Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Johnson to IR, Inman Signed

Shive

The Inman signing was a good one, regardless of our young PS players.  I’m betting Fountain will be up soon. Hilton, Rogers, Pascal, Grant, Inman,Fountain. Murderer’s Row!

All I can day is.... get a #2 WR in FA next year. Number one FA priority. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was wondering the same, I'm 31, can catch the ball, am very fast, and can run routes and learn the playbook quickly. I'm only 5'8, but I can make a good speed receiver for this team on a 1 year contract. I've also never got injured in my life.

Hey - I'm 57, 6 feet tall, 20 lbs over weight ( I really like beer), can jog a good route,  and can still catch without wearing my glasses.

Do you think I have a shot?!

Rishard Matthews still up there Dez is Still up there but hey let sign some camp body that can't catch a ball.

So to be a WR in the Colts you have to not cause any separation don't fight for the ball if you do catch the ball make sure it goes into the other person hand and if there nobody around and its the perfect ball drop it. Got it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I heard Stephen Holder talk about this the other day, saying Fountain has been playing really well at practice and coaches have been talking him up. 

Seems odd for him to remain on the practice squad based on Ballard's "play them young " philosophy that we have seen this year.

They are saving him for the playoffs, lol.

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

Hey - I'm 57, 6 feet tall, 20 lbs over weight ( I really like beer), can jog a good route,  and can still catch without wearing my glasses.

Do you think I have a shot?!

58 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You can catch a ball? I think you have a shot! :thmup:

You still have a shot even if you can't catch a ball.  Just ask #80, lol.

1 hour ago, jchandler7 said:

Im know, i just didn't go into full detail. However, here goes...I would like the Colts to cut Pascal, sign Fountain to active roster. Then if/when Pascal clears waivers sign him to PS to take Fountains spot. Basically just swapping spots so we can see what Fountain can do. In 27 targets Pascal has 14 catches, 13 drops = not good.  The reason I'd keep him on PS is because he knows the play book. 

Thats not how that works....  

Pascal is officially credited with 3 drops. The rest were incomplete passes that were deemed not on target, or otherwise not the obvious fault of the WR. Still not great as hes tied for 11th in the NFL for drops currently. Its a team wide problem, with Ebron having 6 drops, Rodgers having 3, and Grant/Hines/Hilton each recording 2 so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was wondering the same, I'm 31, can catch the ball, am very fast, and can run routes and learn the playbook quickly. I'm only 5'8, but I can make a good speed receiver for this team on a 1 year contract. I've also never got injured in my life.

That would change fast on this team cause the colts are cursed forever with the injury bug.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Inman signing is a good thing, now we need to call up Ishmael and Fountain from the practice squad and sign two replacement WR's from other teams practice squads to our practice squad.

Teams can't sign players from other practice squads to their practice squad.     They can only be signed to the active roster

23 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

Whats upsetting to me is that he was injured while being tackled out of bounds and no flag was thrown. SMH

Joseph

But to be fair, he was only 5 yards out of bounds and it was in front of the official, who was staring right at it. 

19 minutes ago, coltsva said:

But to be fair, he was only 5 yards out of bounds and it was in front of the official, who was staring right at it. 

They cant catch everything or sometimes anything.  Just ask the Chiefs.

Is Allen Lazard available? I liked him going into the draft, give him a shot.  What's the worst that can happen, he drops a few passes or tips a pass that goes for a pick 6?

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/16/indianapolis-colts-sign-dontrelle-inman-4-things-to-know/3/

History with Frank Reich

Like the aforementioned Johnson, Inman has a bit of history with the Colts’ first-year head coach in Reich. The 29-year-old spent a little over three seasons with the Chargers.

While Inman was with the Chargers from 2014-17, Reich was the offensive coordinator for the wide receiver’s first two seasons on the West Coast before taking the offensive coordinator gig with the Philadelphia Eagles.

This should help Inman get into the offense quickly, which is needed considering T.Y. Hilton and Ryan Grant are also dealing with injuries.

How about Luck singing.

I work hard (he works hard) every day of my life
I work till I ache in my bones
At the end (at the end of the day)
I take home my hard earned pay all on my own
I get down (down) on my knees (knees)
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord somebody (somebody), ooh somebody
(Please) can anybody find me somebody to catch?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Thanks. At this point wouldn’t hurt to give him and Fountain a game or two 

Agree, it would appear that we need the bodies and since this is a trial season why the heck not. AL gets a different oline every week, might as well do the same with wr corp, give him even more of a challenge.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I'll run screens, crossing routes, slants, and reverses. My speed alone can change the game for us, and I don't fumble.

I can drink a 40 in 4.5.... do you they’d sign me?