Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if ballard constructed a "Super Staff"

Indeee

Of course the egos would have to be set aside, and from what I gather, a current positional coach can switch teams for same position with other teams permission, sooo...

McDaniels as HC/OC

Shottenheimer as OC

Richard as Dc/Asst HC

Toub as ST coordinator/Strength and Conditioning

I'm hearing that Seattle is reaching out to Gus Bradley to rejoin the Hawks, this is interesting in that maybe they are thinking Richard will bolt

Could this be possible?

not sure if this would get merged or not

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Of course the egos would have to be set aside, and from what I gather, a current positional coach can switch teams for same position with other teams permission, sooo...

McDaniels as HC/OC

Shottenheimer as OC

Richard as Dc/Asst HC

I'm hearing that Seattle is reaching out to Gus Bradley to rejoin the Hawks, this is interesting in that maybe they are thinking Richard will bolt

Could this be possible?

How do we get toub from kc? 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

McDaniels as HC/OC

Shottenheimer as OC

Richard as Dc/Asst HC

Could this be possible?

Do you honestly think the Seahawks and Chiefs would be fine letting these guys go?   

no seriously.     How is this even remotely possible?   

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

McDaniels as HC/OC

Shottenheimer as OC

Richard as Dc/Asst HC

Could this be possible?

By nfl rules, not possible

25 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Title says "Super Staff"......and then you have Schottenheimer listed as OC.

This.

Also, why would people like Richard and Toub agree to lateral moves?  Why would they move to a whole new franchise and city to do the same job?  Also, what makes you think this would be a super staff?

More like "Super Mediocre Staff" amirite?!

A guy who hasn't been the strength and conditioning coach on a staff in a 17 years...

A twice failed offensive coordinator

A third year defensive coordinator whose unit's all got consistently worse year after year

And a head coach who is 11-17 and couldn't last two full seasons in his only gig...

Yeah, that's exactly what this team needs!!

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

McDaniels as HC/OC too likely, Mike Pettine as DC, no change in ST coach. Heck, our ST was top 10 in the league in DVOA, the only unit that was Top 10. 

Change for the sake of change is not good, we just need a few play makers on D and a few less on O, and we will be winning the division with Luck back, IMO.

A few LESS playmakers on offense?    

Is that what you meant to say?     :scratch:

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

How is Shotty your dream OC?  Super Staff would include a much better OC, especially an OC that would run something close to McDaniels system.  Shotty is not that guy at all.

He's not, I picked someone who who just hold title of OC while McDanial called plays

9 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I read it as a few less additions 

Yes...   me too...   but why would you want a few less additions?

Several O-lineman

Several wide receivers 

At least one lead running back

That seems like a good off-season haul on that side of the ball.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Several O-lineman

Several wide receivers 

True.  We don’t even know what kind of o we will run or what kind of blocking scheme.  Could need entirely different players throughout.  

If McDaniels is the HC, I want him calling plays too. Schotty can be QB coach still. Keep McMahon as ST coach. Gus Bradley is apparantly a free agent and Seattle wants him back, perhaps at the expense of Richard. I'd take either of those guys as DC. Did Bill Callahan get retained in Oakland? If he didnt, go out and get him to coach the O-Line.

10 hours ago, Indeee said:

He's not, I picked someone who who just hold title of OC while McDanial called plays

In a dream scenario, or Super Staff, McDaniels could call the plays but I would still hope for an OC like DeFlippo or Pat Shurmur.  Someone who can come in and work wonders with key offensive players.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Several O-lineman

Several wide receivers 

I felt like our offensive woes were as much a function of play calling as they were on OL and skill positions. Improved play calling might reduce the needs on the offensive side, IMO. Yes, I won't complain about additions to the offensive side if it happens that way but I think with the salary cap and draft cap being finite, there would be only so many additions we'd be able to make and if I had to choose, I'd choose the defensive side to add more talent on, but that is just me. :) 

However, yes, there are holes to fill on either side, I do agree on that.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Several O-lineman

Several wide receivers 

he didn't say they would WANT less, he said they would NEED less on Offense than Defense, which is at least a defensible position if not more....