Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That Texans game we lost looks huge right now

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Honestly every game we win is just gravy given the teams lack of talent on defence.  I know it is way early, but if the season plays out like I think it will, it will be a success. LUCK is back. The O line is looking dominant. We have talent at the tight end position. Our young receivers are starting to catch. Our 3 backs are looking great.  All we need is another tall deep threat and spend money and dedicate the draft on  the defensive side of the ball. The future is very bright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Smh, we'd both be 4-4 if we managed to hang on. Both of us have weak schedules remainder of season. We'll see what happens. Obviously Titans and Jags still very much in it too 

It just sucks case we've been in pretty much every game we lost. Including the Pats game I guess

But they didn’t. Not a good enough team in those games.

These upcoming division games are going to be HUGE games if the Colts actually want to be in the playoffs. Still easily have a chance to win the division. Gonna take a lot of work.

• Like 1

Colts have 3 home games in a row after the bye and two of them being huge divisional games against Tenn and Jacksonville.  Houston goes to Denver then has a bye and comes back to play Tennessee.  With as bad as the AFC South looks now if the Colts play well anything can happen.  That tie would be looking a little better though as of now.  While the Colts O has been hitting on all cylinders of late as well I’m pretty sketchy of the D.

• Like 1

I hope this the Texans game mistake does not come back to screw us out of a chance to make the playoffs.  So much football left to play but 3-4-1 sounds better than 3-5.  GO COLTS.  It has been a fun two weeks even if it has been the Bills and the Raiders.

• Like 1

Looks worse because we jump started an 0-3 to become 5-3

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The uncertainty that is Bortles scares me the next game. For some reason, it is not the Titans and Texans that play us hard lately in the Luck era but Bortles and the Jags. I hope we don't let Bortles put up 30 points on us. 

If he puts up a big game then it will be the old confidence boaster

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Texans are good, but beatable.  Remember, Luck tore their defense apart that game, and we didn't have Inman, Castanzo, or Mack.  The offense should have another good outing when we play them again

I have no idea what switch flipped during the second half of the Texans game. Ever since then, he has been on a tear. 3 and a half games of mediocrity and boom, he is where he is now, playing as well as we have known him to play in a while. 

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Not really.   We aren't going to the super bowl this year regardless.   Having some balls shows me a lot more.   But keep hating.   It's funny

Wasn't Hating. And because we're  not going to super bowl this year doesn't mean give loses away either. That tie that we didn't get genuinely could compromise us from making the playoffs. Being 1 game back INSTEAD of 2 is better Einstein lol.

Wether someone agrees or not with Reich's decision is irrelevant. The way it worked out that tie would have been sweet right now. I personally didn't mind him going for it. But I was saying the way it worked out(loss instead of tie) a tie would have help our playoff chances in this crappy division.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

See the Big Picture!

As one poster here noted,  every win is gravy!    We are playing with House Money!    We're not supposed to win the AFC South this year.     If we do --- GREAT!!    But don't fret over what we don't do.

Our future --- I'm talking our NEAR FUTURE -- is so BRIGHT!    We are clearly moving in the right direction.     We were clearly better in October than we were in September.   And that includes our crappy games that we played.      And getting better while we let the kids play has been the main goal all season long.    Wins are an unexpected bonus!

We have improved so much that we look to be very competitive in the 2nd half.   We're going to give some teams fits.     We're going to pull off some upsets.    There will be surprises.    November and December could be some seriously fun times around here.     Even if we lose a close game or two.    It's all to the good!

Believe Colts Nation,  Believe!     We're getting better.    I know we beat a couple of poor teams,  but we've clearly improved.    Now we get to see how we look against our divisional rivals.   Looking forward to that!      Good times!         :thmup:

That's the Big Picture!!             :colts:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If we can do some things to tighten up on defense, while continuing to stay sharp on offense it could be possible for us to win the rest of our games. You can't get too far ahead of yourself with this team, but we do have the tools to make it happen. 11-5 is not likely, but if we keep showing what we are showing and improve on that..............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

See the Big Picture!

As one poster here noted,  every win is gravy!    We are playing with House Money!    We're not supposed to win the AFC South this year.     If we do --- GREAT!!    But don't fret over what we don't do.

Our future --- I'm talking our NEAR FUTURE -- is so BRIGHT!    We are clearly moving in the right direction.     We were clearly better in October than we were in September.   And that includes our crappy games that we played.      And getting better while we let the kids play has been the main goal all season long.    Wins are an unexpected bonus!

We have improved so much that we look to be very competitive in the 2nd half.   We're going to give some teams fits.     We're going to pull off some upsets.    There will be surprises.    November and December could be some seriously fun times around here.     Even if we lose a close game or two.    It's all to the good!

Believe Colts Nation,  Believe!     We're getting better.    I know we beat a couple of poor teams,  but we've clearly improved.    Now we get to see how we look against our divisional rivals.   Looking forward to that!      Good times!         :thmup:

Agree 100%!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As they say in the game,

Good teams beat bad teams. 

:rock:

The Texans are on a victory train. If they stay healthy they are going to be very tough. Even id we are evenly matched they are two games ahead. Will Fuller is out or the year but Hopkins is playing lights out. All the Colts can do is keep wining and hope the Texans stumble.

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Texans are on a victory train. If they stay healthy they are going to be very tough. Even id we are evenly matched they are two games ahead. Will Fuller is out or the year but Hopkins is playing lights out. All the Colts can do is keep wining and hope the Texans stumble.

We have to clearly beat Houston the next time we play them and see how the rest plays out and how tiebreakers play out.

Between the Broncos, Redskins, and Titans I'm not sure if the Texans will win all 3 of those. Don't think they will beat the Eagles either. And I think we will win that 2nd match up against them.   Let's see what plays out because there is a lot of football left to play.  And of course we have to hold up our end of the deal as well.

I love the optimism!

I don't really join in on it though.    I just don't see the tea 7 of the last 8 games (to get to 10-6).   I think the team could win the 7 games, I just don't think they will.   At best, I think we finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.   Realistically I think we finish 8-8.

I'm not going to kill Frank now when at the time I said I liked his stance. Who wants to play for a tie. I hated the playcall. And in hindsight, you can't throw away division games, so maybe he should have just punted. Im still conflicted. You play to win. Not tie. We play Hou again, so maybe we get payback. 

• Like 1

Just now, GusFring said:

I'm not going to kill Frank now when at the time I said I liked his stance. Who wants to play for a tie. I hated the playcall. And in hindsight, you can't throw away division games, so maybe he should have just punted. Im still conflicted. You play to win. Not tie. We play Hou again, so maybe we get payback. 

I still support his call.

I didn't support the call to go for it at the time (people, including our coach need to understand how much better a tie is than a loss within the division) and yes, there's a real chance that simply not punting will be the difference between postseason play and not, but honestly, that's counting a lot of chickens, it's a long way off.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I didn't support the call to go for it at the time (people, including our coach need to understand how much better a tie is than a loss within the division) and yes, there's a real chance that simply not punting will be the difference between postseason play and not, but honestly, that's counting a lot of chickens, it's a long way off.

It very well could cost us the Playoffs/the Division but in the long run I think by Reich going for it in a situation like that, he earned huge respect from Luck and all the other players. That is huge for the locker room IMO. The players seem to love playing for this guy and they trust him from what I can see.

• Like 1