve been married 54 years?   Am I understanding you correctly?     That is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!    
    • Got it. I think the tree/Eagles stuff is a non issue, just a circumstantial coincidence that has no real significance. I think Sirianni has done several things differently from Reich so far, and it stands to reason that Reich's influence on Steichen isn't going to be a big thing. The Eagles offense looks and works much differently than the Colts offense did with Reich and Sirianni, so how influential the "tree" is, I don't think it's a major variable. JMO.   The stuff about Callahan is reasonable, though. I think it's a big part of why he's being considered. No doubt the Colts have reached out to Peyton to get his thoughts, and while an endorsement from Peyton isn't necessarily a big deal, it's at least a small factor. 
  • Members

• Derakynn

Derakynn 285

• NFLfan

NFLfan 12,527

Moderators
    • coltsfan77

coltsfan77 85

• buccolts

buccolts 3,571

• Superman

Superman 14,614