Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading down again.....

needanoline63

7 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

While I wouldn’t complain to much about maybe trading down with bills for their 2 1st round picks, I hope we stay at 6. I’m hoping barkley or Nelson make it to 6. How do you feel about trading down again?

I doubt Barkley falls to 6. But if he does you thank the Foorball Gods and run to the podium to Draft him.

If he's not there at 6, you trade down if the haul is good. If not, draft BPA.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Here's a mock Peter Schrager did on NFL.com with us trading back to #12 with the Bills.

Has us taking Harold Landry at 12 and Darius Guice at #22

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923750/article/peter-schrager-mock-draft-20-bills-trade-up-for-baker-mayfield

Hes got us skipping over Quenton Nelson.

Don't like the mock there are better players than Landry still on the board like Edmunds and Davenport.

• Like 1

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

Don't like the mock there are better players than Landry still on the board like Edmunds and Davenport.

I have no desire to trade down either.   From my standpoint its hard to say Davenport is better than Landry.   Everything with him is pure projection based on his size and testing.  There's not much to go off production wise.   Landry at least has a 16 sack season that tells us something.   Edmunds I will give you is better than both of them.

• Thanks 1

If it goes 

QB

Barkley 

QB

Chubb

Nelson 

Definitely should Trade back. Could still get Ward, Edmunds, Roquan, Maurice Hurst and many others at 12

And I’m sure Buffalo is gonna have to give up more than just those 2 first rounders to move up to 6 from 12. The haul from 3 to 6 was big, 6 to 12 has to be big

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

If it goes 

QB

Barkley 

QB

Chubb

Nelson 

Definitely should Trade back. Could still get Ward, Edmunds, Roquan, Maurice Hurst and many others at 12

And I’m sure Buffalo is gonna have to give up more than just those 2 first rounders to move up to 6 from 12. The haul from 3 to 6 was big, 6 to 12 has to be big

Another first rounder is not big? If they added something else it would be small like a 5th.... And then we would probably have to swap 6th round positions are something silly

12 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

If it goes 

QB.  

Barkley 

QB

Chubb

Nelson 

looks risky.  edmunds , smith and ward could all be gone by the 12th.  hurst should be a late first round pick 

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

Here's a mock Peter Schrager did on NFL.com with us trading back to #12 with the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923750/article/peter-schrager-mock-draft-20-bills-trade-up-for-baker-mayfield

Man, I would be all over trading back to #12 and still being able to get Edmunds. I just don't see the Colts passing on him there...though I am intrigued by Landry.

The problem with this trade back (for me anyways)...and I have noticed then in other mocks where the Colts do this...pick #22 is sort of no-man's land. The premium prospects (IMO) are gone at that point...and it's basically a crap shoot where you are picking from a bunch of guys around the same talent level and could likely end up reaching on a player. 

I would rather let BUF keep #22 and give me one of their 2nds and a future 1st. That way I can possibly still get a similar talent on day two AND have more ammunition for next year's stronger draft (at least on the DL).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Man, I would be all over trading back to #12 and still being able to get Edmunds. I just don't see the Colts passing on him there...though I am intrigued by Landry.

The problem with this trade back (for me anyways)...and I have noticed then in other mocks where the Colts do this...pick #22 is sort of no-man's land. The premium prospects (IMO) are gone at that point...and it's basically a crap shoot where you are picking from a bunch of guys around the same talent level and could likely end up reaching on a player. 

I would rather let BUF keep #22 and give me one of their 2nds and a future 1st. That way I can possibly still get a similar talent on day two AND have more ammunition for next year's stronger draft (at least on the DL).

What you're saying makes sense, although I might add there is a strong chance you may have a guy like Maurice Hurst sitting there at #22.   I've been saying he'll go 2nd round, but maybe we may want to take him at 22.  Best 3 technique in the draft.

1 hour ago, needanoline63 said:

While I wouldn’t complain to much about maybe trading down with bills for their 2 1st round picks, I hope we stay at 6. I’m hoping barkley or Nelson make it to 6. How do you feel about trading down again?

CB has already stated he doesn’t want to leave the top 10. Chubb or Nelson will fall to us at 6 then we have 3 second rounders for day 2 to address a couple key needs. 

Now if for some reason chubb, barkley and Nelson are off the board ( won’t happen ) we trade down for more picks. 

Just now, krunk said:

What you're saying makes sense, although I might add you may have a guy like Maurice Hurst sitting there at #22.   I've been saying he'll go 2nd round, but maybe we may want to take him at 22.  Best 3 technique in the draft.

Yeah...Hurst definitely sticks out from that group. And I would also have no problem with LVE...if they didn't have Edmunds. And McGlinchey would be interesting...but he likely won't be there as the top LT in this draft.

I was just thinking about ways to maximize the value of that #6 pick in a trade. While the #22 pick has a lot of value and the Colts would "win" this trade going away (according to the trade chart)...I just think that, in this draft, I would sacrifice that for some (potentially strong) future value and then take my chances with another mid-2nd round pick. Taking a player like Guice at #22 just because they have the pick doesn't really do much for me...especially when I can get a good RB in the next round. Same with one of the OGs. 

• Like 2

Top 5 talent cornerstone type players on the board, you take them. I laugh each and every time I see us being mocked to fall further back in the draft. when its clear the Colts need all the absolute top flight play makers we can get. Do those play makers exist further back? 100%. But, its easier to hit the top than project what may or may not happen (See Edmunds. Freak of Nature, but does have troubling traits which MUST be worked out)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah...Hurst definitely sticks out from that group. And I would also have no problem with LVE...if they didn't have Edmunds. And McGlinchey would be interesting...but he likely won't be there as the top LT in this draft.

I was just thinking about ways to maximize the value of that #6 pick in a trade. While the #22 pick has a lot of value and the Colts would "win" this trade going away (according to the trade chart)...I just think that, in this draft, I would sacrifice that for some (potentially strong) future value and then take my chances with another mid-2nd round pick. Taking a player like Guice at #22 just because they have the pick doesn't really do much for me...especially when I can get a good RB in the next round. Same with one of the OGs. 

Maybe we could even get Jaire Alexander, Rashaan Evans with that pick or Mike Hughes if still on the board.  But again I definitely see the value in your approach also.

If we trade down again I want either the Bills’ or Dolphins’ 2019 1st round picks.

Good chance of a top 5 pick with them even if they do pick Mayfield/Allen. That and maybe an extra 3 this year and I’m happy with that trade.

37 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

looks risky.  edmunds , smith and ward could all be gone by the 12th.  hurst should be a late first round pick 

23 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

CB has already stated he doesn’t want to leave the top 10. Chubb or Nelson will fall to us at 6 then we have 3 second rounders for day 2 to address a couple key needs. 

Now if for some reason chubb, barkley and Nelson are off the board ( won’t happen ) we trade down for more picks. 

This is my mock draft with the trade back with Buffalo for their 2 first rounders. Chubb, Barkley & Nelson were gone. Denzel Ward to pair with Quincy and Sam Hubbard at DE. While he’s no Bradley Chubb, still a pretty good player

2007FA09-3507-42DA-B73E-EF5D120541A8.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I was just about to post this. I might be in the minority, but I'd be very happy with a day 1 haul of Landry & Guice, especially if we're able to squeeze an additional 2nd rounder out of the deal.

1 minute ago, TKnight24 said:

This is my mock draft with the trade back with Buffalo for their 2 first rounders. Chubb, Barkley & Nelson were gone. Denzel Ward to pair with Quincy and Sam Hubbard at DE. While he’s no Bradley Chubb, still a pretty good player

i see you like ward.  im starting to wonder if hes the right fit for our zone defense

Just now, aaron11 said:

i see you like ward.  im starting to wonder if hes the right fit for our zone defense

Denzel to me is the best CB in the draft. He was a lockdown CB at OSU, I’d imagine some coverage would be a breeze with his athleticism & intelligence

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I was just about to post this. I might be in the minority, but I'd be very happy with a day 1 haul of Landry & Guice.

I like the players.  What I don't like in this example is we skipped over Nelson, Edmunds, Roquan Smith, Denzel Ward to do so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I’m good with this IF chubb, Nelson and Barkley are gone 

Just now, TdungyW/12 said:

I’m good with this IF chubb, Nelson and Barkley are gone 

I use firstpick.com and a lot of the drafts I’m doing have all 3 of those guys gone by the time I’m on the clock at 6 so I’ve been doing a lot of trading back. 

I’ve landed Roquan, Denzel, & Edmunds the most

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like the players.  What I don't like in this example is we skipped over Nelson, Edmunds, Roquan Smith to do so.

As good as Nelson is, I wouldn't be opposed to passing on him and taking a guard in the 2nd round that isn't quite as polished, as long as we get pure playmakers in the first.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

As good as Nelson is, I wouldn't be opposed to passing on him and taking a guard in the 2nd round that isn't quite as polished, as long as we get pure playmakers in the first.

Some good guards will still be available I agree.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Some good guards will still be available I agree.

There are a decent amount of 2nd round options that can step in and be every bit as good as a young, healthy Jack Mewhort. I get being fixated on Nelson though, he's a generational talent at that position, as strange as it may sound to say that about a guard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Pretty much how I feel. The 22nd pick doesn't seem as appealing as I first thought, especially after digging through lots of mocks. It seems like every one I look at, right around that 20ish range, I start liking the possibilities less and less. Of course somebody could always drop, but yeah.

• Like 1

I think if it were me making the decision, to trade down with the Bills, I would require both of their 1sts rounders this year, AND ...

- either a 2nd or maybe a 3rd rounder this year ...

- or no less than a second rounder next year.