Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts trade #3 overall pick to New York Jets (merge)

TKnight24

I think we will trade back again! That #6 spot is going to be very valuable one the draft hits

#1 Browns go Darnold 

#2 giants go Barkley 

#3 jets go mayfield (they love him I have no idea why)

#4 browns go Fitzpatrick 

#5 Broncos go Rosen

that means when our pick is ready Josh Allen will still be available and with how desperate the bills are at qb they are going to pay what ever we want in order to move up and take him. we could be swimming in picks this season! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

The points are not close. We give up 2200 points. We get 2540 points of value just this year! Even if the Jets become great next year the minimum value we get next year is 270 so that would be about 2810 points. This is the MINIMUM. The maximum is 3120. The median is about 2960, which is overpayment by about 760 points, which is the value of a mid-20s first round pick. 

thats not what im getting going by this chart.  the first pick in the second is only 580 points

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

4 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

no chance.  we'll be lucky to get Nelson.  But there will be a good guy at 6, just maybe not Nelson unfortunately (who we needed real bad).  Knew a move was coming, this is not surprising, however, the longer you hold out, the more picks we could have gotten closer to the draft.

Nelson will be #1 on our board, but Fitzpatrick or Edmonds will be nice consolation prizes..I hope we somehow luck into Taven Bryan in 2nd..Why I am hoping for Buffalo trade, get Bryan and Hernandez in 1st..

2 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I think we will trade back again! That #6 spot is going to be very valuable one the draft hits

#1 Browns go Darnold 

#2 giants go Barkley 

#4 browns go Fitzpatrick 

#5 Broncos go Rosen

that means when our pick is ready Josh Allen will still be available and with how desperate the bills are at qb they are going to pay what ever we want in order to move up and take him. we could be swimming in picks this season! 

Yessir!!!

Just did a Mock Draft via fanspeak.com for anyone who likes to do Mock Drafts. 

I like this one. What do you guys think?

C7B82622-ECB6-4A5F-8AC5-A3B53B0F87B8.png

Quality a bit blurry so I’ll just type it out

R1: Bradley Chubb DE

R2: Will Hernandez OG

R2: Tyrell Crosby OT

R2: Billy Price OG

R3: DJ Chark WR

R4: Shaquem Griffin 

R5: Dalton Schultz TE

R6: Holton Hill CB

R7: Greg Stroman CB

• Like 2

Just now, aaron11 said:

thats not what im getting going by this chart.  the first pick in the second is only 580 points

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

#3 - 2200

---------------

#6 = 1600

#37 = 530

#49 = 410

---------------

this is 2540 value in this year's draft + we get their next year's second round pick. 

We are 340 points ahead in this year's draft + more value(between 580 and 270) to come next year. The median pick in the second round is 420(about what is fair to expect). So overall value is around 2960 which is overpayment by 760 points. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I actually like L. Jackson.  He has potential, but I feel for him he will be a product of his environment more so than Baker.  He desperately needs a team who will not only be patient but also has a great offensive minded staff.

I've been saying that man..Jackson might be best QB in draft, next Vick except he has great character and is very intelligent..He needs to add about 15 lbs which isn't hard..

4 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Realist. Unlike people who think Ballard is a genius already. 

You are not wrong for your concerns about Luck's prime, Ballard's initial approach to free agency, etc.  I share them.  But today Ballard made a good move and increased our draft capital.  The Colts will be able to address several areas of need with up to five 1st-3rd round picks.  So today is a day to rejoice a little if only for this thread.   For all we know, Ballard might also make a few key free agent moves soon.  Let's see what talent he is able to add and what next season brings with Luck hopefully back under center.

Just now, stitches said:

#3 - 2200

---------------

#6 = 1600

#37 = 530

#49 = 410

---------------

this is 2540 value in this year's draft + we get their next year's second round pick. 

We are 340 points ahead in this year's draft + more value(between 580 and 270) to come next year. The median pick in the second round is 420(about what is fair to expect). So overall value is around 2960 which is overpayment by 760 points. 

Ballard robbed em..

• Like 1

Colts need talent upgrade all over the roster and this trade gives them the flexibility to do it.

I still really want a difference maker for the front seven. I know you should get focused on position groups but I’m hoping the Colts take Edmunds at 6.

Im also thinking the Colts must not be as high on Chubb of Barkley. One could fall to 6 but if the Colts really wanted them they would stay at 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

#3 - 2200

---------------

#6 = 1600

#37 = 530

#49 = 410

---------------

i see it now, havent  had coffee yet lol

still not what i would call a robbery if that pick is low next year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i see it now, havent  had coffee yet lol

still not what i would call a robbery if that pick is low next year

If that pick is the lowest it can be we get 2810 value, which is overpayment by 610 points. The 31st pick in the first round is worth 600 points. So in essence, purely value wise, Ballard just acquired at the very least a late first round pick value above what is fair by draft charts.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

#1 Browns go Darnold 

#2 giants go Barkley 

#4 browns go Fitzpatrick 

#5 Broncos go Rosen

In this scenario I would stay put and take Chubb at 6. Tampa will take him at 7 if we dont. Bills wont need to jump up that far as nobody in that range except Miami at 11 would need a QB.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are always a couple of people in here that cant resist being negative even when we make a great trade. Nobody in here thinks we are going to be Great because of this either like a couple are saying but it's a step in the right direction. Just like Luck reportedly getting healthy and a handful full of people still think he's done and the reports are lies lmao. Us positive people will just stay happy and enjoy the rebuild. Negative people in general have to be miserable to hang around too haha 

Yeah, how dare they disagree with you . Everything should be a big happy , positive party . 

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I would think if another trade were to happen it'd probably be on draft day.

Just my guess though. I figure teams would want to know which QB is there at #6, and I tend to think the Browns will already be thinking about trading back at #4. But if one of Allen or Mayfield is left, I could see some teams trying to trade up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Edmonds would be my guy. He is a beastly LB and much needed.

I really want Chubb but I'm almost 100% sure he will be gone if he's not I will go crazy I'd get the linemen at the top of the second too like Hernandez 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

If that pick is the lowest it can be we get 2810 value, which is overpayment by 610 points. The 31st pick in the first round is worth 600 points. So in essence, purely value wise, Ballard just acquired at the very least a late first round pick value above what is fair by draft charts.  

splitting hairs at this point. i dont consider that massively over paying, but after looking around the web lots of others do

i dont think a few hundred points of chart value is a big deal when it comes to getting a qb at the top of the draft.  teams have given up more than the jets to do that

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

In this scenario I would stay put and take Chubb at 6. Tampa will take him at 7 if we dont. Bills wont need to jump up that far as nobody in that range except Miami at 11 would need a QB.

Let Tampa have him. Obviously CB is that In love with Chubb. If he was we would have stayed at #3

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

The points are not close. We give up 2200 points. We get 2540 points of value just this year! Even if the Jets become great next year the minimum value we get next year is 270 so that would be about 2810 points. This is the MINIMUM. The maximum is 3120. The median is about 2960, which is overpayment by about 760 points, which is the value of a mid-20s first round pick. 

Good analysis, certainly not a blockbuster trade as some would call it, it's a good "value" trade.  I'm glad most of the picks acquired were in the 2018 draft...that's what I was most worried about.  This should give us some comfort that we are going to get better right away.

2 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I want Nelson at 6 now, but most mock drafts I've seen have him going the Denver at 5, so if all 3 are gone by our pick, the pick value will skyrocket seeing as only 2 QBs would be gone, and I think we might be able to trade down and get Buffalos 2 first rounders even though the pick values would be off a lot!

You and I are thinking the same way...   so I'd like to share a possible trade for the Colts...

We're on the clock at six and the phone rings..    and it's Buffalo...  Ballard doesn't ask for their two ones...   but instead asks for their first pick...   12 overall...   plus two 2's this year and their 2 next year as well.    

This would give the Colts FIVE 2's this year and THREE 2's next year.

How does that Colts rebuild look now?

• Like 3