Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Two ways of looking at Reich's aggression , really:

1) The Jags offense sucks so he can get away with it

2) The Jags defense is playing lights out , and the Jags offense sucks , so why not just take points and not give them any momentum 

I lean towards # 2 , but I understand #1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, needanoline63 said:

Ya know, cornerback and receiver are important positions we need to address next year. But we really need two interior DL bad. Hunt is to inconsistent, and easily gets stood up by opposing OL, that’s cause how tall he is. But ya I doubt al woods,hunt and ridgeway are back next year. Grover Stewart also

Thankfully this is a D-line deep draft. 

Just now, Trueman said:

Two ways of looking at Reich's aggression , really:

1) The Jags offense sucks so he can get away with it

2) The Jags defense is playing lights out , and the Jags offense sucks , so why not just take points and not give them any momentum 

I lean towards # 2 , but I understand #1.

Or welcome to the new NFL?

13 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Just out of interest.. the Colts were 54.5% on 4th downs and going for it before this game. That's about middle of the league. 

Now work out the EV of TD vs FG...

And what are the stats when they are 4th and goal from the 2 or less?  I will bet that historically it is a LOT lower success rate than you are holding out there. Plus your analytics ignore game situation.  You cannot sell me on giving up those early game situation points.  And call me results oriented if you want, but results matter!  And a single game situation does NOT present enough offsetting opportunities for the law of averages to kick in. You disagree philosophically, but I am not sold on blind analytics carrying the day over situational wisdom. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jags are smoking us 3-0, fire Reich now for being aggressive and bring back passive Pagano :sarcasm:

Lol. Stop trolling your fellow Colts fans. :P I too like the aggressive approach. But now they need to score points whichever way they can.

Just now, rockywoj said:

And what are the stats when they are 4th and goal from the 2 or less?  I will bet that historically it is a LOT lower success rate than you are holding out there. Plus your analytics ignore game situation.  You can or sell me on giving up those early game situation points.  And call me results oriented if you want, but results matter!  And a single game situation does NOT present enough offsetting opportunities for the law is averages to kick in. You disagree philosophically, but I am sold on blind analytics carrying the day over situational wisdom. 

Now see you have a point about the psychological factor. But I ain't pulling the numbers out of thin air. It's a matter of record? 

Previous to this game we were 100% on the only play that meets the criteria you set out above. 

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Nah, I’m good. 

People are are complying because the colts offense looks like crap and gave up three points. You act like a child and say the same lame old lines about fire Reich and bring back Pags. 

It it was a bad decision that could possibly cost the Colts the game and their season. Let’s wait and see how it plays out. 

I only made that comment twice (joking) because people are complaining about Reich's play calling, last year alot of people were complaining because Pagano would never go for it. We are only down 3-0 at Half, so like you said lets see how it plays out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

You gave me a similar comment about how defense has become superfluous a couple weeks ago.

Excuse yourself. 

Not at all... I never said that. I said it's a different game and will continue to evolve. Defense very much still has a place to play. But I don't think you'll be seeing the shut down D of yesteryear. This is a low scoring game because both teams can't execute on O. It's ugly. 

Are you disputing teams are playing much more aggressively on O this year? 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Our receivers have to be schemed open otherwise they get no separation outside of Hilton. We really need a number 2 WR

We need to go back to what was working earlier this year. Why all of the sudden are we back to the Arians Air Coryell stuff again? 

Why not take a shot down the sideline with Ebron in one on one coverage with a defender with his back to the ball? At the very worst, the defender makes a great play on the ball and it works like a punt. You might pick a PI call up. Ebron might make a big play.

Instead we dump it to a runningback and punt.