Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. New York Giants Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

We don't win this without Kelly and Ebron.. especially next week.  There's nobody left to catch.  I will be very surprised if we can come back from this.

Well, at least we had a surprisingly better season than we thought.  Just hate when we get teased with greatness then fail hard against bad teams.

30 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Do people look at you like this when you try to tell them?

angryman.JPG

yea you are right luck is  killing the giants and their worst rank defense in the league with all their stars out no touchdowns and a pick in a game to go to the playoffs against a last place team .  i love this team no one player is getting special treatment they start playing poor i call them out 130 million dollar contract to get shut out by a 3 win team in the jags  and this i wanted this team to make a run so bad its killing me i get let down year after year first watching manning choke after going 14-2 to 12-4 every year to getting bounced out in the first round to this same thing with luck who isnt even close to mannings greatness i am so mad

Ye of little faith. 

I trust that Frank gets these guys squared away at half and they will come out fighting this second half. We are two plays away from the lead in this thing. 

There is too much at stake to roll over in this one. It won't happen with Andrew under center. It won't happen with a young team that can taste the playoffs and wants to win. Adjustments are needed. We will find out what this team is made of this second half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

yea you are right luck is  killing the giants and their worst rank defense in the league with all their stars out no touchdowns and a pick in a game to go to the playoffs against a last place team .  i love this team no one player is getting special treatment they start playing poor i call them out 130 million dollar contract to get shut out by a 3 win team in the jags  and this i wanted this team to make a run so bad its killing me i get let down year after year first watching manning choke after going 14-2 to 12-4 every year to getting bounced out in the first round to this same thing with luck who isnt even close to mannings greatness i am so mad

:facepalm:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

We don't win this without Kelly and Ebron.. especially next week.  There's nobody left to catch.  I will be very surprised if we can come back from this.

Well, at least we had a surprisingly better season than we thought.  Just hate when we get teased with greatness then fail hard against bad teams.

I think fans need to stay humble also. Any team can win against any team in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Evans' QBs his first 3 years were guys like Josh McCown, Mike Glennon and a rookie Jameis Winston. He's only had Brady the past two seasons.   Pitt very well might have a better year than Evans...he's 4 years younger and isn't contending for targets with a deep pass catching group like Evans is.   But I don't think anybody was comp'ing Pitt to the 29 year-old version of Mike Evans (who is entering his 9th season).    Evans is very likely headed for a gold jacket. I just think it's a very lofty comp for Pitt at this point. But I am still excited to see him work with Ryan.  
    • But you understand that he wasn't looking to retire in March, right?  It was only after it became apparent that he would have to go through another season of rehabbing (mysterious lower leg injury that just wouldn't heal) that led to his retirement. Once it became apparent the he would start the season on IR and continue rehab, he decided that it was time to retire.
    • I had the opportunity recently to watch film from the past two years for the Colts 2nd-round draft choice Alec Pierce. Here are my impressions of Pierce: 1. Like Jelani Woods, I am impressed with how often Pierce is able to get open. Pierce was a 4-sport athlete in high school including track. Will this skill translate against the NFL's top defenders? 2. Despite having a tall and lean frame, Pierce seems to be a tough and a fierce competitor. This toughness is probably a result of his time on special teams and as a linebacker as as a freshman. Hopefully his lean frame can handle the daily rigor of the NFL. 3. I was impressed with his catch radius and his ability to hi-point balls against competition. He seems to get a hand on anything thrown his way.  4. His hand skills were excellent against press coverage. I was impressed how many times he won jump balls against his opponents and how very few defenders were able to wrestle the ball away from him. Pierce did benefit from having a fairly accurate QB in Ridder who was able to put the ball on the money often.  5. I can understand why the Colts are excited to see Pierce on the field. He led his team in receiving both his sophomore and senior seasons. He has also shown that he can produce on the field with his 52 receptions, 884 yards, and 7 TD's in 2021. Pierce may struggle with the NFL rigor at first but I expect him to be a solid contributor as his route running improves.  
    • Folks, I expect 700-750 and 5 TDs from Pierce with about 50-60 receptions. If you have seen Reich's system enough, he spreads the ball around real well IF the QB is willing to do so without being just zeroed in on Pittman like Wentz was, that teams caught on to. Owing to that, there is a very good chance neither WR breaks 1000 yards with so many mouths to feed including our TEs and RBs, that Matt Ryan will throw to. Oh, and don't forget about the rushing production our star RB JT.     I would reign in OPOY expectations from anyone not named JT but not reign in division winner expectations because in the end, that is all that matters. 
    • The games this weekend:   Sat. 1pm - NBC Tampa Bay - 3-2 Philadelphia - 2-3   Sat. 7pm - NBC Michigan - 1-4 Birmingham - 5-0   Sun. noon - FS1 Pittsburgh - 1-4 New Orleans - 3-2   Sun. 4 pm - FOX Houston 1-4 New Jersey 4-1   If the favorites win there will be lots of separation between the top 4 teams and the bottom 4 teams.  With the top 2 teams in each division making the playoffs, it could really hurt Tampa Bay becuse they are currently 3rd in their division.  
  • Members