Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bengals predictions

runthepost

This one could go either way...last week's debacle could result in an even worse outing if this team has given up.  OR, last week's embarrassment was so bad that pride will bounce back and put forth a much better effort, or maybe even a win.  But, it will be hard to protect our QB since the OL is all under the bus.

I say we win 20-17 and TY doesn't even get a pass thrown to him.  JB decides to utilize the other receivers and Mack out of the backfield.

Colts start the game and play the first half on Defense playing just man to man, and stick with the run. 

Colts up 10-3 at halftime

Colts come out in the 2nd half and switch to a soft zone since they have the lead. The Colts only two series in the 3rd on Offense, they attempt 6 different 7 step drop passes. Results in 1 first down, 3 sacks. Bengals miss a FG, but AJ Green gets a 56 yard TD on 3 and 12. After the 3rd, its now

Colts tied at 10-10.

Colts the allow 21 points in the 4th quarter, and fail to get a 1st down the rest of the game.

31-10 Bengals

This game would be a wash if I though the Colts had anyone who could stop AJ Green.

I also think that Joe Mixon guy is due.

The Bengals will score more than the Colts. This is one of the last few games left that the Colts have a shot of winning though.. Maybe they show up. Maybe they don't. Last week was a kick to the groin..

On 2017-10-26 at 3:25 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Actually everyone okin the planet gets to do that 

I don't think that's fair.

Denver

Arizona

Miami

are all these coaches stupid. I could argue all those teams have more talent than the Colts, yet they all got shut out. Is it melt down mode over there?

2 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I don't think that's fair.

Denver

Arizona

Miami

are all these coaches stupid. I could argue all those teams have more talent than the Colts, yet they all got shut out. Is it melt down mode over there?

All those coaches haven't sucked every year They have coached 2 are rookie head coaches the other is still better then chuck but not that great imo 

I predict the Colts will win 230 to 7.....no, wait, I got that backwards, Bengals 230, Colts 7.  I also predict that Chuck will make a lot of boneheaded calls, up to and including a new fake punt which involves just the center with the rest of the team on the sideline.  Afterwards he will say in his presser that he is proud of his team, and he has no regrets for the failed, embarrassing, humiliating, incompetent fake punt.

Well for obvious reasons many here are not buying the colts win this game. Personally I am much more curious, if the colts do win, what are the keys to the game. Considering their D line, i would assume to win we desperately need to utilize quick over the middle crossing routes. Use pitch and stretch plays to avoid atkins. On defense start freaking blitzing and double green. Make Dalton beat you with no running game and limit AJ. Lewis is considered a joke remaining headcoach for the Bengals but IMO they have better coordinators. Lets hope chud and ted prove alot of us wrong, at least for 1 week. 

That said we are pretty banged up, as usual. 21-10 Bengals. Their D will attempt to do what the Jags did with tight coverage and great pressure with the D line.

This could be an interesting game.

According to footballoutsiders Bengals are 18th in overall team efficiency (their D being the main reason) while the colts are last.

However I think the colts win. Nothing to base it on other than rebounding from last week :)

24-20 Colts

12 hours ago, life long said:

Well for obvious reasons many here are not buying the colts win this game. Personally I am much more curious, if the Colts do win, what are the keys to the game? Considering their D line, i would assume to win we desperately need to utilize quick over the middle crossing routes. Use pitch and stretch plays to avoid Atkins. On defense start freaking blitzing and double green. Make Dalton beat you with no running game and limit AJ. Lewis is considered a joke remaining head coach for the Bengals but IMO they have better coordinators. Let's hope Chud and ted prove a lot of us wrong, at least for 1 week. 

That said we are pretty banged up, as usual. 21-10 Bengals. Their D will attempt to do what the Jags did with tight coverage and great pressure with the D line.

1..Don't go for it on fourth down in FG range. There is a reason you have a HOF kicker.

2. Double-team on Geno Atkins when the Bengals are not blitzing.

3. Make halftime adjustments no matter what the score is.

On 10/25/2017 at 5:03 PM, Indy500 said:

I actually think we will come out and play a much improved game, we will still lose but it wont be a blow out 

Bengals 27-21 Colts

On 10/25/2017 at 5:33 PM, Malakai432 said:

^ Similar to this.  It hopefully should be a good game.  

On 10/25/2017 at 5:46 PM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Bengals are 10 point favorites.  I think they'll get off to a good start but then the Colts will make a rally but come up short.  27-21 Bengals. I think I'd take the Colts and the points in this game. 

If we can play to our strengths ( like turnover differential, etc) and minimize mistakes (penalties, notably at crucial points) we could make this close, maybe like these above. if they dont win the turnover battle and reduce penalties, we lose by a wider margin.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:32 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

What happened to all the people that thought we were a good team? we were just one game out of first remember!! Now everyone is predicting blow outs lmao

Team is still searching for its identity, but the most influential factor--   Colts are on the road.  It is hard to win in the NFL on the road, even when your a decent team and clicking along.  Colts might not win a single road game this year, and very few home games as well.  But they need to work, and try to get better every week.