Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts trade #3 overall pick to New York Jets (merge)

TKnight24

This is so huge. I said on my thread last night we would have 6 picks MINIMUM in the first 3 rounds. We are almost there. Wouldn't mind Nelson, Chubb, Minkah, Edmunds, or Roquan at 6. So many possibilities now. Ballard just turned the draft on his head!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Some need to slow down and think here there is no guarantee that denver takes a QB there is a huge possibility that Barkley Chubb and Nelson will all be gone so who else could be a target? 

Denzel Ward, Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds just off the top of my head

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Some need to slow down and think here there is no guarantee that denver takes a QB there is a huge possibility that Barkley Chubb and Nelson will all be gone so who else could be a target? 

Tremaine Edmunds!!

My favorite prospect in this Draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #7ForDays said:

Johnny Football was a baller...

RG3 was a baller...

Sammy Bradford was a baller...

Case Keenum was a baller...

List of ballers goes on and on. But ballin in NCAAF and the NFL aren't, unfortunately, the same thing.

Hope Baker has a great career, but numbers just don't support it.

I mean... Johnny football and RG3 were very different types of players and one was an addict and the other one had devastating injuries. Same with Bradford who is actually a pretty good and accurate QB when he's healthy. His problem is not his play, it's his health. Case Keenum is not of the same level as the previous 3 mentioned as prospects. 

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Fitzpatrick

Edmunds

Davenport

Ward

Roquan Smith

Vita Vea

Derwin James

My main point is everyone keeps saying we will still grab one of the elite guys when they honestly will all be gone. Barkley to the giants and Chubb to the browns and Nelson to the Broncos. If that happens I hope to trade again with Buffalo 

Definitely amazing value with that trade. We may have been able to swing a slightly better trade on draft day, but also potentially a worse one if the players picked didn't fall our way.

Depending on the players on the board at 6, we may be able to still trade a few more picks back and stockpile even more.

Just now, The Fish said:

I'm not sure a few second rounders fix this team more than getting one of the elite pieces possibly available. It looks okay on paper, but there's a risk here.

For sure. 

But of the guys who just got PAID this off-season, how many were top 10 picks?

It is a crapshoot but the key isn't to target guys who you think are going to be stars, but guys who will make it to a 2nd contract. The pool of players who have star potential is small and clouded with mud. The pool of players who will make it to a 2nd contract is a lot bigger and somewaht less cloudy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Chris Ballard you are redeeming yourself!!!! Now trade #6 pick to Buffalo for even more picks..

IMO we should wait until the draft and see who's there. If Chubb is there I have hard time seeing Ballard passing on him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

My main point is everyone keeps saying we will still grab one of the elite guys when they honestly will all be gone. Barkley to the giants and Chubb to the browns and Nelson to the Broncos. If that happens I hope to trade again with Buffalo 

The Giants met with Rosen at his pro day. I still don't buy all the talk about them 100% not going QB.

I think it's possible that the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick are all QB's. And then it gets interesting with the Browns pick for sure.

3 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

We are essentially guaranteed to get Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson.

There's a small chance that all 4 qbs go in the first 4 picks, and then we have our choice of 2 of them.

How do you figure we are guaranteed one of them??

I want Nelson at 6 now, but most mock drafts I've seen have him going the Denver at 5, so if all 3 are gone by our pick, the pick value will skyrocket seeing as only 2 QBs would be gone, and I think we might be able to trade down and get Buffalos 2 first rounders even though the pick values would be off a lot!

• Like 1

Great way to wake-up out here in So Cal!

A terrific haul to trade back three spots.   We will still be in play for a ton of talent, PLUS we might still trade back a second time picking up more high picks for 18 and maybe even 19.

Perfect.

Personally,  I think we have a poor chance at Chubb, maybe 15 percent, an ok chance at Nelson, perhaps no more than 40-50 percent...   

We are just so well positioned to do whatever we want....

(Now.... if we could just sign some players....  :peek:)

:colts:

• Like 7