Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts trade #3 overall pick to New York Jets (merge)

TKnight24

Head scratcher for the Jets... They just resigned McCown for 10 million for 1 year, they brought in Teddy Bridgewater too. I get resigning McCown to mentor the young QB but why Bridgewater? Also they gave up a king's ransom to go up 3 picks. Worse than the bears to niners trade IMO. (from a Jets perspective, of course.)

11 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Colts need talent upgrade all over the roster and this trade gives them the flexibility to do it.

I still really want a difference maker for the front seven. I know you should get focused on position groups but I’m hoping the Colts take Edmunds at 6.

Im also thinking the Colts must not be as high on Chubb of Barkley. One could fall to 6 but if the Colts really wanted them they would stay at 3.

Not necessarily. The Colts could just know that more than likely Chubb will still be available at 6th, and with the Giants and their QB situation being the wild card, Barkley may not be available. My guess is they are banking on Chubb/Nelson being there at 6th while still being able to go Oline in the 2nd. If the off chance both Chubb and Nelson are gone, and no further trades can happen, my gut tells me they will draft Fitzpatrick.

Barkley at this point for us would be a luxury pick that would require the Oline to have been addressed in FA.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just speaking the truth, how is this trade Bad? Yeah FA has stunk but this is a Great move.

I'm messing with you . I like the trade ,but think they should have addressed the line by now in free agency.  In order to be even watchable next year they need an upgrade on the line  and a RB and WR.  Colt fans are fickle.  Ballard might be a bum by midseason.  But tickets are going to be cheap . I'm an older fan , seen many years of horrible Colts football , so I think I'll take it better.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Ballard is good at trying to put the flames out. His spin here in those interviews would make some feel comfortable with the lack of movement thus far in FA

He obviously made this trade to quell the criticism from this forum.....and mike silver.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You and I are thinking the same way...   so I'd like to share a possible trade for the Colts...

We're on the clock at six and the phone rings..    and it's Buffalo...  Ballard doesn't ask for their two ones...   but instead asks for their two 2's this year and their 2 next year as well.    

This would give the Colts FIVE 2's this year and THREE 2's next year.

How does that Colts rebuild look now?

Honestly I think we could get both #1s and both #2s. The bills might be desperate enough to do this if Allen,Rosen or mayfield are still available.

15 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Man Fitz is a monster..Put him with Hooker and we got the best safeties in NFL...

Fritz is not a strong safety...   he's a free safety...    I don't see us starting two free safeties.

If we stay...  its Chubb or Nelson or perhaps Edmunds.

OR....

We might trade back one more time and collect more Day 2 picks this year and maybe next.

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Everyone says Fitz will be the same type of safety as Hooker we will need a SS type not 2 FS

They aren't the same...Honestly I would put Fitz at CB...I like Farley and Geathers..Its good Fitz can play both though..

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fritz us not a strong safety...   he's a free safety...    I don't see us starting two free safeties.

If we stay...  its Chubb or Nelson or perhaps Edmunds.

OR....

We might trade back one more time and collect more Day 2 picks this year and maybe next.

I would put him at CB..Nothing wrong with having 2 ball hawk safeties if we decide that is way to go..Fitz can tackle and has good size he can play SS..

Just now, mahagga73 said:

I'm messing with you . I like the trade ,but think they should have addressed the line by now in free agency.  In order to be even watchable next year they need an upgrade and a RB and WR.  

Yeah I am disappointed so far that we haven't picked up at least 1 O.Lineman that is solid in FA. I guess we still could? Not sure who though. I think in the Draft we will probably get a RB with 1 of our 2nd Round picks now to pair with Mack. Nelson could be there at #6, I like Edmonds the LB too. I think Chubb will be gone before #6.

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

I'm messing with you . I like the trade ,but think they should have addressed the line by now in free agency.  In order to be even watchable next year they need an upgrade and a RB and WR.  

I agree to an extent. It's obvious that we tried, but CB wasn't going to spend what these guys were asking. The Oline will be addressed in the draft, and not in the late rounds either. I'm confident between rounds 1-3, we'll see Oline and D improvements.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Ballard is good at trying to put the flames out. His spin here in those interviews would make some feel comfortable with the lack of movement thus far in FA

He isn't putting out any flames.  He has been very consistent in his approach to FA, just because you and others don't like his approach somehow he is putting out flames and spinning.   He tells you his approach to FA, you chose not to believe him and then criticize him for not doing what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Everyone says Fitz will be the same type of safety as Hooker we will need a SS type not 2 FS

I read somewhere comparing fitz favorably to Ramsey.   I like him and if not Chubb it’s who I’d take 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Boom. 

There you have it. 

Is Chris Ballard awesome again? 

No. Draft picks are a crap shoot. Better odds, but still a crap shoot. We could have kept Melvin easily. We could have signed some proven names, assuming they would have agreed to play for us.

This isn't terrible, but let's pump the brakes a little. We most likely still trade back up into the first with these picks.

1 minute ago, HectorRoberts said:

Honestly I think we could get both #1s and both #2s. The bills might be desperate enough to do this if Allen,Rosen or mayfield are still available.

I think the odds are slim....  I think it's highly doubtful Buffalo agrees to that deal.

We'd be asking for too much for trading back only six spots.   

My hunch is Ballard wants to do a deal where he's getting picks in both 18 and 19.    

This is not a one year rebuild.

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

He isn't putting out any flames.  He has been very consistent in his approach to FA, just because you and others don't like his approach somehow he is putting out flames and spinning.   He tells you his approach to FA, you chose not to believe him and then criticize him for not doing what you want.

His approach to Free Agency is Crap and Producing nothing but crap. Where there online that protect Andrew luck. Where at least a cover line backer or the Corner we need or at least a good DE nope nowhere to be found

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Please explain how this is a "crap" trade?

With any other team we would have gotten there next year 1st round. We know the Jets are not going to do well this year. At least fleece them and take there next year 1 round too. Nope we take their second round.

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

They aren't the same...Honestly I would put Fitz at CB...I like Farley and Geathers..Its good Fitz can play both though..

I don't see Fitz as a corner...   I see safety all the way...

Hey, with our new defense maybe you're right.   I don't know how Ballard sees Fitz?

I just don't see him sitting at six and taking Fitz before Chubb or Nelson..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Good trade yeah BUT what if the Bills match it then offer a 2019 first?  Why would this already be a committed trade with so much time remaining before the draft????    Someone might one up it then the Colts look like *. 

I don't see any way a team is beating that trade. Ballard might deal #6 to someone though.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

No. Draft picks are a crap shoot. Better odds, but still a crap shoot. We could gauge l have kept Melvin easily. We could have signed some proven names, assuming they would have agreed to play for us.

This isn't terrible, but let's pump the brakes a little. We most likely still trade back up into the first with these picks.

The Draft is a crapshoot I agree but I do like having 5 in the 1st 67 picks.

4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I read somewhere comparing fitz favorably to Ramsey.   I like him and if not Chubb it’s who I’d take 

Fitz is a blue chip talent..Cant go wrong wherever you decide to play him..He can fill the Melvin hole or play with Hooker and it'll be Interception city..I would take him with a smile on my face if Nelson isn't there..

• Like 1