Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want as the next Colt's HC

Valpo2004

Poll: Who do you want as HC  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Colts have interviews with the following 3 candidates. Who is your favorite.

• Leslie Frazier
    • David Toub
    • Frank Reich
    • Dan Campbell

I'd like to see Lovie Smith coaching in the NFL again. He's a player's coach and he's not too happy coaching college football right now. He took the Bears to the Super Bowl (against the Colts) and was fired with a winning record (stupid move by the Bears). He was never given a chance in Tampa.

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Your poll presents that like interviewing those 3 is a fact. Haven't we only heard that we've put a request for Reich and Campbell?

Frazier was only speculated as far as I've seen, and Flip hasn't been mentioned I don't think.

My understanding and perhaps it's wrong is that the 3 that we have interviews scheduled for is Frazier, Reich and Toub.  If I'm wrong on this then I apologize.  

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Your poll presents that like interviewing those 3 is a fact. Haven't we only heard that we've put a request for Reich and Campbell?

Frazier was only speculated as far as I've seen, and Flip hasn't been mentioned I don't think.

Yeah, I think so. 

Toub is only being mentioned because of running.ors years ago. Let go of Toub. Don't see why any would want him as a coach anyways. 

Frazier was mentioned once to be on the look at for. 

Only Reich and Campbell have been reached as far as we know. 

I guess I'd choose Reich but I really won't be surprised if it's Campbell.

Stated this in the Campbell Interview Request thread, but I think a staff of HC: Campbell OC: Bevell and of course DC: Eberflus is very possible. This gives Bevell and Eberflus control of play call duties with Campbell being the prototypical leader. Not that Campbell wouldn't be heavily involved with offensive/defense schemes, especially offensive, but yeah, he very much seems in the mold of a Vrabel kind of guy.

23 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Right now I want Reich or Defillipo.  But I reserve the right to pull a McDaniels as more candidates are revealed. Lol

Now, we should make this a new saying: "pull a McDaniels" LOL

About the HC job, Reich would be nice

8 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I can't believe Dan Campbell is even an option 

This...

Look, this isn't a personal attack against him when I say 'scraping the bottom of the barrel', but geez... to go from possibly getting an offensive system like that paired up with Luck, to possibly getting Campbell...

The prospect doesn't exactly raise my spirits.

What would it take to get Sean Payton from NO? I think he was rumored to leave a year or so ago. If we'd have to trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for him I might do that with the lack of options available right now. Unless Ballard is completely sold on a Frank Reich, John DeFillipo, or Dave Toub hire. 

30 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

What would it take to get Sean Payton from NO? I think he was rumored to leave a year or so ago. If we'd have to trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for him I might do that with the lack of options available right now. Unless Ballard is completely sold on a Frank Reich, John DeFillipo, or Dave Toub hire. 

Payton signed a 5 year contract worth over 45 million dollars in 2017. He would not be available for no 3rd or 4th round pick. Besides, he don't want to coach anywhere else and plans on staying in New Orleans till he retires.

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I'd much rather have Schwartz over any of the 3. Schwartz could then bring on DeFillipo on as OC who is the more high ceiling offensive mind between him and Reich from what I've heard. 

Here is the problem I am seeing with DeFillipo. If he has 1 very good year, much like Matt Nagy and Sean McVay, he jumps ship to the best HC opportunity he gets.

If you want to get DeFillipo, he would have to come in as HC, that is the only way, IMO.

That is why I agree with Venturi - Reich as HC with Bevell as OC.