Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could any Colts be available in trade talks as trade deadline approaches on 10/31

richard pallo

No trades unless it is to pick up a WR like Bryant for a draft pick. Pitt may be willing to let him go. Worth inquiring. You hold onto your assets right now and bring in more next year. Keep TY and ask him to suck it up and try to set an example for the rest of the year. And as for Gore, he may be one of the few men in that locker room who know how to act like a professional. You keep him around for that reason alone. 

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Why is it people seem to forget that if Davis leaves we DO get something, we get a draft pick.  Conditional picks are rewarded, not sure what it would be though, maybe a 4th.  So quit saying we do not get anything if he leaves.

Compensatory pick would only be awarded if we dont sign a free agent to offset his departure this offseason. With 70m+ in cap its hard to believe we wont sign a bunch of players. We wont be getting any comp picks, which is why people are saying we wont get anything if he leaves. 

1 hour ago, ar7 said:

I feel the same. I'm at the point where i'm I actually hope the Colts do trade TY. I would rather get a decent draft pick and be free to use the salary elsewhere. (though i'm not sure what the cap implications would be for trading him) If Hilton were to get traded I think it would come after the season is over, though.

I am hoping the Colts let Vontae Davis and Donte Moncrief walk after this season. So if they could get something for either one in a trade I would be in favor of that. Maybe a team that feels they can contend would give up a late pick for them if they are down at CB or WR. 

I also agree with others who feel the Colts should trade Gore. I feel awful for him. He chose to come here thinking this team would contend for a Superbowl and things have been crap. He can still produce and is the type of player you want on your team.

With all that said I don't think any moves are likely to happen.

Vontae could be retained as a #2 CB and sign a lower contract.  He's still better than most CBs in the NFL and will be viable for a couple more years, but maybe not matched up against the opponents best receiver.  I wish we could have gotten a true #1 CB last spring and the 2 starting CB positions would be nailed down for several years.

1 hour ago, ar7 said:

I feel the same. I'm at the point where i'm I actually hope the Colts do trade TY. I would rather get a decent draft pick and be free to use the salary elsewhere. (though i'm not sure what the cap implications would be for trading him) If Hilton were to get traded I think it would come after the season is over, though.

I am hoping the Colts let Vontae Davis and Donte Moncrief walk after this season. So if they could get something for either one in a trade I would be in favor of that. Maybe a team that feels they can contend would give up a late pick for them if they are down at CB or WR. 

I also agree with others who feel the Colts should trade Gore. I feel awful for him. He chose to come here thinking this team would contend for a Superbowl and things have been crap. He can still produce and is the type of player you want on your team.

With all that said I don't think any moves are likely to happen.

Trading ty would be stupid without a proper replacement

47 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Compensatory pick would only be awarded if we dont sign a free agent to offset his departure this offseason. With 70m+ in cap its hard to believe we wont sign a bunch of players. We wont be getting any comp picks, which is why people are saying we wont get anything if he leaves. 

Extremely valid point and I stand corrected.  Brain farted on that one.  Good catch!

since we are not going anywhere this year clean house and make room for better talent. some average or below guys are aiken, butler, sheard, melvin. bostic, le raven clark, gore, davis, and tolzien. whatever pick we can get for these guys will help build for next season. the mentioned have not been a force for us. upgrade them. these guys are not taking us to the playoffs

On 10/24/2017 at 10:19 AM, aaron11 said:

we would have no offense if we traded ty

27 - 0 is no offense anyways.... TY has what 3 catches in 2 games....  GHOST is a perfect avatar for him.  Team is done, get what you can for him or anyone other than Luck.  Looking forward to 2019 and 2020.   :Nuke:

6 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

27 - 0 is no offense anyways.... TY has what 3 catches in 2 games....  GHOST is a perfect avatar for him.  Team is done, get what you can for him or anyone other than Luck.  Looking forward to 2019 and 2020.   :Nuke:

I am sure as heck glad you are not the Colts GM.

20 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

he lead the league in yardage last year

this year he is playing with a very young qb that doesnt know the system yet

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Honestly, I think they should trade Gore to a contender. He deserves it. May not get much in return but at least it'll be something and he should get a title shot.

If we wanted to be "fair" to Gore because he deserves it we would essentially cut him and let him pick the team to sign with.  You cannot assume that a "contender" wants him let alone wants to offer any pick for him.  Similar to Bowman in SF.

Frank Gore: Trade him to a contender needing a RB for a 5/6th, but more merciful to release

Vonte Davis: High 3 or low 2nd (Realistically this season probably a 4th, sadly)

Next years top 5 pick for a top 15 pick+multiple 2/3 picks

Realistically, this team doesn't have much. Its all going to depend upon the upcoming draft to see who is really expendable 

On 10/24/2017 at 7:40 AM, ColtsBlitz said:

We can't risk trading anyone that has value on our team because we have no depth. Trading TY would be the worst move by a franchise in the last decade. 

Yeah, getting that hot dog out of here would ruin the whole team, but I’ll bet the oline would offer to pay for the moving van as a goodbye gift.

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

The bulk of his yards last year came against below average teams, he disappeared against anyone with a reasonable secondary.  Same this year, but he has dropped more passes and disappeared against most secondaries.  But in his defense, he is good at pointing fingers....  

Another player that could garner some interest is Costanzo.  The eagles are in the hunt and they have lost there LT Peters.  The Seahawks are also looking to upgrade their OL.  Good is probably a few weeks away and could go back to the RT spot and they could move Haag to LT.  Risky trade but if we lose Sunday they might get some calls on Costanzo.  Costanzo to the Eagles for Kendricks and a 4th might be worth considering.  

37 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

The bulk of his yards last year came against below average teams, he disappeared against anyone with a reasonable secondary.  Same this year, but he has dropped more passes and disappeared against most secondaries.  But in his defense, he is good at pointing fingers....  

i agree with some of this, but teams are learning that you can beat the colts by taking ty out of the game

he needs to get out into space to be dangerous, but in order to do that he does need the line to block, and it would help if another receiver would step up once in a while.  right now nobody else on this offense scares teams at all

trade ty and we wont get what hes worth plus we will need to add a really good WR to our already loooooong list of needs

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Man Haeg can barely play right tackle.    Jacoby would be in the Hospital if Haeg was playing left tackle.  I doubt they get rid of Costanzo this year.

Polian got me thinking.  He thinks the Eagles should definitely trade for a LT.  He mentioned Brown from the Texans but he is quite a bit older than Costanzo and has been a long holdout.  Costanzo has many years left and is under contract. I said it was risky but a team thinking they can win it all this year might make us an offer we can't refuse.  All things considered it's more likely another player gets moved like Davis, Gore or Moncrief. 

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Polian got me thinking.  He thinks the Eagles should definitely trade for a LT.  He mentioned Brown from the Texans but he is quite a bit older than Costanzo and has been a long holdout.  Costanzo has many years left and is under contract. I said it was risky but a team thinking they can win it all this year might make us an offer we can't refuse.  All things considered it's more likely another player gets moved like Davis, Gore or Moncrief. 

We need Castonzo this year and next.  No way we trade him.  We might draft his eventual replacement within the next couple years, but he is desperately needed for at least 2018 and probably 2019 too.

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

TY does have a tendency to disappear in games at times and then have huge games.  

With that said the Colts aren’t trading TY.  Moncrief is unreliable as a number two let alone as a number one and a free agent at the end of the season.  The Colts would have no receivers moving forward without him.  

On 10/25/2017 at 11:48 AM, BProland85 said:

This is a lost season, so if TY's value is as high as it'd gonna get, you trade him at the deadline, and trust Ballard to find  replacement WRs in the 2018 offseason. 

I wouldnt do it for the fact that ballard will have hands full finding two mlbs pass rush and oline

i would agree that Hilton is our only playmaker on offense... but if Ballard is TRUELY rebuilding this team one can also argue that Hilton is a problem in the locker room, he talks way too much and has a huge ego, he is also inconsistent and tends to dissapear at crucial moments in games. Now would be the best time to trade him just coming off his league leading year last year and a decent start to this year, i wouldnt be upset as long we could good enough value for him.