Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want as the next Colt's HC

Valpo2004

Poll: Who do you want as HC  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Colts have interviews with the following 3 candidates. Who is your favorite.

• Leslie Frazier
    • David Toub
    • Frank Reich
    • Dan Campbell

I'd like to see Lovie Smith coaching in the NFL again. He's a player's coach and he's not too happy coaching college football right now. He took the Bears to the Super Bowl (against the Colts) and was fired with a winning record (stupid move by the Bears). He was never given a chance in Tampa.

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Your poll presents that like interviewing those 3 is a fact. Haven't we only heard that we've put a request for Reich and Campbell?

Frazier was only speculated as far as I've seen, and Flip hasn't been mentioned I don't think.

My understanding and perhaps it's wrong is that the 3 that we have interviews scheduled for is Frazier, Reich and Toub.  If I'm wrong on this then I apologize.  

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Your poll presents that like interviewing those 3 is a fact. Haven't we only heard that we've put a request for Reich and Campbell?

Frazier was only speculated as far as I've seen, and Flip hasn't been mentioned I don't think.

Yeah, I think so. 

Toub is only being mentioned because of running.ors years ago. Let go of Toub. Don't see why any would want him as a coach anyways. 

Frazier was mentioned once to be on the look at for. 

Only Reich and Campbell have been reached as far as we know. 

I guess I'd choose Reich but I really won't be surprised if it's Campbell.

Stated this in the Campbell Interview Request thread, but I think a staff of HC: Campbell OC: Bevell and of course DC: Eberflus is very possible. This gives Bevell and Eberflus control of play call duties with Campbell being the prototypical leader. Not that Campbell wouldn't be heavily involved with offensive/defense schemes, especially offensive, but yeah, he very much seems in the mold of a Vrabel kind of guy.

23 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Right now I want Reich or Defillipo.  But I reserve the right to pull a McDaniels as more candidates are revealed. Lol

Now, we should make this a new saying: "pull a McDaniels" LOL

About the HC job, Reich would be nice

8 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I can't believe Dan Campbell is even an option 

This...

Look, this isn't a personal attack against him when I say 'scraping the bottom of the barrel', but geez... to go from possibly getting an offensive system like that paired up with Luck, to possibly getting Campbell...

The prospect doesn't exactly raise my spirits.

What would it take to get Sean Payton from NO? I think he was rumored to leave a year or so ago. If we'd have to trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for him I might do that with the lack of options available right now. Unless Ballard is completely sold on a Frank Reich, John DeFillipo, or Dave Toub hire. 

30 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

What would it take to get Sean Payton from NO? I think he was rumored to leave a year or so ago. If we'd have to trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for him I might do that with the lack of options available right now. Unless Ballard is completely sold on a Frank Reich, John DeFillipo, or Dave Toub hire. 

Payton signed a 5 year contract worth over 45 million dollars in 2017. He would not be available for no 3rd or 4th round pick. Besides, he don't want to coach anywhere else and plans on staying in New Orleans till he retires.

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I'd much rather have Schwartz over any of the 3. Schwartz could then bring on DeFillipo on as OC who is the more high ceiling offensive mind between him and Reich from what I've heard. 

Here is the problem I am seeing with DeFillipo. If he has 1 very good year, much like Matt Nagy and Sean McVay, he jumps ship to the best HC opportunity he gets.

If you want to get DeFillipo, he would have to come in as HC, that is the only way, IMO.

That is why I agree with Venturi - Reich as HC with Bevell as OC. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Ok. Sorry but we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. 
    • Well Doug, I’m just bored enough to play along with shenanigans & even though you’ve totally moved the goal post on what I asked you, here we go!   First, you got the answer wrong. Go back and watch the passing game quarter 1, putrid. Pittman was all out of sorts, Pascal was Pascal. They didn’t have a 1st down in the first quarter, run or pass. That’s not binary. That’s a fact.   Second, the pass to Pittman wasn’t on a RPO. I’m glad you learned a new acronym, next we will try to learn what it stands for and how it is implemented. Frank calls a play, let’s just say it’s a RPO. The players get to the line and hike the Ball…every body does the same thing run or pass, the only person who has a decision to make is the QB. He reads a conflict defender, if he steps up to play run, you pass to a predetermined receiver that was left uncovered. If he bails to cover receiver, you stick it in RB’s gut. It’s not complicated and it’s a great tool. Wentz and Frank are good at it, they were good at it in Philly as well. It’s not a check, or an audible. It’s a run play with an option to pass based off of one defender. Knowing that it is a run play 1st, and knowing that the pass to Pittman was a long developing play eliminates it being an RPO or else the linemen who most likely have been downfield before the pass, which is not allowed. Next.   Frank s the head coach. He has a whole staff that helps him scout teams, tendencies, etc. Are you suggesting that Frank and his staff didn’t have any idea what defense the Bucs would be running, or what scheme they would be utilizing to stop the run by the 3rd damn quarter? If so, I can’t help you. I’d suggest football for dummies would be a good place to start….it’s a book by the way. Next.   Frank is responsible for making the decision to pass or not because…get this…he is the play caller. Shocking revelation ain’t it? Play callers is the person that either stands on the sidelines or sits up in the box above the stands looking down onto the football field where the game of football is being played. They have these headsets they speak into that transmits to a ear piece placed in the helmet of the QB so that they can communicate during the game, it’s at this point that the play caller gives the QB the next play, or sometimes a couple plays to be ran based on how the defense aligns. Next.   Back to RPO’s…yes if he calls an RPO, he is calling a running play. In this case however, based on scouting reports & how the Bucs were aligning, he knew good and well that the R part of RPO wasn’t going to be a good option. Lastly, you don’t call an RPO every play. Frank stated 6-10 is about right per game. There are other plays called in a game. Some are passes, some are runs. If you notice that your not running, and you would like to run, you call a run play…I’ll try to slow down if needed, I know we are getting into advanced stuff here.    You call JT’s number for a couple reasons, mainly because becoming one dimensional in offense rarely works for a team over the course of a game or season. Another reason to call JT’s number is because he is really good, like really good. Like averaging 5 yards a carry on ever so terrifying Bucs D. Like completely dominating the number 1 ranked Bills D the week prior good.   What you all “defenders” are saying us that if we’re critical if his play calling in the 3rd quarter we can’t understand or appreciate his play calling in the 2nd or that we wanted him to run 26 times straight instead of staying balanced…like in the 2nd quarter where the team scored 21 freaking points against the terrifying Bucs D.   What else might I be able to assist you with tonight?      
    • I don’t suppose you’ve noticed….   But….   All your conspiracy theories have been rejected by this community.   You couldn’t have a better audience…. People here willing to give you a listen and consider your views….  Yet your rash of conspiracy theories you've posted today have all been given a huge thumbs down.     And yet you keep coming back with more…..   Hey, it’s your dime….  You get to do what you want.   Just thought I’d point out what I thought should be obvious by now….      
    • Oh look, @Btown_Coltand @EastStreet showed up with nothing positive to say because they haven't posted incessantly enough in every other thread in this forum to + about this team. Beyond boring. Go start another Frank Reich sucks thread. Lord knows we haven't heard you say it enough.
    • I'm just saying. The pressure Wentz was facing include the fact the WRs were not doing him any favors, he balled out. Winning the game is important, but Wentz did more then enough to win the game and yes imo outplayed Brady.
  • Members

• indyagent17

indyagent17 1,024

• cjrulli

cjrulli 210

• TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT 4

• Btown_Colt

Btown_Colt 682

• PRnum1

PRnum1 574

• ar7