Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts trade #3 overall pick to New York Jets (merge)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Well that sucks...I hope we take a chunk of that money and invest in Suh...Try and run ball on us then! Everybody is out of money now except us and we are #3 on waiver wire and will have pick of litter for bargains..Ballard is NFL version of Theo Epstein, freakin genius..

jshipp. I understand that, but lets not talk about FA in this thread. Ballard pulled off something really good here. Lets be happy about it and discuss FA in the other thread. Don't want you to get torn up here, we should be happy right now. We'll worry about FA as the days go by.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I concur! Not to mention Mayfield has interviewed extremely well for teams. He does not belong in the same sentence as Manziel. Also, i'm willing to bet the Mayfield haters love L. Jackson, who had a horrible combine. 

I actually like L. Jackson.  He has potential, but I feel for him he will be a product of his environment more so than Baker.  He desperately needs a team who will not only be patient but also has a great offensive minded staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

its really not a robbery.  it looks like we did well, but if that pick next year doesnt end up being high, then the point totals are close 

Kinda is. Especially considering the talent of th top QBs this year. None are of them are can’t miss, once in 10 years type prospects. 

9 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Curious. The Colts are basically saying that they are rebuilding through the draft , not getting any better through FA thus far.  I think a lot of people may be forgetting that this is going to be two more years wasted of Luck prime at least baring a miracle. Everyone in our division is getting better.  Was thinking of buying an extra ST but think I'll pass . This could be as brutal as last season . 

Even if the Colts grabbed every quality FA they still wouldn't compete this year for the SB...If Ballard hits on these first 4 picks and they progress well thought this next season he may be more inclined to spend some real cash next offseason as well as having at least 3 picks in the first two rounds next draft when they could possibly compete.  No reason to break the bank this year when it doesn't get you that much closer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

jshipp. I understand that, but lets not talk about FA in this thread. Ballard pulled off something really good here. Lets be happy about it and discuss FA in the other thread. Don't want you to get torn up here, we should be happy right now. We'll worry about FA as the days go by.

Nobody can tear me up...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think they did really well on this trade. Obviously it would have been a 10/10 if they got a first round next year instead of the second next year but it’s still a great value because we need players and with three 2nd round picks now we helped our team out tremendously 

1 minute ago, MightyLucks said:

Kinda is. Especially considering the talent of th top QBs this year. None are of them are can’t miss, once in 10 years type prospects. 

it depends on what happens with that future pick.  normally i dont like trading for or away future picks, since the value can change drastically.  im fine with this one though but value wise its not a steal if that pick is late 

i think darnold and rosen will be good, the other qbs will need some patience and some of them will bust  

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

its really not a robbery.  it looks like we did well, but if that pick next year doesnt end up being high, then the point totals are close 

It's a good move for the jets regardless. They need a franchise QB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I think they did really well on this trade. Obviously it would have been a 10/10 if they got a first round next year instead of the second next year but it’s still a great value because we need players and with three 2nd round picks now we helped our team out tremendously 

I think the trade is a 10/10 for the mere possibility that Ballard traded down from 3 to 6 and we could still get Nelson or Chubb who we wanted at 3. If that happens, we got three 2nd rounders for free and the biggest steal of the draft. That possibility makes this trade lopsided and a 10 in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Actually this QB class is very deep..5 guys with franchise QB potential..

Ballard could conceivably now address any of OL, LB, DL, RB, WR or CB in the first three rounds with our 5 picks.  It will be interesting to see what he does.  Perhaps our remaining moves in free agency will give us some indication on what Ballard's draft focus will be for the first few picks.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think the trade is a 10/10 for the mere possibility that Ballard traded down from 3 to 6 and we could still get Nelson or Chubb who we wanted at 3. If that happens, we got three 2nd rounders for free and the biggest steal of the draft. That possibility makes this trade lopsided and a 10 in my opinion.

I get what you are saying but we really do not know who the colts would have taken at 3 because there really was too many variables to possibly know that.

Give me Edmunds.  Chubb and Nelson won't be there.  No need to live in fantasy land.  

Also it could be really tempting to trade down again to 8-11 and still be able to leave this draft with Roquan Smith or Edmunds.  Where we are picking very well could be the run on DBs.  James, Fitzpatrick, Ward will be the premiums that we really dont need.   Could be an excellent 2nd trade back spot. And land our future linebacker leader. 

• Like 2

Love it!!!  Still going to get a stud at the 6 spot.  You got to think Cleveland is locked in at QB at 1 or 4 and Jets are defiantly going QB at 3.  Still leaves Chubb/Nelson/Fitzpatrick/Barkley at 6 if NYG and Broncos pass at QB.

Plus if the Giants or Broncos do go QB we could be in a great spot to exploit a team,again.  LOL 

#inballardwetrust

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

wow you should try taking some postive pills. i hear they do wonders:FlamingoDancing:

There are always a couple of people in here that cant resist being negative even when we make a great trade. Nobody in here thinks we are going to be Great because of this either like a couple are saying but it's a step in the right direction. Just like Luck reportedly getting healthy and a handful full of people still think he's done and the reports are lies lmao. Us positive people will just stay happy and enjoy the rebuild. Negative people in general have to be miserable to hang around too haha 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I just want Suh! That would give us one of top defensive lines in football..Give him a 3 yr 54 million dollar deal..

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I hope Chubb is there at 6. 

no chance.  we'll be lucky to get Nelson.  But there will be a good guy at 6, just maybe not Nelson unfortunately (who we needed real bad).  Knew a move was coming, this is not surprising, however, the longer you hold out, the more picks we could have gotten closer to the draft.  But look, I feel we are going to trade again.  We are going to unload #6 for more picks (I feel).  Unless they are 100 percent confident they can get Nelson.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Give me Edmunds.  Chubb and Nelson won't be there.  No need to live in fantasy land.  

Also it could be really tempting to trade down again to 8-11 and still be able to leave this draft with Roquan Smith or Edmunds.  Where we are picking very well could be the run on DBs.  James, Fitzpatrick, Ward will be the premiums that we really dont need.   Could be an excellent 2nd trade back spot. And land our future linebacker leader. 

A guard being available at 6 is far from fantasy land.  If Nelson is available at 6 I hope the colts pass.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Curious. The Colts are basically saying that they are rebuilding through the draft , not getting any better through FA thus far.  I think a lot of people may be forgetting that this is going to be two more years wasted of Luck prime at least baring a miracle. Everyone in our division is getting better.  Was thinking of buying an extra ST but think I'll pass . This could be as brutal as last season . 

Maybe your forgetting Lucks first 3 years it was a youth movement that was fun to watch as well as the results 3 seasons 11-5  as brutal as last season ? No way IMO that will not happen & I have great faith in CB as well as the new coaching staff the Colts may surprise you but I expect great results from this years draft many new players hungry to prove themselves this season will be very interesting .

Just now, mahagga73 said:

Realist. Unlike people who think Ballard is a genius already. 

well what more did you want CB to do? did u want him to spend lots of money on vets that really didn't deserve the type of money they were crying out for or maybe you wanted him to sign even older type vets to try to push us into the playoffs like 2012-2014. well i hate to break it to ya but that method by grigs didn't pan out so well and we'd be crazy to try it again

Just now, chrisfarley said:

no chance.  we'll be lucky to get Nelson.  But there will be a good guy at 6, just maybe not Nelson unfortunately (who we needed real bad).  

There is definitely a chance.  If the Bills trade up like everyone assumes they will, then it could be 4 QBs and Barkley before us.  Not likely, but possible.

14 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

The points are not close. We give up 2200 points. We get 2540 points of value just this year! Even if the Jets become great next year the minimum value we get next year is 270 so that would be about 2810 points. This is the MINIMUM. The maximum is 3120. The median is about 2960, which is overpayment by about 760 points, which is the value of a mid-20s first round pick. 

• Like 4