Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. New York Giants Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans!   Our 8-6 Indianapolis Colts have won 7 of the last 8 regular season games since October 21 after starting the season losing four of their first five games at 1-5,  and continue their momentum and surge  into a possible Wild Card postseason playoff spot, as they host the surging New York football Giants at the real Lucas Oil Stadium.  N.Y. Giants are visiting, and playing, a regular season game in Downtown Indianapolis in more than eight years.

With the Titans win 25-16 in Nashville on Saturday Night, and if the Eagles upset the visiting and 10-4 Houston Texans at Philadelphia while this Colts game is played, the AFC South could be interesting in the season finale next Sunday, as the Jaguars visit the Texans, while our Colts may play a showdown with the Titans as the AFC South Divisional Title, and Wild Card, can potentially be at stake between our Colts, Texans, and Titans.

As the aforementioned Colts won 7 of their past 8 regular season games heading into this afternoon, the New York Giants started at 1-7 to start their 2018 NFL season,  Since their Week 9 bye week, the N.Y Giants have won four of their last six games and are now 4-2. Their 17-0 home loss last Sunday to the Tennessee Titans though eliminated them from playoff contention.

An interesting battle of QB's today as the Colts own Andrew Luck vs. the N.Y. Giants 14-year veteran Eli Manning.  N.Y Giants also have other significant offensive weapons the Colts defense have to keep in check from advancing downfield this afternoon in rookie RB Saquan Barkley,  but WR Odell Beckham, Jr. is inactive,

Both Indianapolis and the New York Giants are meeting in their 19th all-time meeting, after playing 16 regular season, and 2 postseason games,  which are when the Baltimore Colts won consecutive NFL Championships over the N.Y. Giants in 1958 and 1959.

indianapolis is also on a current three-game regular season winning streak over the N.Y. Giants, and also have won 4 of the last five games since November 14, 1999.

Indianapolis defeated the N.Y. Giants in both teams last meeting played at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey back on November 3, 2014.   Game highlights include Andrew Luck throwing four touchdown passes - 32 yards to Coby Fleener, 40 yards to Reggie Wayne, 2 yards to Dwayne Allen, and 31 yards to T..Y. Hilton.  Adam Vinatieri kicked four PAT's, and four field goals from 48,  31, 48, and 43. yards to make the final score 40-24.

New York Giants last regular season visit and game in Indianapolis was also the the last game when the Manning brothers played opposite each other for their teams - the so-called 'Manning Bowl.'  The Colts and Peyton Manning statistically outdueled the New York Giants and Eli Manning both on the scoreboard and statistically when Peyton's Colts won 38-14 at the real LOS back on September 19, 2010. 

Peyton completed 20 of his 26 passes for 255 yards, 3 TD's,  0 INT, and 1 sack.  Brother Eli  completed 13 of 24 passes completed for 161 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, and 4 sacks.

Lucas Oil Stadium's both retractable roof and side glass doors are closed for this afternoon's 1;05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because cloudy skies 37 degrees, feels like 31 degrees, is forecast outside the stadium area, along with 5% precipitation, 74% humidity, and west/northwest winds at 7 miles per hour.

Head Linesman Brad Allen leads his NFL Officiating Crew to supervise the game action on the LOS playing field between the Colts and New York Giants.

NO injuries, Win your ninth game of the 2018 NFL Regular Season, along with winning 8 of your last 9 games, stay in the hunt for the playoffs and the showdown in the season finale in Nashville with the Titans,  Have A Merry Christmas to the registered users here in the Colts Fan Forum, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!  

2018 Colts Vs. New York Giants NFL Game Preview, Live NFL Game Center, Team Injury Reports, NFL On CBS Early Regional Double Header Game In Green And NFL's My Cause My Cleats Links:

https://www.colts.com/gameday/

https://www.colts.com/news/2018-colts-preview-colts-giants-week-16

https://www.colts.com/game-day/2018/reg-week16/giants-at-colts/

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018122300/2018/REG16/Giants@Colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report

https://www.giants.com/team/injury-report

https://506sports.com/

https://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Thanx LOS ,,,,interesting day for me on a personal note...…… I live in NY Metro area in a family full of Giants fan...… For he next 4 hours or so I have been disowned...….. SO LETS GO COLTS !!!!!!!!!

As a Colts fan in central NJ, I stand with you in solidarity.

Btw, LOS. Beckham is inactive today.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

It is what I have seen with my own eyes (and often!) that scares me a little bit this with game !......What am I talking about ???????..... Mr.Saquon Barkley

Yeah, but you don't stop him, you game plan to contain him.  He can do so many things, you just have to keep a spy on him.  Not having OBJ really helps contain Barks a lot, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, but you don't stop him, you game plan to contain him.  He can do so many things, you just have to keep a spy on him.  Not having OBJ really helps contain Barks a lot, in my opinion.

Because of where I live I only get Giants games (or Jets) on TV. MB-COLTS you are 100% correct. That's how the Titans somewhat controlled Barkley last week.......They tackled him as a group.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Or score so fast and often they have to abandon the run.

Agree...and we have the type of offense that can do that.  That should be our plan.  Jump early and keep Eli off the field by running down their throats.  Their DLine is pretty good, but our OLine should be able to get holes.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Or score so fast and often they have to abandon the run.

Because of where I live I only get Giants games (or Jets) on TV I see a lot of Giants games...….For some reason (which NYmedia and Giants fans complain about) The Giants do seem to abandon the run earlier than usual when they get behind.

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Because of where I live I only get Giants games (or Jets) on TV. MB-COLTS you are 100% correct. That's how the Titans somewhat controlled Barkley last week.......They tackled him as a group.

haha...I feel your pain.  The first 54 years of my life was in NJ.  Been a Colts fan since I was 9 years old.  I know the G-Men decently well.  My step-son is still a big fan of theirs.

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Because of where I live I only get Giants games (or Jets) on TV I see a lot of Giants games...….For some reason (which NYmedia and Giants fans complain about) The Giants do seem to abandon the run earlier than usual when they get behind.

and yet you still have to account for Saquan as he does really well catching out of the backfield, where we have had issues getting coverage.  Shoud be interesting.